Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (9 Viewers)

I only have exp. with SunFly. I used to start the first spot at the very begining of the edge strip. I never had an issue doing that.
You can also center all spots with the edge strip or even start at an arbitrary point (that's what I did for the ACF as I created spot imperfections, I could not start from the very begining).

In the end what is important is to have everything perfectly on scale.

I'd personnally not split a spot in two on the design though. It'll make it a little bit more complex for the printer I think.

coconutsmontage.png

Hey everyone FYI this will be a US/CANADA group buy, when it comes to other countries I can't do it this time and that @LeGold has shared that he will be able to help next time with shipping to some European and European surrounding countries.

On this group buy from Tina -
Tina LUO2020-08-03 03:52

"we do not want to made any mistake for these orders. we will made samples one by one to confirm and then mass production. "

We only need 13 more members on art. We are cooking here!

Oh dear lawd, YAS! You uh, you saw my note on samples right?

@Eloe2000 I saw these and immediately thought of you. You need to plant some more fruit trees in the backyard so you can make some more custom sets.

Haha, and coincidentally I think I just decided to another Casa Mango inlay on this set!

When looking at my design, I start to fear that under low light, the 100 and 500 base color choice might not be ideal.

What do you think ?

To be safe, I switched the base color of the 500 with the spot color of the 5000.

Before :

jd_all-png.500989

After :

JD_All.png

Additional questions :

What's the dimensions of the dealer buttons (diameter and thickness) ?
Are they min. order quantity for the dealer buttons too ?

Last edited:
They still have a similar purple feel. Maybe make the 5k a light blue base.

I think the pink 5000 and light purple 5000 will be OK and won't be mixed.
My fear was the base color of the 100 and the base color of the 500 that could be too close in low light.

On this group buy from Tina -
Tina LUO2020-08-03 03:52

"we do not want to made any mistake for these orders. we will made samples one by one to confirm and then mass production. "

I have to say that I’ve been fairly impressed so far with all the responses/interactions/processes you have shared regarding this vendor. Thanks again for taking the lead on this.

So, art - not that I'd call this art per se. Nonetheless, I've finally concluded that I like this well enough to share. @SeanGecko , am I mailing an .svg to you?

View attachment 501950

Not trying to dump on your design; however, I'd be concerned though about too much blue/grey in the set.

Inlay art is VERY cool though. :D

Last edited:
I would advise against splitting spots on your rolling edge artwork.
I agree. I’d rather any imperfections or misalignment be on the base colour where the area is larger and less of a focal point than a spot.

On all of the aces artwork he split the edges like that, and I’m not sure why it was done that way. Just seems like more work for no reason on the front end, and may or may not be more work aligning for the printers.

Many of you know me as a sample collector, and a somewhat vicious one at that, but there's also quite a few people in this awesome GB that I haven't interacted with before.

I've privately reached out to one or two folks asking if I might purchase a sample of their design, but I'd like to say here that if you're willing to sell a sample, please keep me in mind!

Some of these have just been amazeballs, and much like I did when we had a large influx of CC 8vs, I'd love to get a ton of these all together for a Cards Mold customs display.

Totally understand for those that don't like to share or sell custom samples, but if you don't mind, let's get those beauties displayed!

Thanks,
Jeff (Barrie)
Yes, I've been thinking that maybe we need a "Samples" thread for this group buy. Or we could use the already existing Artwork thread where supposedly all finished artwork is to be posted. I'd be willing to do the tracking and number crunching if y'all would like me to. Unless @SeanGecko would prefer to have it added to his tracking schedule. We may want to get this going before order numbers need to be absolutely finalized in case some of these sets get a lot more interest than the owner had allowed for originally. I have about 8 sample sets built in to my numbers based on plans to gift one to Tim and one to Sean, plus a couple of other inquiries that I received.

Yes, I've been thinking that maybe we need a "Samples" thread for this group buy. Or we could use the already existing Artwork thread where supposedly all finished artwork is to be posted. I'd be willing to do the tracking and number crunching if y'all would like me to. Unless @SeanGecko would prefer to have it added to his tracking schedule. We may want to get this going before order numbers need to be absolutely finalized in case some of these sets get a lot more interest than the owner had allowed for originally. I have about 8 sample sets built in to my numbers based on plans to gift one to Tim and one to Sean, plus a couple of other inquiries that I received.
I am not messing with the samples. Over 50,000 chips. Samples are going to need to be sent out after I ship it out to the OG buyer.

Edit: I think I would fail at it is why.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom