Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (6 Viewers)

We had a draft going. Always up for finishing it up or changing whatever he wants when he’s ready

1602952588017.png

I think he’s talking about the “NCV” getting cut off by the engraved circle on the chip face. Looks like the inlay area was sized a bit too large.

The print quality of the photo was indeed impressive, though.
Yup exactly. If I can resize it and send it off that would be really great, but if not I’ll somehow live haha

Just a heads up. Cut card group buy about to kick off. Start working on your artwork now or get in touch with your designer. Probably a 3 week ordering window. AI or print ready PDF files only. Poker size is 2.5"x 3.5" and bridge size is 2.25" x 3.5". Probably 30 or 40 card order minimum per size.

is it 30 or 40 cut cards per design?

Last edited:
Just a heads up. Cut card group buy about to kick off. Start working on your artwork now or get in touch with your designer. Probably a 3 week ordering window. AI or print ready PDF files only. Poker size is 2.5"x 3.5" and bridge size is 2.25" x 3.5". Probably 30 or 40 card order minimum per size.
Cost?

Just a heads up. Cut card group buy about to kick off. Start working on your artwork now or get in touch with your designer. Probably a 3 week ordering window. AI or print ready PDF files only. Poker size is 2.5"x 3.5" and bridge size is 2.25" x 3.5". Probably 40 card order minimum per size.
You won the DB with the donkeys, based on overall feedback.

Let’s gooooo cutcards!

Oh and for everyone else, thanks for letting me buy your DBs, I’m in for your cutcards too!

I am just taking the torch from MatB. Details may change slightly but here is a past group buy for the same cut cards... https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-cut-card-interest-thread-round-5.45761/#post-852268

But to be clear, this is a group by to obtain low pricing on cut cards for yourself similar to this chip group buy. However, I will NOT be offering up the designs publicly for mixing and matching and purchasing other people’s cards like Himewad’s desert button group buy. You order your own cards and distribute as you wish yourself.

Per design per size (although the two sides of a cut card can be different). So if you have two different designs and want each design in both poker and bridge size it would be 120-160min for your order. Tentatively.

Ballpark $1.50/card

Last edited:
Random question, but has anyone got a photo or two from Tina of the New they are having printed, please? Just want to compare a few things to mine, print wise.

Slight update. MOQ will be more like 20 cards per design but I forgot there is a $10 art charge per design from the supplier. Otherwise approx $1.50 per card cost.

Again, updates to follow. Pricing updates expected from producer.

Last edited:
Four colors per wheel would be a great compromise. I think eight is just too much to get a good feel for a color.
Would it be a dumb idea to put 4 colors on one side and 4 different colors (completely different color group) on the other side?

Would it be a dumb idea to put 4 colors on one side and 4 different colors (completely different color group) on the other side?
Only issue would be that you wouldn't be able to compare colors side-by-side if those colors were on opposite sides of the same chip.

PUMPED!!! I've been asking around about cut cards for months. Guess I just didn't ask the right person. I almost posted a thread last week, then got busy. I am 100% in so please post here or tag me.

Only issue would be that you wouldn't be able to compare colors side-by-side if those colors were on opposite sides of the same chip.
That's why I said completely different color groups. So you wouldn't put some greens on one side and other greens on the other side. But if you had greens on one side and black/grey or reds on the other, that would be ok wouldn't it?

That's why I said completely different color groups. So you wouldn't put some greens on one side and other greens on the other side. But if you had greens on one side and black/grey or reds on the other, that would be ok wouldn't it?
Tough to say. Maybe there is a way to make it work. I like the idea of trying to cut the cost by 50%, though!

No mater how you slice it, you'll end up with colors that can't be used together for comparison purposes. Sorta defeats the whole purpose.

OK, got it. This is a Pantone list. But has anyone here had any conversations with Tina & co. about the specific Pantone colors available?

Does anyone here, other than Sean, already have a line of communication open with Tina and want to help me figure this out? If I can get an understanding of what Pantone colors are available (do they have a list of Pantone names/codes they can print?), I can design these color wheels and I will pay for and order the sample chip sets and then reship a set number of sets. For the chip sets I designed for GB#1 I just used Bosco's wheels which for the most part seemed fine (there is just a yellow, orange, purple, and pink I feel are missing plus I would also like to designate a gold and silver color as well), so at a minimum even these would be decent samples.

If anyone can help out on the first communication part I can run with with it.

View attachment 554580
Rest assured what's achievable with 6C is way more than the 72 on those chips, to the point I wouldn't bother limiting yourself like that.

I would just stick with using pantones. They have been quite accurate, from what I can tell. Print off some samples chips of tricky colours if you like (anything in the yellow/green area) and go from there.

I'll compare samples against what I've got in my pantone book once my samples start to arrive, but this would be the best way to go to get predictable colours, though it ain't cheap.

Rest assured what's achievable with 6C is way more than the 72 on those chips, to the point I wouldn't bother limiting yourself like that.

I would just stick with using pantones. They have been quite accurate, from what I can tell. Print off some samples chips of tricky colours if you like (anything in the yellow/green area) and go from there.

I'll compare samples against what I've got in my pantone book once my samples start to arrive, but this would be the best way to go to get predictable colours, though it ain't cheap.

Yeah I was initially confused about all of the color ‘restrictions’ early on in the group buy. Regardless, I think it is productive to see the colors in real life printed on the actual material/chips. It definitely helps visualization. At a minimum I plan to order color sample chips based off the Bosco color wheels and adding a couple colors where I see gaps. Something like 25 chips with 4 colors per chip.

Last edited:
@SeanGecko, just curious, for the designs with multiple orders (Ie. Viva el Donkey: @BarrieJ3 ,@K ALL IN 9, and myself), are these being produced in a large batch or when our individual orders (with our other sets) are in the production queue?

Thanks!
I believe it depends on whether people:

a) didn't want to wait for prototypes, and wanted to go straight into production
b) have seen prototypes, but wanted to make revisions
c) have seen prototypes, and approved it for production

I was confused about my "Nuts" chip set, as well, because I saw pictures of chips that had already been produced, but I knew that I wanted to see the prototypes first. I think it was because the person who piggybacked on my chip set was in the "a" category, but I was in the "b" category.

That's my long-winded way of saying the same chip set could be produced at different times.

I believe it depends on whether people:

a) didn't want to wait for prototypes, and wanted to go straight into production
b) have seen prototypes, but wanted to make revisions
c) have seen prototypes, and approved it for production

I was confused about my "Nuts" chip set, as well, because I saw pictures of chips that had already been produced, but I knew that I wanted to see the prototypes first. I think it was because the person who piggybacked on my chip set was in the "a" category, but I was in the "b" category.

That's my long-winded way of saying the same chip set could be produced at different times.
I'm not sure that's exactly the case.
I'm firmly in the camp that wants to see samples before going to production.
No idea why they would produce my The Nuts chips before yours. Seems like that works produce all of them at the same time.
Maybe they are?

I'm not sure that's exactly the case.
I'm firmly in the camp that wants to see samples before going to production.
No idea why they would produce my The Nuts chips before yours. Seems like that works produce all of them at the same time.
Maybe they are?
I don't know, to be honest. I just know that a TON of people were getting anxious, so they made the decision to proceed without seeing prototypes.

I don't know, to be honest. I just know that a TON of people were getting anxious, so they made the decision to proceed without seeing prototypes.

I led the charge on going to production without prototypes.

My motivation for this wasn't anxiety, it was to make things a bit easier for Sean and Tina. Juggling 40+ designs and 70k order size is probably stressful. I figured any measures that I could take on an individual level to simplify the process should be taken. It's not much but I figured anything to take off Sean's plate may be helpful.

Can't speak for the motivation of others who volunteered to forgo prototypes. But my guess is they saw how the first run of designs turned out great so that likely quelled any concerns.

I figured at 30¢ per chip, I can get in on a future GB if I want something tweaked. To me this falls to the price point of beggars can't be choosers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom