Custom Poker Table Felt Thread (11 Viewers)

I want to send a HUGE thank you to both @T_Chan for building these amazing quality tables, and the felt printing is top notch! Personal delivery was a delightful bonus. Another HUGE thank you to @Johnny5 for his amazing artwork, with bonus points for being patient with all of my flip-flopping during the design development. Finally, special thanks to @slisk250, for letting me modify his table artwork for a Mel's table, to go with the Mel's chips he also let me copy. I loved Mike's design, and he was very generous to share it with me. THANK YOU!

Love my new tables. Let's play some cards!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

PhysicalInnocentInvisiblerail-small.gif

This site has killed me and my spending spree continues! Decided it was time for a new poker table. Got in touch with a custom table builder here in Melbourne, Australia and have ordered a table.

2700mm long by 1200mm wide. Can't recall rail height but it's the thicker of the two options, in a carbon fibre style weave. No cup holders, no dealer spot or dealer tray, just straight table.

Felt will be printed in the next week and table should be done by the end of November.

Current table has speed felt and I love the pattern, so I started with a similar one for this felt (like lots of the ones on here). I chose colours from their Pantone samples printed on the actual felt so the colours are much more similar (very, subtle) compared to the image file below.

Rail is 150mm wide and I added a betting line 200mm from the edge of the rail. Giving players a little more room for chips and cards.

Can't wait!

IMG_2053 2.jpeg

I wanted to see the print before he installed it. He’ll now start putting everything together.

Table will be finished next Friday. Complete pics to instantly follow once it’s delivered :)

It's not a Chanman cloth. Not sure of the name but the table builder has used it for ages and swears by it.

Can’t wait to see this my new Felt from Tony Chanman

Attachments

• 58984AC7-F5BF-4E0C-A42E-1D779185BE65.png
    58984AC7-F5BF-4E0C-A42E-1D779185BE65.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 244
Felt being scotch guarded. A bit of a delay. Now getting delivered next Saturday instead of today.

IMG_2162.jpeg

IMG_2157.jpeg

Last edited:
I know this isn’t the same as many people’s taste, and may be more of a 50-year-old’s perspective, but:

If I ever commission a custom felt, I will want it to be very subdued to reduce visual noise. Dark green on dark green, or dark gray on dark gray, or dark blue on dark blue, etc.

I don’t want players’ eyes “competing” with elaborate, jazzy, high-contrast patterns or letters or images; just want everyone to see the cards and chips clearly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom