Custom Chips Resale (1 Viewer)

Do you Consider the Resale Value of your Customs When Designing Them

• NO

Votes: 55 91.7%
  • YES

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
I wouldn't care about value with CPC customs. For Paulson customs that are relabeled I do consider it because those would be easier to let go of since the label can be taken off for the next member if sold.

If you're worried about resale best to buy someon else's set. My customs are the last chips i would sell.
True, and sometimes you get lucky. My only complete custom set is the Blue Ridge Poker Room set, acquired from Mark Seitz while I lived in Virginia, and they have a huge personal appeal, even though I had nothing to do with their design.

Last edited:
True, and sometimes you get lucky. My only complete custom set is the Blue Ridge Poker Room set, acquired from Mark Seitz while I lived in Virginia, and they have a personal appeal, even though I had nothing to do with their design.

You mean these bad boys? Whole Sh** I can't believe he sold it. I would have grabbed it for sure.

BRTourney.jpg

You mean these bad boys? Whole Sh** I can't believe he sold it. I would have grabbed it for sure.
Just a STT set, maybe 1/4 - 1/3 of what's in the picture, not the entire set. And that was back in the CT days.

I'd have jumped at the whole set, too!

MGK, I think.

View media item 10795

Just a STT set, maybe 1/4 - 1/3 of what's in the picture, not the entire set. And that was back in the CT days.

I'd have jumped at the whole set, too!

MGK, I think.

View media item 10795
Definitely MGK. I could only tell from the initial photo that the mold had an outer ring, but couldn't see the distinct intricacies of which mold it was.

A nice set on the MGK mold and fully custom THC molded Paulsons would really be the only two sets missing from my collection (once I fully set forth my CPC plans) before achieving chip nirvana and giving me the peace of mind to truly walk away from this hobby. The former is very difficult and will likely get real expensive, real quick, and the latter may very well never happen at all. Looks like you're all stuck with me! :p

Don't think about resale value when making a custom set, but I did sell the first ASM/CPC set I ever made
Thought it would be the only set I would make, but that turned out to be far from life's reality and needed the $$ for new sets
They went to a good home, so no regrets

Resale value of custom sets is never going to be very good due to the customized nature of most sets and I wouldn't even consider resale cost when designing customs. As long as customs can still be ordered directly (ie: CPC) then nobody is going to pay an up charge price when they can just order their own customs. Of course if they are BCC, Pualsons or something that can't be bought retail anymore those will have more resale value in the secondary market if you choose to sell them later on.

However I have bought more than one custom set from an original owner (CPC's). Usually if it's a nicely designed set with good colors/spots that I like, they are usually priced at below cost of making a new set and can be either repurposed/labeled. When you figure in the total cost with relabeling (especially with you're dealing with some of the more higher level spot patterns from CPC) they can still come out much cheaper than ordering brand new as long as you are happy with the color/spot design & breakdown.

There are even a few custom sets out there that I would pay the full retail price for if they ever came up for sale, but those are very rare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom