CPC General discussion thread (9 Viewers)

Two questions, pardon if there is an FAQ thread somewhere, I did not look around.

Concerning minimum orders, if I order 400 chips from CPC with 4 unique designs may I get them made in uneven quantities? For instance 150 of one chip, 50 of another? Or do 100 of each design need to be made?

Concerning inlays, are there additional fees for using different art on either side of the chip? I have not given this much thought yet but would probably not spend extra on this sort of flare.

Thanks.
They normally allow 1 design for every hundred ordered(400 chips, 4 designs) and allow mixed breakdowns.

You can do different art on each side. I've never been charged more, as long as your not going too wild. My set coming has black inlays on one side, and Tan on the other.

Concerning minimum orders, if I order 400 chips from CPC with 4 unique designs may I get them made in uneven quantities? For instance 150 of one chip, 50 of another? Or do 100 of each design need to be made?

They'll allow differing amounts. For example, my 900 chip scrown order has 7 different denoms. 200 of them are $1's... 20 of them are $100's.

Two questions, pardon if there is an FAQ thread somewhere, I did not look around.

Concerning inlays, are there additional fees for using different art on either side of the chip? I have not given this much thought yet but would probably not spend extra on this sort of flare.

Thanks.

I would have to go back to my receipt, but I believe I ordered just 60 of my top-end chip.

40 for me, and 20 for sample sets. Don't forget extras for sample sets, extras for possible future growth of your group, and extras for possible loss or breakage. People will reimburse you for samples. Loss/breakage/growth... that's on you.

Last edited:

Minimum quantity is 20 of any individual design. The order must average at least 100 chips per design (on a 400 chip order, you could theoretically get 20 each of three designs and 340 of the fourth design, although that would be a strange breakdown LOL)

I know there was a jockey run coming up...what’s the cutoff date for paid orders?

Is my observation correct in that Large Crown and FDL are the only CPC molds with a smooth inlay surface?

Also, any idea on why the Poker Chip Design Tool always complains about the inlay compatibility when FDL is selected, no matter what inlay size I choose?

My set coming has black inlays on one side, and Tan on the other.

I take it you don't have OCD... Must be nice. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Why isn’t it called OCO, obsessive compulsive ordering?

Having two different color labels wouldn’t bother me, however if they weren’t all facing the same way in the rack......

and sometimes the order is there, you are just not looking at it from the right perspective. One of my favorite Hillerman quotes, from “Coyote Waits“
“From where we stand the rain seems random. Maybe if we could stand somewhere else, we would see the order in it.”
There’s a life lesson in there somewhere.

Is my observation correct in that Large Crown and FDL are the only CPC molds with a smooth inlay surface?

Also, any idea on why the Poker Chip Design Tool always complains about the inlay compatibility when FDL is selected, no matter what inlay size I choose?
Small crowns are also smooth

Design tool won't complain about inlay size with FDL if you select 1 1/16" round.
Ah, true. Still a bit weird, I would have thought than a smaller inlay wouldn't be a problem if there is plenty of space.

Small crowns are also smooth
Not really, at least not the 2 samples I have. Maybe smoother than some other surfaces, but still not perfectly flat (you can see the difference if you compare the surface in the cavities compared to the rest of the chip).

Ah, true. Still a bit weird, I would have thought than a smaller inlay wouldn't be a problem if there is plenty of space.

Not really, at least not the 2 samples I have. Maybe smoother than some other surfaces, but still not perfectly flat (you can see the difference if you compare the surface in the cavities compared to the rest of the chip).
There's a note at the top of their Molds page that says "Please note the FDL & 44mm A-Crest molds produce chips with smooth inlays. All other molds produce textured inlays." That note has been there since before the crown molds were revived, so maybe it needs to be updated to include L Crown.

Are you talking the smoothness of the inlay itself, or the smoothness of where the inlay edge meets the chip?

If the latter I can attest that it’s close to perfect smoothness, having received my scrown order just last week.

Other molds like “A” have a noticeable transition from inlay to chip face; so much so that it seems I can almost get a fingernail into the spot and start digging the inlay out... not that I’d do any such heinous thing... ;)

Are you talking the smoothness of the inlay itself, or the smoothness of where the inlay edge meets the chip?
I'm thinking of the whole surface where the inlay is placed. The reason it is of interest to me is for engraving and painting (as a possible alternative to hot stamps which I'd like to test). Smoothness is important when removing the excessive paint from the surface.

Anybody else having issues with the chip design tool? It's not letting me access any of my saved mock-ups across any of my devices or browsers...it appears that I’ve permanently lost the 40-50mocks of sets I’d created over 4 years :dead:

Anybody else having issues with the chip design tool? It's not letting me access any of my saved mock-ups across any of my devices or browsers...it appears that I’ve permanently lost the 40-50mocks of sets I’d created over 4 years :dead:
1583259195709.gif

Ugh, please tell me I didn't lose mine.

Edit: Mine are still there. I did have something similar happen at one point but somehow I got them back. I hope the best.

Works fine on my iPhone safari.

Works for me (TM). Hope it's nothing serious, sounds like a real bummer to lose so much work :/

Working fine for me on PC.

did you clear your cookies or anything?

I'm not allowed to check. When I do, money magically disappears.

Hmmmmm.........Only 40 to 50 mock ups? Size does matter when were talking mock ups. I think I have that many of bourbon QP chips alone lol.

Yes, I'm having issues with it since yesterday. Didn't try earlier than that recently.
Can still access and load my saved designs, but cannot save any - neither new nor overwrite existing. Deleting also fails.

Appears like the current issues with the design tool are not a client-side problem.
Traced the network requests when trying to save a set. Request to GetUserData.php works as expected, near immediate answer. The following request to SaveUserData.php however results in a timeout after ~14 seconds. Smells like a server-side problem, although I could only take wild guesses on the why.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom