Custom ceramics idea - I am no designer (1 Viewer)

been thinking about putting something like this on a chip, pulp fiction / kill bill (movie reference)

1640097428967.png

don't be afraid to PM Sixspeedfury and ask him to run a GB for the Matsui plaques!!!!

I like it, are you using CMYK colors? Not sure how close to those colors / gradient printers can get.

I have to say, I really like the 'skinny bitch' so much, I'd bet it would go over better with the set.

You could also do like a title chip for the set, if you do friday night games, have a like advert chip for friday, in the future if it changes no big deal.

1640624233400.png
1640624261438.png

1640624292117.png

Last edited:
Still all hypothetical, but no, i am using RGB atm.

However, if it ever happens, they'll be in the capable hands of Kristil @ABC Gifts and Awards , so I know I'll be looked after. And obviously, I'll get samples :p

I can't say enough about Kristil, she is amazing; I think her kindness is contagious, just a great person all round.

I also like your red 5 over the cute black fox on the smallest denom.

I'll also put in a good word for Kristil at ABC. I made my last chip design in Powerpoint, and she had no problem translating them to a usable format for printing, and the colors turned out absolutely on the money.

I'll also put in a good word for Kristil at ABC. I made my last chip design in Powerpoint, and she had no problem translating them to a usable format for printing, and the colors turned out absolutely on the money.
Had a quick question on the colors- I have sample chips of the Tiki Kings and DDLM's and the colors are very vibrant and lines are sharp. However I've seen some custom ceramics from there on here that look good- but doesn't have the vibrance or sharpness of those chips (it could have just been the design but the blacks/darker colors look a little washed out).

I know you can do proofs/samples with a design on ceramics, so it takes some of that out, but just curious if you have pictures of yours to take a look at?

Here you go.

Attachments

• 20210522_220648.jpg
    20210522_220648.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210522_220627.jpg
    20210522_220627.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20210422_124528.jpg
    20210422_124528.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 89
However I've seen some custom ceramics from there on here that look good- but doesn't have the vibrance or sharpness of those chips (it could have just been the design but the blacks/darker colors look a little washed out).
Sometimes a washed out black is because the designer used 100% black, but no values of C, M or Y.
In the print world, a rich black is used for larger areas where the value of CMYK is something like 60/40/40/100.
Rich black makes a big difference, and no "washed out" look.

Also, one reason some photos here on PCF may look a little washed out is that the lighting on the smooth ceramic chips/buttons can reflect in a way that they dont appear as they do in person.

They look great, excited for you. Let us know what your group thinks. What are picks for the rest of the set?

Did you ever do anything else with these designs? They are fabulous!

Did you ever do anything else with these designs? They are fabulous!
Nothing since the singles. I haven't even used them yet! I'll probably make some decisions over the next few weeks and grab the rest of the set. Despite not playing live poker for about 8 months :(

Nothing since the singles. I haven't even used them yet! I'll probably make some decisions over the next few weeks and grab the rest of the set. Despite not playing live poker for about 8 months :(
That’s probably mean lot of live poker soon, I stopped about a year of playing live poker due to covid to Once every 3 - 4 weeks to now playing weekly unless due to other commitments

That’s probably mean lot of live poker soon, I stopped about a year of playing live poker due to covid to Once every 3 - 4 weeks to now playing weekly unless due to other commitments

Alas, I think our group has fractured beyond repair. I barely know anybody that plays poker anymore. In our hayday we had multiple tables running, played weekly for years. Now, everybody has lost interest and we're lucky to get a 5-6 handed game twice a year. I just have no idea how to find people interested in playing. Online is fun and profitable but I really miss playing live. There's nothing like it.

Alas, I think our group has fractured beyond repair. I barely know anybody that plays poker anymore. In our hayday we had multiple tables running, played weekly for years. Now, everybody has lost interest and we're lucky to get a 5-6 handed game twice a year. I just have no idea how to find people interested in playing. Online is fun and profitable but I really miss playing live. There's nothing like it.
You're in Essex? If you want to come join The Wasp's Nest, let me know. Sadly I only run games every couple of months now, but always keen to get new players involved, especially from PCF. I'm in Hertfordshire (Welwyn).

Well, that was easy! What kinda games/stakes do you play? Is it your own friend group or randoms or a mix? Can you send me deets?

Thanks!

I end up with 2 group (1 group that is more interested in playing poker) as I find similar problem with the group before covid, a lot of thing change over 1-2 years like getting married got kids got other hobby pick up etc

The OG group are mostly casual Low stake soplaying poker is just the excuse to gather and chitchat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom