Custom Ceramic design "The Pen" (1 Viewer)

I hope you don't mind me saying, but i prefer these as ceramics. Going clay i think a black or white background, same for all the chips, would look better. Maybe some color matchning elements, but not the entire background. Also, the asymethrics of the guard tower and even more so the beam from the search light works great on a full face ceramic as that is the entire "canvas", so to speak. Using the same image as a label on a clay chip i'm not so sure, as something new starts over again with the clay and edgespots whereas on a ceramic it was the end of the image. So if you're going clay instead, i think starting over might be a good idea. You can still use the same elements, like the guard tower and so, but that's just my opinion. In the end, you should get what you want yourself.
Obviously if I decided to go clay there would be elements that would be changed. It's possible I could just get the spots and colors mocked for an inlay later on. It's still very possible these end up as ceramics I'm just exploring options.

All I did for an inlay was cut out the chip face that Tim mocked up.

Huzzah! They finally arrived! I will take some better pics once I get time. I just hadn't had a chance to use my new racker stackers yet and thought this would be a good chance! Thanks again to @timinater for the design. My only complaint was with the 1k chip it was supposed to be a brighter orange and it didn't quite turn out right. Not sure if it was a manufacturer issue or if it was just me picking the wrong color. These pics make the pink quarters and 5s in the cash set look like they could be confused but in person they are very different. Must just be a lighting issue.

20200506_164333.jpg

20200506_164337.jpg

20200506_164345.jpg

20200506_170233.jpg

20200506_170239.jpg

Very cool, turned out great. Damn, that's a lot of chips tho... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You shall register the chips in the 2020 custom contest !
They turned great. Who made them ?
Congratz !

Very cool, turned out great. Damn, that's a lot of chips tho... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
They're not all mine. Several people from work ordered sets as well. The tourney set is large for sure, enough for a full 40 man tourney with rebuys. Wish shipping from China being so high I figured it better to order too many than not enough.

You shall register the chips in the 2020 custom contest !
They turned great. Who made them ?
Congratz !
The same manufacturer who made the Scrub Donkey chips. I loved the matte rolling edge and I couldn't get that anywhere else at the time. Now that I have them I can't help but think about the next step. I'm going to HAVE to make a CPC set of these eventually. Obviously the design will have to be changed for a clay chip as was discussed previously in this thread but I'm going to have to make it happen. These are great chips for what they are. They were cheap and I could load up on them for if we ever get to start having big tourneys again and I have so many I don't have to worry about broken or lost chips. Plus I had so many people I work with who were wanting them and they're not exactly keen to CPC pricing. These were perfect for their budgets.

Few better pics. Closer images. Wanted to show the cash $100 chip. It's black with a blue rolling edge ( nod to the thin blue line). Turned out awesome. I wish I was a better photographer.

Tourney Lineup with Bounty (purple 500 is my absolute favorite)
20200607_201538.jpg

20200607_201613.jpg

20200607_201711.jpg

Cash Lineup with the 'Thin Blue Line' $100
20200607_202004.jpg

20200607_202038.jpg

20200607_202119.jpg

20200607_202147.jpg

Edit- I'll be shipping sample sets to a few of you lovely people who helped me finalizing the design. @timinater you are the man. I can't wait to have you design something else for me!

Few better pics. Closer images. Wanted to show the cash $100 chip. It's black with a blue rolling edge ( nod to the thin blue line). Turned out awesome. I wish I was a better photographer.

Tourney Lineup with Bounty (purple 500 is my absolute favorite)
View attachment 472392
View attachment 472393
View attachment 472394

Cash Lineup with the 'Thin Blue Line' $100
View attachment 472395
View attachment 472396
View attachment 472397
View attachment 472398

Edit- I'll be shipping sample sets to a few of you lovely people who helped me finalizing the design. @timinater you are the man. I can't wait to have you design something else for me!
The colors turned out great together!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom