CORDEIROS FITE CLUB - 44MM TOURNEY SET (CPC SCROLL) (1 Viewer)

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Since @David Spragg started to offer custom 44mm chips I had in mind I wanted a fully oversized tourney set. It had also been a while I wanted to add a companion tourney set to my Cordeiros Fite Club cash set (CFC). I knew @Ben and @slisk250 wanted some racks of oversized as well so it was a matter of coordinating with them and David and get the project rolling.

I settled on combining the oversized set idea with the CFC theme. Because of cost, I decided to go with a one table (8 players to be more precise) set, to be used on Tournament of Champions games and for special occasion single table S&Gs. No surprise, I went with a T20K starting stack, 40 chips at 12/12/9/7, my favorite combos.

The feel of the set did not follow the original CFC cash set because of the traditional colors I wanted to use for the denoms. I opted to move forward paying more tribute to function than form. The two sets combined do not necessarily go together seamlessly but separate, they work out fine imo.

As always, many thanks to David and the whole CPC crew and to Ben for lighting a fire under my ass to get the set done (and for the tip on the Abbiati racks, the only racks to accommodate CPC 44s! ;))

Here's a link to the original CFC cash set and bit of its background: http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cordeiros-fite-club-cali-colors-cash-set-cpc-diasqr.8638/

kk9K3TU.jpg
7VblW69.jpg
eiOSQ4m.jpg
TndGhnw.jpg
4QUG7xV.jpg
ILSOn6j.jpg
Cp0TkYz.jpg
JfRl1Iu.jpg
h1k4yfg.jpg
oawt2kO.jpg
4dthOT5.jpg
qEDdi0I.jpg
tf3knHL.jpg
E1MS5Qp.jpg
u1244Xm.jpg
3LMSyrM.jpg
YFN54sV.jpg
ViRWtvx.jpg

Also where did you get those sweet racks?

Those racks are awesome!!! And as I wrote, the only ones I found to accommodate CPC 44s... I got them from Spinettis after Ben tipped me into them... Got the last 4 Mikko had unfortunately... Hoping he'll get more soon...

Those racks are awesome!!! And as I wrote, the only ones I found to accommodate CPCs 44s... I got them from Spinettis after Ben tipped me into them... Got the last 4 Mikko had unfortunately... Hoping he'll get more soon...

Agreed - they look like they fit great. Abbiati has plenty of sales reps in Vegas, so hopefully mikko would have no problem if he made the call. @David Spragg might even want to stock up and sell them from the CPC site. I'd definitely pay a couple bucks extra just to have them included with an order of oversized chips.

Your prons always come as a great great surprise.
The original CFC probably was my favorite custom set ever, this new one is awesome as well. Great job with the design evolution.
100s, 2000s and 10ks are my favorite.

Your prons always come as a great great surprise.
The original CFC probably was my favorite custom set ever, this new one is awesome as well. Great job with the design evolution.
100s, 2000s and 10ks are my favorite.

Wow!! Thanks a lot for the super nice words!! Given the amount of knock-out sets people are putting out, it's very humbling having my sets mentioned among them,...

Are you trying to corner the market on great custom sets?

LOL!!!

I started replying mentioning a few of my favorite sets and their creators and I just couldn't stop adding, one after another, Matt... Had to delete the list or I'd be here for hours... So there is absolutely no chance of cornering the market, man... One can try it though :p:p:p

Amazing set Paulo! Now I wish I had some oversized charcoal chips - that particular combination is just so BOSS... Love them all though.

The Abbiati racks definitely aren't a perfect fit - they're all a bit tighter than you'd really like and a few of my barrels are EXTREMELY tight, but they're the only thing that's even close. Nothing a little (OK, months...) of shuffling mini-frisbees can't cure. ;) Paulo, did yours end up like that as well?

Hmm, that reminds me, I really need to get to some pron-shootin' myself. :eek:

Very nice! The 25 and 100, though, look very similar to my eyes. That said, I know I have difficulty distinguishing between some shades of green, pink, and grey. Any concerns about them getting confused on the table?

Awesome execution of the oversize set! Your wrists are going to get sore from hauling all of those chips out to the betting line. I love that hundo.

Very nice! The 25 and 100, though, look very similar to my eyes. That said, I know I have difficulty distinguishing between some shades of green, pink, and grey. Any concerns about them getting confused on the table?

Are u sure u meant 25 and 100? They don't look similar in person. Honestly I'm surprise you felt they do but if you did, maybe someone else would also, but I don't believe it would happen often.

The 100 vs 500 is a different story. They are a little closer than I thought they would be. My tables have plenty of light so I'm not that concerned but those I can see getting mixed up here and there if the isn't enough lighting.

Amazing set Paulo! Now I wish I had some oversized charcoal chips - that particular combination is just so BOSS... Love them all though.

The Abbiati racks definitely aren't a perfect fit - they're all a bit tighter than you'd really like and a few of my barrels are EXTREMELY tight, but they're the only thing that's even close. Nothing a little (OK, months...) of shuffling mini-frisbees can't cure. ;) Paulo, did yours end up like that as well?

Hmm, that reminds me, I really need to get to some pron-shootin' myself. :eek:

Thanks Ben!!

And you're right... The Abbiati racks could be a hair bigger... All my denoms fit but very tightly... I think in just a couple of games they will fit better though, it won't take years I don't think... But you know if I'm at the table, I'm shuffling, LOL!!!

Awesome execution of the oversize set! Your wrists are going to get sore from hauling all of those chips out to the betting line. I love that hundo.

Thanks man!! (y) :thumbsup:

Surprisingly, the main reason I decided to have an all 44s set was that the first time I shuffled a barrel of CPC 44s (my Rounders $200s) I felt in love with the feel...

Nice work (again) man! You had me worried for a bit. I mean there was like 4 months there without a new custom set from you.

Really beautiful all around. Congrats on another great addition to the Paulo House of Customs.

Nice work (again) man! You had me worried for a bit. I mean there was like 4 months there without a new custom set from you.

Really beautiful all around. Congrats on another great addition to the Paulo House of Customs.

LOL!!! You crack me up man...

Thanks brother!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom