Custom Poker Table Felt Thread

Coyote

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many thanks and official congrats to His All Craftiness @T_Chan for the superb felt:
ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0272.jpg

The table itself, one with folding legs, had the felt and foam appllied by a caprenter friend of mine, who also collared it with an oversized rail to extend its diameter from 120 to 128cm (47.5 to 50.5 in) and make it capable of accommodating 7 players. Really nice work, especially if you take into account that this was the first poker table that he saw, let alone built, in his life.:)
ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0269.jpg

Saint John Coltrane (pictured here as a Greek Orthodox saint, in a Byzantine-type icon) overseeing the games:D
ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0279.jpg

Notice the flames of his soul coming out of the sax.

Another nice element in the room
ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0287.jpg

And a picture I took and printed many years ago, of the Greek chapel of St Nicholas, just under one of the WTC towers
ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0288.jpg

Last edited:

slurpeee

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 'Trane painting is flat out amazing! Where did you find that? I love it! (Table looks good too BTW :) )

Coyote

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scanned it from a magazine and magnified it, then had it printed.
The magazine, if I remember well, claimed that the icon was the inspiration of some Coltrane fans from California, who hired an icon-maker to paint it. If I judge from the mis-spelled name Ioanis (correct is Ioannis with double -nn-) apparently the icon-maker wasn't Greek, but still interested enough in medieval Greek culture to become an icon-maker:)

Last edited:

davin

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMFG! My Chanman tables have arrived. They are so awesome!!!!!!!
Why did I wait so long to do this? Custom felts are the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mel they look awesome, I got a sneak peeeek and they look super good

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMFG! My Chanman tables have arrived. They are so awesome!!!!!!!
Why did I wait so long to do this? Custom felts are the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya, pics or it never happened....

Top Bottom