Which set is

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Machine

Full House
Supporter
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I am considering a small CPC set, and I was looking for feedback on these variations

.25 / 1 / 5

Please let me know if there is something you think would work better, or FLAME a line up because its soo bad!

I plan to use plaques for 20s and 100s, hopefully the Presidential Matsui's.

1 -
AltCal.png

2 -
Cali.png

3 -
Caliv2.png

4 -
Caliv3.png

5 -
OddBall.png

Last edited:
Like a blue?

OddBallv1.png

I love that charcoal chip. That’s a winner.

The more I look at my DG Yellow chip, the more I regret not going DG Arc Yellow or DG Peach.

If you swap DG pink and DG yellow, you’d have a CA cousin scheme and some spot progression. Plus that L8 chip is $$$.

There’s a lot of blue in post 3 above. I’m ok with it if you’re OK.

The more I look at my DG Yellow chip, the more I regret not going DG Arc Yellow or DG Peach.

If you swap DG pink and DG yellow, you’d have a CA cousin scheme and some spot progression. Plus that L8 chip is $$$.

Same here, I haven’t dared mocking up my set with an arc yellow 5 instead of the dg yellow. Ignorance is bliss

Like this?

OddBallv4.png

Same here, I haven’t dared mocking up my set with an arc yellow 5 instead of the dg yellow. Ignorance is bliss
You're saying arc yellow > dg yellow on the 5?

I don't think I like the frac on this, maybe a green frac?
OddBallv5.png

I think arc yellow is a better color than dg yellow. Whether it’s a better color in a given set isn’t necessarily true though. I spent a lot of time going back and forth between canary and dg yellow and never even considered arc yellow. Don’t know if it would have been better but I should have at least thought about it

Here we go, is this too much blue?

OddBallv5.png

Attachments

• OddBallv5.png
    OddBallv5.png
    206 KB · Views: 73
Hit that DG Yellow with DG Pink instead of white and it will be a lot better.

That said, do you have a color sample? It's needed if you're placing an order.

Edit - You just edited it but I think your update has too much blue.
I have a few samples, I wanted to get a direction first. I love the scrown mold, but its hard to ignore the ad populum vote of CSQ. I plan to samples molds and more colors but wanted to know what to target first. I'm a little hard of hearing so I sound will likely be at the bottom of my priority list, mold and color will top it.

I do love the dg yellow and db pink fracs

OddBallv6.png

I think I like the DG Peach better
OddBallv7.png

I think I like this setup the best
Leader.png

Last edited:
First pic here is DG peach and Canary. The chip in the middle of the second pic is DG Arc Yellow with DG Yellow edge spots if you don’t have these color samples. Just to give you an idea.
View attachment 858363View attachment 858364
Thank you so much that is really helpful!

So then which edge spots?

I'm not sure about the 4T (too new to see the level on the CPC site) vs the 4D14 (L9? I think its an L8 when its two colors) Anyone know?

Cali5Spots.png

You're saying arc yellow > dg yellow on the 5?

I don't think I like the frac on this, maybe a green frac?
View attachment 858254
This order of colors, yes.

You could have a hip Cali set with

25¢: pinks/lavenders/reds (although your peach works well with DG yellow as the $5)
$1: charcoal
$5: yellows/peach (although I’m biased against DG yellow)

I think if that charcoal is your centerpiece, then I would consider colors that work well with it. So far, it looks like you’re there. Blurple might be a bit too punchy, but I haven’t looked at my sample set to see how it works in real life.

Last edited:
This order of colors, yes.

You could have a hip Cali set with

25¢: pinks/lavenders/reds (although your peach works well with DG yellow as the $5)
$1: charcoal
$5: yellows/peach (although I’m biased against DG yellow)

I think if that charcoal is your centerpiece, then I would consider colors that work well with it. So far, it looks like you’re there. Blurple might be a bit too punchy, but I haven’t looked at my sample set to see how it works in real life.

Yeah I think I'm back to the fakeshore, why against the DG yellow?

LeaderPrimary.png

I'm having a hard time with the emotional appeal of balance with the charcoal chip.

thoughts?

NewLeader.png

Which variant?

Variance.png

I can't find 3A12 in the design tool

Inserts.jpg

NewLeader99.png

LineUp10.png

I've landed here, might do a dg peach, will have to wait for samples
I think this would be my alt

LineUp6.png

If you haven’t run the numbers, that L8 cog scrown quarter is $5.15/chip, $1.88/chip more than the L4 dollar next to it. Not saying don’t do it, just seems odd to spend that much on a quarter, as lovely as it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom