CPC General discussion thread (6 Viewers)

Late 2006 - that's when everything but the 312 spot was "new."

Oh look how far we've come...

View attachment 27494

And just because I've been too scatterbrained to do it elsewhere or in PM, thanks for the chip, @Ben! It got here safely a couple of days ago. She's a beaut. And thanks for throwing in the nickel, too!

Reactions: Ben
@David Spragg I have a question about inlay size on the B mold. I see in the design tool that only the 7/8 inch size inlay is recommended. Has anyone tried a larger inlay on that mold, and if so did it turn out ok? The B mold fits perfectly with the theme of the set I'm working on, but I'm worried the inlay will be too small to show what I want.

I'd like to start off by saying I'm new to this forum and have just recently caught the poker chip bug (y) :thumbsup:. I'm trying to talk myself into a custom set of CPC chips (unfortunately i don't have a tree that grows $100 bills). So a couple of questions....
1- I noticed on CPC'S website that only certain molds can take an inlay larger than 7/8" but my sample set (that arrived today and looks great) has a few molds that look like a 1" inlay would work exp. Horsehead and circle square. Is there a reason they recommend 7/8" inlays? (The Horsehead sample actually came with a 1" inlay.)
2- I noticed they don't recommend the unweighted colors for the chip body. Is there a reason for that? Are they not as strong, etc?
3- what does the design artwork usually cost? I have some great ideas (at least I think they're great....lol)
4- would anyone be interested in a group buy to bring some of the cost down? (If it even works like that) I understand being new I wouldn't ask anyone to trust me with money but possibly another member would be willing to take on the money collection duties.
Thanks for any help and sorry for the long post.

Dominic

4- would anyone be interested in a group buy to bring some of the cost down? (If it even works like that) I understand being new I wouldn't ask anyone to trust me with money but possibly another member would be willing to take on the money collection duties.

There is no financial incentive to justify a group buy, as CPC does not offer volume discounts.

3- what does the design artwork usually cost? I have some great ideas (at least I think they're great....lol)

it all depends on who you work with. there are several designers around the forum. if you start a thread specifically asking for help you should be able to find someone.

welcome aboard!! :)

it all depends on who you work with. there are several designers around the forum. if you start a thread specifically asking for help you should be able to find someone.

welcome aboard!! :)

Thanks. I've heard someone say J5 (not sure if that's correct). Anyone has experience with?

I remember BCC even having problems with the 'v' punch. It'd be nice to see it at some point.

I have some BCC moon spot blanks on the web mold that look as though they had some issues getting them to work properly too.

Is there a thread which keeps up with what mold is currently in use?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm not sure what's in right now, but the CSQ is going to be remounted in a couple months for my Rounders chips. Probably by June is my guess.

Thanks. I've heard someone say J5 (not sure if that's correct). Anyone has experience with?

Johnny5 is more correct and a lot of people have experience, there are a few more around, p5woody (I have used his talents, I recommend him), PokerChipsDesign dos good work too..

any of these guys are great, you can see their work whenever you look up sample sets..

I would start a thread if I were you about what you want...this one is for CPC discussion and your getting into custom chip design discussion..

Not that I'm aware of. I'm not sure what's in right now, but the CSQ is going to be remounted in a couple months for my Rounders chips. Probably by June is my guess.

Thanks, I have a small H mold add on to my Monopoly cash set in the works. Looking forward to getting my hands on them :)

1- I noticed on CPC'S website that only certain molds can take an inlay larger than 7/8" but my sample set (that arrived today and looks great) has a few molds that look like a 1" inlay would work exp. Horsehead and circle square. Is there a reason they recommend 7/8" inlays? (The Horsehead sample actually came with a 1" inlay.)
I have an order going in this week with 1" on the CSQ

Johnny5 is more correct and a lot of people have experience, there are a few more around, p5woody (I have used his talents, I recommend him), PokerChipsDesign dos good work too..

any of these guys are great, you can see their work whenever you look up sample sets..

I would start a thread if I were you about what you want...this one is for CPC discussion and your getting into custom chip design discussion..
Thanks. I've started another post and contacted your recommendations. I appreciate your help.

Nice. I was curious because I like the feel of the CSQ but I would like it even more with a 1" inlay.

My Fast Cash Club set has 1" inlays on them on CSQ as well. Pics to come (when I get the hotstamps back.....)

Payments required by the 18th to hit the next run of CSQ

I think A-mold and HHR produce continuously, or nearly so. Order either of those and you won't ever have much of a wait.

Is anyone out there looking to do any 44mm scrolls soon? I am, but a couple more orders are needed to get it installed and into production.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom