CPC General discussion thread (16 Viewers)

My '07 Roman mold order had spot, spinner and thickness issues. Mold was subsequently retired.

My ASM MD50s had no issues. The Vegas ASM MD50s had some thickness variation between different denominations. CPC MD50s tbd.

There is some inherent movement of clay with the manufacturing process. The imperfections in the edge spots is one of the most wonderful things about clay chips. Don't overthink the CPC quality control department. Trust me, and many others who have posted, the quality is excellent and if there are major errors, David makes things right. CPC is top notch and we are unbelievably blessed to be able to order chips from them.

Use this thread if you want to ask or debate specific CPC marketplace related things to keep them in the right forum. If an item is likely to warrant its own thread, email me to start it for you.
David, I have a question on history of the B-mold (I have an order pending with you). Saw an interesting post on eBay (thanks to member dickzapper for the link)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-193...c4c5cb0&pid=100034&rk=1&rkt=8&sd=331817142511

Wondered if you knew any more on the history. Following info was included:

(Mold pattern on chip is Dia4B's or Diamond with 4 B's made by Tavern Supply Co. in Seattle Wash. first made in 1933. Was possible chip was used in back room gambling in The Sport Shop located at 116 Main Av. N in Twin Falls which would have been 2 or 3 doors east of bank on corner of shoshone and main run by "Speck" Leisure.)

David, I have a question on history of the B-mold (I have an order pending with you). Saw an interesting post on eBay (thanks to member dickzapper for the link)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-193...c4c5cb0&pid=100034&rk=1&rkt=8&sd=331817142511

(Mold pattern on chip is Dia4B's or Diamond with 4 B's made by Tavern Supply Co. in Seattle Wash. first made in 1933. Was possible chip was used in back room gambling in The Sport Shop located at 116 Main Av. N in Twin Falls which would have been 2 or 3 doors east of bank on corner of shoshone and main run by "Speck" Leisure.)

This link doesn't take me anywhere. Got an Auction number?

hsnew.jpg

New font looks nice. Can't wait to get my hands on some 90¢ chips ;). Must.... resist.... urge.... for..... another ......set!

Looks like a slight mis-read or mis-use of info there.
Just because someone found some chips in a box with a label from an old company on it means nothing :)
FWIW, googling will tell you that Tavern Supply Co. existed from 1933. No mention of dates they supplied poker chips.
The mold does date back maybe 35 years but not 83.
My guess those chips are a relatively modern home game set. Seller admits he only bought them 5 years ago so the description is what one might call 'speculative'.

Looks like a slight mis-read or mis-use of info there.
Just because someone found some chips in a box with a label from an old company on it means nothing :)
FWIW, googling will tell you that Tavern Supply Co. existed from 1933. No mention of dates they supplied poker chips.
The mold does date back maybe 35 years but not 83.
My guess those chips are a relatively modern home game set. Seller admits he only bought them 5 years ago so the description is what one might call 'speculative'.

@Jambine :
Probably where that auction's vintage assumption you mentioned came from is below ...
Saw the information below at:
http://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/molddesign_letters.htm

"B-DIAMOND (a/k/a DIAMOND-B) -- "B" and 4 diamonds, repeated four times. This mold seems to have been used mostly in the northwestrn United States. It is now sold by Seattle Restaurant Store Co. (a cookware store!), Seattle WA, which opened in 1933 as Tavern Supply Co./Bar Mart........Luke Rapley sent me a variation of this chip, which came in a box saying Tavern Supply Co., Seattle, Wash To see it, click here. ...........I have the chip pictured on the left for sale. They are in nice shape except for the worn hot-stamp image. One side has "$1.00." and the reverse says "5050." .... As of October 2015, the mold is still being produced in Maine at Classic Poker Chips company, a company that took over from Atlantic Standard Molding in 2013-2014. All their molds can be seen here. The mold is licensed for use in Nevada as of 2014 onwards...."

Last edited:
Is there pricing on the CPC site for 44mm scroll molds? Level 4.

Hey David,

Say I have a design and its the same for each denomination so the only thing different is the denomination. Would I need a custom die for each denomination or can the denomination part be switched out on one die?

You mean what they call a "slug" die where the denom pops in and out of the complete stamping die. Good question.

Hey David,

Say I have a design and its the same for each denomination so the only thing different is the denomination. Would I need a custom die for each denomination or can the denomination part be switched out on one die?

I'd offer them something like 5c per chip royalties, and just pass that along to the customers... Seems like an easy win. Unless that owner happens to be Michael Patton... In which case we just wait until the old fart dies and try again :)

Haha, no. He's an asshole poker vendor (I'm being kind here)

Strange. I've had nothing but pleasant dealings with him. He's been accommodating, sharing, and more than fair with me both before we were introduced on this forum and afterwards, and in both business dealings and sharing stories.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom