Interest Dal Negro playing cards (3 Viewers)

i can do it. what do you want?
I had successfully entered in three (3) different lines as I wanted six (6) different colours across two (2) backs; however, it appears that is not what I was supposed to do :) It entered okay, but Dan said to fix it up, so I deleted the last two (2) lines and kept the one (1) :)
Thanks mate

Hi everyone
Furthermore, we need to hit 1000 decks total for this to happen. This is only for the bridge size. Once we hit 1000 bridge, we can add on the poker size. They have small MOQs and they have stock ready to go.

also, please make sure each person only has one line per order. Narrow it down to your favourite and desired preference for colours and backs. This will help with the correct counts.
@Phantom @Nuhockey can you please adjust your preferences.

appreciate everyone’s help in contributing to the buy.
@brewdawg also

Damn, this has me all confused. Lol. I would
Be in for 5 setups of bridge/jumbo circle backs. 5 decks of yellow and 5 decks of cyan. Thank you!
1631771395097.png

done

I had successfully entered in three (3) different lines as I wanted six (6) different colours across two (2) backs; however, it appears that is not what I was supposed to do :) It entered okay, but Dan said to fix it up, so I deleted the last two (2) lines and kept the one (1) :)
Thanks mate
1631771465841.png

1631771488210.png

I put my votes in. Whatever we end up going with, I think it would be a tremendous shame to not take advantage of the non-standard color options. I went with the combo below, don't think I've seen it anywhere before. :)

combo.PNG

I put my votes in. Whatever we end up going with, I think it would be a tremendous shame to not take advantage of the non-standard color options. I went with the combo below, don't think I've seen it anywhere before. :)

View attachment 778371
vote with your order! 100% agree with non standard colours. I originally went magenta and green myself but then I realised the dal negro setups i have a green and brown so went with magenta and orange. Im really curious to see yellow and cyan but I dont think yellow will contrast enough with white and that cyan is just light blue so not unique enough.

@davislane I did consider cyan a long time, paired with either yellow or orange. I have a bunch of yellow decks already though (and indeed it has less contrast with white than other colors), and felt like cyan-orange combo was too contrasting. Violet-orange also has one cold and one warm color, which although not necessary, I think works very well.

@davislane I did consider cyan a long time, paired with either yellow or orange. I have a bunch of yellow decks already though (and indeed it has less contrast with white than other colors), and felt like cyan-orange combo was too contrasting. Violet-orange also has one cold and one warm color, which although not necessary, I think works very well.
they other alternative is that i sell all the dal negro setups i have and go back to my original pick of magenta & green.

Screenshot_20210916-200606_WhatsApp.jpg

But then we go back to my point of back colors that are normally available... I mean I like the colors, but anyone can get them (albeit with a different back design, probably). Ordering 1000 decks we can, and IMO should, do a color combo that isn't run-of-the-mill.

But then we go back to my point of back colors that are normally available... I mean I like the colors, but anyone can get them (albeit with a different back design, probably). Ordering 1000 decks we can, and IMO should, do a color combo that isn't run-of-the-mill.
I dont think you can even buy these setups online anymore. I know I looked. I got lucky and found some bridge club selling excess setups that they ordered directly from dal negro once upon a time.

16317879339931061977663382801623.jpg
16317879694103337010949760491199.jpg
16317880518154017707454124989152.jpg

I have spares if anyone is interested

Regardless, it's still a run-of-the-mill color combo. I'm sure you can find it in stock from other manufacturers if not Dal Negro.

Regardless, it's still a run-of-the-mill color combo. I'm sure you can find it in stock from other manufacturers if not Dal Negro.
My plan is to stock up on Bridge/Jumbo in a Dal Negro. Those are pretty hard to locate here in the US. If I’m going buy multiple set ups I’d prefer to have classic colors. To each his own is all I’m gonna say.

Added my entries into the sheet, thanks for trying to wrangle this :)

After some comments above, I'm now on the fence on which color to pair with Cyan: Yellow or Orange. I've had (and have) some NTP and Desjgn in Yellow and they are not too light of a color but I have a feeling Orange might pair better with Cyan. Fournier's Orange is gorgeous. If Dal Negro gets close to that, I think it would look better than Yellow to me.

Although I can see Violet being a good color as well, since I always have dark felts (to make the chips/cards pop), I'm afraid it could be too dark to my tables.

Leaning towards Cyan and Orange at at the moment (although my choice on the spreadsheet is still Cyan and Yellow).

The back design is also a push for me right now, Circle or Virgolone. Virgolone is my favorite and the only reason I haven't chosen it yet is because of the poker size decks available (allegedly) on that online store that should not be named due to its horrible customer service. Ugh, decisions! I love it though, so might change my vote.

It is fun thinking about all the choices we have though. Hopefully we can get to the minimum...

Here's a couple of pic of other decks with different shades of colors ion question:

Fournier Orange:

IMG_3939.jpeg

Desjgn Orange:

IMG_3873.jpeg

Angel Orange:

IMG_3961.jpeg

NTP Yellow:

IMG_4050.jpeg

Desjgn Yellow:

IMG_4004.jpeg

Design Cyan:

IMG_3980.jpeg

Ace Plus Violet:

IMG_4006.jpeg

Desjgn (in between Violet and Magenta to me):

IMG_3872.jpeg

Last edited:
The spreadsheet was looking wonky on my phone so I’m going to open it in a real browser later.

Is there a post that summarizes our available options or does the sheet itself do that?

Thank you all for coming together on this and xdan for running it.

I'm a little confused; are we only able to choose backs on the bridge sized decks? What kind of backs are on the poker size?

For me in a vacuum it'd be magenta > orange > violet to couple with cyan. Though cyan and orange would yield Dolphins colors, bleh.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom