First CPC set feedback or suggestions (1 Viewer)

Legrandbes

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am considering a CPC set, and I was looking for some quick feedback/impressions on these variations before I place an order:

0.25 / 1 / 5 / 25 / 100

Mostly concerned about the colors and edge spots.

Thank you!

4d7e3d79-041b-4a78-a4cb-a6e90ba27a05.png

We always ask… do you have a physical color sample set in person? The colors looks slightly different in real life.

• Personally I would use Imperial Blue instead of Blue as the base $1. The color pops a bit more especially against those spot colors.
  • You use DG Arc Yellow on 4 consecutive chips. I would generally recommend switching it up a bit more. At a bare minimum I would use DG Peach on the $25 to break that up. But if it were me I would do DG Peach on the $5, keep the DG Arc Yellow on the $100 (or vice Versa) and completely swap out the color for something else on the $25 (Butterscotch or perhaps work with some lavenders or purples)
  • The spot pattern on the quarter is going to be rather expensive. I would potentially consider a simpler spot pattern .

I know you’re focusing on colors and spots, but get mold samples before you buy. You mocked up hourglass mold…I’m sure there are fans of this mold. I’ve played with a set of them and I prefer the feel of other molds more…but it’s all a matter of taste. Make sure you scope that out before you spend a ton of money.

You will have dirty stack issues between the 25 and 100 chips. Both have a dark base color with shared spot colors. You'll be asking for problems imo.

If you care about spot progression, find a new spot for the frac. If you don't care, and you are happy with it, then rock n roll.

The only chip that I really like is the five.

I agree with @Jeff about the hour glass mold. Meh....

You've already got some great advice - get colour samples and also get mold samples.

My thoughts:

1, Take your time. Do not rush into a CPC order - you'll have to wait for production anyway so it may be worth finding out from them when the cut-off date for your chosen mold is to give you a timeline. It can be up to year depending on the mold.

2, You have a level 10 quarter and a level 11 $25. Those are gonna be the highest priced chips in your set so make sure you really love the design before committing.

3, You've mocked yourself up a set of chips that are "inspired by" existing ones. CPC is the only place where you can get your own personalized custom creations - why miss the opportunity to have something that's unique to you?

1661784473799.png

Last edited:
Ever hear the adage 'measure twice, cut once'?

With CPCs its measure 547853169974322 times, cut once.

Meaning take your time to get it right. Step away from your mock ups, do you still love them after a few days? Weeks? Months?

Adjust, tinker, and experiment. Never go with the very 1st set you come up with.

3, You've mocked yourself up a set of chips that are "inspired by" existing ones. CPC is the only place where you can get your own personalized custom creations - why miss the opportunity to have something that's unique to you?
I was going to write pretty much the same message as you Darson. So I just add the missing chip reagrding the inspiration.

1661786120221.png
1661786145222.png

Attachments

• 1661785791731.png
    1661785791731.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 38
I would add as my only advice, that of considering with importance the aforementioned remarks and advice. Even if an opinion may seem futile or relative, you risk coming to it yourself as part of your own chipper journey. I speak here from experience. I personally neglected certain opinions (however common here) before ending up adopting them myself in the times that followed...

Otherwise, regardless of originality, your mockup is cool. And then there just aren't enough clay chips in Switzerland! We definitively need moar of them!

P.s.: If you organize games and there are still one or more free places, do not hesitate to contact me! :)

Also, the edge spot progression is another thing worth thinking about. Ik not everyone cares about how the edge spots progress, but if you do care about that, both the 0.25 and the 25 seem to be somewhat out of place.

That aside, best of luck with designing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom