CPC General discussion thread (9 Viewers)

Certainly all appear to be L1 CPC chips. Can’t tell if they’ve just ordered blanks and applied their own labels or if they’re inlaid.

My guess would be they’re simply buying CPC chips in bulk at a potentially reduced rate, or just selling them at thin margins under their own name. L1 inlaid chips are less than $2.00 from CPC if I recall correctly.

@David Spragg might be able to shed more light on the matter.

Those chips were made for Dal Negro 20 years ago. They must have recently dumped them.

I have a habit of adjusting my invoices a few times before chips get made...so why not do it again?

To celebrate the end of 2019 I figure I'd make my 19th CPC order...check your email David...and relax, nothing crazy in this one...just moar chipes. :wow:
cpc invoices.JPG

I have a habit of adjusting my invoices a few times before chips get made...so why not do it again?

To celebrate the end of 2019 I figure I'd make my 19th CPC order...check your email David...and relax, nothing crazy in this one...just moar chipes. :wow:
View attachment 383629

You’re a true chipper... :tup:

I can’t wait till see what you come up with this time.

Dear PCF,

I am looking to buy an Atlantic Club Cash Set from CPC and would like to ask this really dumb question. I use to own a set of WTHC chip set and i realized they look so similar as if it was a replica of the latter. How does a CPC chip feel like in comparison to the Paulsons? is it similar in texture?

Dear PCF,

I am looking to buy an Atlantic Club Cash Set from CPC and would like to ask this really dumb question. I use to own a set of WTHC chip set and i realized they look so similar as if it was a replica of the latter. How does a CPC chip feel like in comparison to the Paulsons? is it similar in texture?

No

Dear PCF,

Get samples before you buy ANYTHING.

Dear PCF,

CPC has a "harder" feel than Paulsons, but when comparing Paulsons to everything, CPC is the closest.

But not the same.

Well... maybe TRK is closer, but unless you have a time machine....

Random question... I see on the website the minimum order for custom chips are 100, but I see a lot of people on here with custom sets that have a barrel. Are there options for orders of 20? Apologies if this is a silly question, new to the custom chip game.

Random question... I see on the website the minimum order for custom chips are 100, but I see a lot of people on here with custom sets that have a barrel. Are there options for orders of 20? Apologies if this is a silly question, new to the custom chip game.
It’s one unique chip style/denom per 100 chips ordered. You can order a chip set of 600 chips and break it down like 100/200/200/60/20 with room left over for a sixth denomination or style (such as a rebuy, bounty, or just a fun, collectible NCV denom).

Question for @David Spragg or the collective group on colors. I bought an inlaid scrown sample direct from CPC last year, but given a purchase wasn’t imminent, I passed them on to someone else that could use them. Before getting rid of them, I picked up a sample that was likely at least 2-3 years old, matched them up to mark them. For some of the colors, I found the difference between them to be noticeable. The scrown chips looked brighter/glossier than the older A Mold. What I am trying to determine is, how much of the difference is the mold (scrown vs A mold) and how much is the aging of the older sample (or other factors I am not considering). I did not oil either set which I know also is another major variable. Both were as I received them. I have included a picture below as an example.

I will hopefully be placing an order on CSQ later this year. I am just trying to get a best sense of what colors would look like for my order.

Any advice/comments from your experience would be appreciated.
54DC0010-8AEA-45CE-8685-7D1F75DF9EBA.jpeg
4A59BAAE-C38F-44A1-8BC1-40AD6F249759.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom