CPC General discussion thread (8 Viewers)

1 question that has bugged me for a while.

why is it that red has no Bright red / day glow/ flame red??? 3 basic old school reds .\
and why is it that the yellow is very dark (unless you go day glow?)

blue has 6 colors 7if you count blurple.
orange 5
green 6
purple 4

any insight on this would be great. any chance more colors would be introduced at a future point ( or does GPI have some of the colors locked up preventing you from producing colors to close to them( which would seem werid giving that some of your sample colors match 99% exact to GPI sample set)

why is it that red has no Bright red / day glow/ flame red??? 3 basic old school reds .\

orange 5
green 6
purple 4

any insight on this would be great. any chance more colors would be introduced at a future point ( or does GPI have some of the colors locked up preventing you from producing colors to close to them( which would seem werid giving that some of your sample colors match 99% exact to GPI sample set)

I'm pretty sure that the number of colors offered is a function of your post count per year (color_count = 20 * posts_per_year - 2). So in your case, you would be offered 38 colors, since you average 2 posts per year. Once you increase your post count, you should be able to unlock the other colors.

I'm pretty sure that the number of colors offered is a function of your post count per year (color_count = 20 * posts_per_year - 2). So in your case, you would be offered 38 colors, since you average 2 posts per year. Once you increase your post count, you should be able to unlock the other colors.

Seeing how I was on chiptalk before this pcf was formed your reply is irrelevant. Thanks though!! I'm sure I'll be supporting your vendor page lol

Seeing how I was on chiptalk before this pcf was formed your reply is irrelevant. Thanks though!! I'm sure I'll be supporting your vendor page lol

Sweet! You just unlocked 10 new colors! You should try to refresh the chip design tool now. You may need to clear your cookies first though. PM me if you need any help.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but my time in the realm of inorganic pigments taught me that there are not many readily available inorganic reds (they exist, but they use lead and/or cadmium, both no-nos in most markets). I don't know if chips use organic or inorganic, but if they use inorganic, that would be why there is no bright red. Same reason stop signs, red cars, and Coke cans fade, they all use an organic.

I can 100% confirm that the B mold has been running. :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 4.45.20 PM.png

orange 5
green 6
purple 4

Maybe I can save David the time of responding by sharing the details of our discussions about new colors. This is a very recent discussion as I have another set scheduled for later in the year, no new color

• CPC is using very specific recipes that go back many years for the colors they offer. Those recipes are highly guarded secrets, you can't just go out and find or use someone else's recipe. FYI - Peacock was actually created by mistake with a recipe measuring error.
  • You can't just mix two colors together and have any idea what will happen. I was specific about an experiment I was willing to fund mixing two colors to achieve a color I wanted. For the most part that experiment had been done in the past and the result was terrible.
  • The cost of the pigments means that you could spend well into the thousands and have nothing in the end. I wasn't ready to torch $10K with no confidence in achieving anything usable.

Maybe I can save David the time of responding by sharing the details of our discussions about new colors. This is a very recent discussion as I have another set scheduled for later in the year, no new color

• CPC is using very specific recipes that go back many years for the colors they offer. Those recipes are highly guarded secrets, you can't just go out and find or use someone else's recipe. FYI - Peacock was actually created by mistake with a recipe measuring error.
  • You can't just mix two colors together and have any idea what will happen. I was specific about an experiment I was willing to fund mixing two colors to achieve a color I wanted. For the most part that experiment had been done in the past and the result was terrible.
  • The cost of the pigments means that you could spend well into the thousands and have nothing in the end. I wasn't ready to torch $10K with no confidence in achieving anything usable.

not even bright white and dg pink?

That's dead on from what David has said before. New colors are a risk of time and money that could result in nothing.

Anyone else getting this pop up when signing onto the chip design website, despite entering the correct password? I tried resetting it and it still pops up.
20200505_223315.jpg

For my curiosity (I’ve already happily placed the order using maroon), but what happens if you just mix two colors they already have? For instance, half the recipe for red and half the recipe for maroon. Certainly this wouldn’t cost any more than the normal clay. The experiments ran poorly because...
-Resulting mixed clay wasn’t hard/durable enough as a chip?
-Colors didn’t mix thoroughly so you got some patterned result
-Resulting color is an unappealing tone of gray or brown
-Other?

For my curiosity (I’ve already happily placed the order using maroon), but what happens if you just mix two colors they already have? For instance, half the recipe for red and half the recipe for maroon. Certainly this wouldn’t cost any more than the normal clay. The experiments ran poorly because...
-Other?

i wouldn’t know the specifics about that

-Other?
What about going for a marbled effect instead of trying to mix them thoroughly? I can think of a few reasons why this wouldn't work (heat, pressure, timing, etc.), but sometimes it's fun to dream. How's that for a true fantasy chip -- a chip that cannot be made!

If I just need a few HHR 312 blanks (just a couple chips of 2 different colors) to fill out some racks, do I just wait until the the HHR is running and email CPC ask if I can add on to someone’s order if they happen to have same color? I assume there is a minimum to just place an order.

Anyone have any HHR yellow/black spots or green/pink available? Any other suggestions as I have put a wanted ad but no luck yet.

What about going for a marbled effect instead of trying to mix them thoroughly? I can think of a few reasons why this wouldn't work (heat, pressure, timing, etc.), but sometimes it's fun to dream. How's that for a true fantasy chip -- a chip that cannot be made!
there's something of a dying industry that was once the producer of some finer plastics. these guys did celluloid in Italy. but, i guess the production is moving to China? (idk) it's kind of a cool thing. i'm reminded of the bizarre patterns of formica in the 70s ~which i dig (although some of it is kinda icky too ~lol)

i remember pickguards on guitars that had depth. mostly, they're printed now

What keyboard is currently running? I have this stupid thing where for no reason my keyboard starts using French Canadian. I have to change it in the lower right of the screen next to the clock.

Regular English keyboard. I tried again and it seems that the website is comprised? @David Spragg, any ideas?
20200506_210306.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom