CPC Big Top Poker/BTP Secondary cash (1 Viewer)

Changster

Full House
Reaction score
Just ordered!! It was still freakishly expensive given the higher level spots/colors, but I’m super stoked.

Thanks to @Toby for the design help.

100’s and 1000’s are the workhorse chips that will see stacks and stacks of in regular play. I have a lot of sets with a black 100 and yellow/orange 1000’s, so I really wanted colors that were different. It didn’t have to fit into standard color schemes for me.

The 5000’s and 10000’s are “store of value” chips that come out late in a session during deep stack play. It’s either one or the other, so whatever I felt like during that session I could choose to see the 5000 or 10,000 but not both at the same time.

The 50’s are just for dealer tips when we hire a dealer.

Before anyone asks, this is not a USD based high stakes cash game, lol. Just a low stakes home game roughly equivalent to US$3.5/7.

Update 8/6/19, adding CPC official proof.

Last edited:
Just ordered!! It was still freakishly expensive given the higher level spots/colors, but I’m super stoked.

Thanks to @Toby for the design help.

100’s and 1000’s are the workhorse chips that will see stacks and stacks of in regular play. I have a lot of sets with a black 100 and yellow/orange 1000’s, so I really wanted colors that were different. It didn’t have to fit into standard color schemes for me.

The 5000’s and 10000’s are “store of value” chips that come out late in a session during deep stack play. It’s either one or the other, so whatever I felt like during that session I could choose to see the 5000 or 10,000 but not both at the same time.

The 50’s are just for dealer tips when we hire a dealer.

Before anyone asks, this is not a USD based high stakes cash game, lol. Just a low stakes home game roughly equivalent to US$3.5/7.

View attachment 313423

Nice job on these.

Big Top Poker...not on the B mold? I have MD50 sets and B mold sets. I'm suggesting that you get a B mold chip in your hands. It will make you a "B-liever" Since the theme fits even an E&C for the circus could be a winner.

Nice job on these.

Big Top Poker...not on the B mold? I have MD50 sets and B mold sets. I'm suggesting that you get a B mold chip in your hands. It will make you a "B-liever" Since the theme fits even an E&C for the circus could be a winner.

Yeah I looked closely at the molds. The E&C + BTP inlay would be over the top circus-y. The B Diamond is super nice but in the end I thought just because it has a B and it rhymes with Big Top, it wasn’t reason enough. I just really wanted an MD50 set after seeing/feeling the BCC sample set! As you can probably see, many of the chips were based on the BCC chips that I really liked.

The black 10K chip is basically an inverse of the white BCC chip.

The white 1K workhorse chip is basically an inverse of the black 100 BCC chip.

Other chips are based on other base color/edge designs I like a lot... like in general I really like single color tri moons (my 50 chip), and I love tri color 1/2” spots like the Mirage $3 which I chose as my 500 chip.

And the 5000 chip was based on the $13 BCC chip.

No problem on sample sets.

How many extra chips per denom do people usually order for sample sets? I had ordered a barrel (20) extra per denom. Is that usually the norm?

Another rabbit hole? Dang it. Haha

I’m done after a 1/4 pie set on small crowns. I swear. :D

Looks nice. 1/4 pie set is the way to go imo.

My quarter Pie Bourbon set https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bourbon-basement-poker.19444/ which was inspired by @Psypher1000 fantastic QP set

7466-1181d546344f0f215cf07715be40e907.jpg

No problem on sample sets.

How many extra chips per denom do people usually order for sample sets? I had ordered a barrel (20) extra per denom. Is that usually the norm?

It's good to open an "Interest in samples..." thread. There are quite a few collectors. But not everyone collects everything!

Also good to partner with someone in the US to handle sample sets, as a lot of them tend to be domestic.

When I did BCC, David Spragg kindly shipped the samples to a separate address to the main set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom