DCS IV- CPC Sample comparisons (1 Viewer)

RowdyRawhide

Full House
Reaction score
I think I remember several people talking about taking old and new CPC/ASM samples to the meetup and comparing them. If so could you guys and gals report as to what you found.

Interested if there was much difference in any colors.... esp with the DG colors and arc yellow

Thanks
Aaron

I have both sets, and was the one who brought them to DCS. I think there are a number of ASM colors that have changed due to dye availability, and strongly recommend getting a new color sample for yourself. There are a lot of shifts in the dayglo colors IMO. They are a little less vibrant than before. You won't regret getting the samples. You may regret not getting them.

I have both sample sets and agree with Rob. A couple of the DG colors appear less intense and grey has a very slight blue tint compared to the old one. Plus, seeing New Pink, Saturn Yellow, and Blurple (my favorite of the new colors) in person may change some of your color choices. Get a new sample set if you are considering an order.

Thanks guys I have a sample set that I think I received in August, about two weeks before the "newest" version of the sample that now includes blurple, and couple of others.....I think mine has the five or six different greens. I have been trying to establish what color is what as they are not marked in any way from CPC (hint hint David :p) so I have been trying to cross reference from the few sample sets I have, and only have about eight or so colors I am trying to figure out what is what and I think two of those are greens that will never be offered again.....I think.

I was also looking at other sets from the past that used DG colors as solids or base colors and they looked much brighter than the ones I have.

Thanks for the replies, still looking for a sample set of MD 50's and H molds to see how they stack if anyone out there has any to part with. :cool:

Thanks
Aaron

MD50s are awesome. My favorite feeling mold from ASM that I have ever played with with a full set. Stack great.

I have been trying to establish what color is what as they are not marked in any way from CPC (hint hint David :p)

Really? Thanks for the warning, as there's little point in ordering a sample set if they aren't clearly marked. I have red/green issues, and I know there are some colours I might have issues with (dark green & black, grey & light green, etc). The main reason for ordering a colour sample would be to properly match the name to the actual colour as I see it.

Really? Thanks for the warning, as there's little point in ordering a sample set if they aren't clearly marked. I have red/green issues, and I know there are some colours I might have issues with (dark green & black, grey & light green, etc). The main reason for ordering a colour sample would be to properly match the name to the actual colour as I see it.

Get ben to label them and remail them to you. He is pretty xbert on identifying the colors.

Get ben to label them and remail them to you. He is pretty xbert on identifying the colors.

I could do this. Heck, I could probably do it just from a decent pic. Though I did have trouble telling the difference between DG and Saturn Yellows in low light. :eek:

Regarding Chicken liking blurple, I have to go on Urban dictionary, isn't a blurple some sick sexual act?

CR wore a pretty epic Blurple tee shirt for one day of DCS III and someone (Bergs/Guinness?) burst out with what the hell color is that? It stuck

CR wore a pretty epic Blurple tee shirt for one day of DCS III and someone (Bergs/Guinness?) burst out with what the hell color is that? It stuck

Actually, I was out of clean laundry and was super busy right before leaving for DCS3, and ordered a 6-pack of blue T shirts, overnight shipping as a solution (amazon prime FTW). Everyone thought they looked like paulson blurple. I was renamed Blurple Chicken. I brought them to DCS4, as they were my lucky shirts last year. Apparently I laundered out some of the luck form last year, as I won a lot less this year (but still went home winner).

I wear them to bergs games as well. Looking at getting more and silk screening them. Need to do some blurple chicken branding...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom