Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (11 Viewers)

First, chips seem good and I certainly get that the price is very good. So this is not me crapping on this gb. But "legit" ... i don't know... They don't seem all that concerned about copyrights and from what has been said in other threads, they won't think twice from producing your design for another client.

I may have a regular in my local that's interested in a set at that price point. Following.

Sorry guys, I don't know much about how these chip group buys work. Are you saying if I can get a fully custom chipset for .30 per chip? Or do we mean that everyone would have to agree on the colors/edgespots and it's just the center artwork that would be custom? Thanks.

Sorry guys, I don't know much about how these chip group buys work. Are you saying if I can get a fully custom chipset for .30 per chip? Or do we mean that everyone would have to agree on the colors/edgespots and it's just the center artwork that would be custom? Thanks.
With this particular one just need your art and your quantity. Art in AI preferably.
This would be a slower process because I am waiting on others to get their art done.

Samples getting sent out Tuesday
IMG_20200621_200206232.jpg

I think Rene was just curious as I was. They look exactly like a chip sunfly offers
I may have misunderstood his comment. If so I apologize. It sounded to me like he was implying we were suggesting the group send off a few thousand dollars to "some guy" to make chips for us without vetting them. I just wanted everyone to understand this is not some fly by night individual that PCF has no history with.

With regards to the fact that these chips look very much like chips sold by Sun-fly, I have no idea who, if anyone, owns a copyright on this design. For all we know Sun-Fly might be infringing on their copyright. But most likely both are free to manufacture chips with this mold design, otherwise I imagine we would have heard something from Sun-Fly since PCF also has a relationship with them, and these "cards mold" chips have been displayed in various threads on here for several months or more.

Not sure the situations. I saw a custom product I liked and have been wanting for over a decade at a price I could afford. Now, I am trying to get it so ten or so can do the same thing and save some cash in the process.
They came out soooo good. The yellow really pops in person.

Last edited:
With regards to the fact that these chips look very much like chips sold by Sun-fly, I have no idea who, if anyone, owns a copyright on this design.
I suspect that one of four situations is in play with these cards mold ceramic blanks:
  • Sun-Fly produces the blanks and sells them to the Alibaba vendor (unlikely; according to @Marhault, the vendor says they are not Sun-Fly blanks)
  • The Alibaba vendor produces the blanks and sells them to Sun-Fly (unlikely, for the same reason)
  • A third vendor manufactures the blanks, and sells them to both Sun-Fly and the Alibaba vendor (plausible)
  • Sun-Fly produces the blanks for their own use, and the Alibaba vendor has pirated the design and makes their own clone copies (plausible)
They will even do a custom mold
Curious as to what the actual cost is for a custom mold from the vendor. Sun-Fly charges $4000.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom