Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (16 Viewers)

I just posted what I thought was a controversial chip opinion in another thread and figured it could be interesting/fun to see a whole thread full of different ones.

*What I ask is if you see an opinion that is just baffling, stupid, wrong, makes you irate, or you just simply disagree with it, instead of passionately contesting it, just give it the ol' Kifer Special :mad:. Wear it like a badge of honor, because too often a "controversial opinion" is actually anything but that. The more :mad:, the better.*

So keep it simple and have it!

Edit - Controversial poker opinions welcome as well.

Chipcos are awful.

Poker is best played 7- or 8-handed, is bad with 9, and becomes a total abomination with 10.
Just change this to 6 or 7 handed, ok with 8, and bad with 9 and 10, and I'm right there with you if it's NLHE.

For any other game besides NLHE, the same is true, but change the numbers to 5 or 6, ok with 7, and bad with anything more.

Just change this to 6 or 7 handed, ok with 8, and bad with 9 and 10, and I'm right there with you if it's NLHE.

For any other game besides NLHE, the same is true, but change the numbers to 5 or 6, ok with 7, and bad with anything more.
This is my sweet spot. Love a 6 or 7 handed game.

I like 5-6 but that’s about how many people on the planet I like

I don't know if this is controversial, but in my experience, Kem cards have largely been a disappointment. Great feel, but the print quality and consistency leave much to be desired. It sounds like the QC has gone downhill since production or ownership changed hands several years back; many posters allude to an "old Kem" and a "new Kem." For what it's worth, add my name to the list of people who aren't blown away by "new Kem."

I don't know if this is controversial, but in my experience, Kem cards have largely been a disappointment. Great feel, but the print quality and consistency leave much to be desired. It sounds like the QC has gone downhill since production or ownership changed hands several years back; many posters allude to an "old Kem" and a "new Kem." For what it's worth, add my name to the list of people who aren't blown away by "new Kem."
I actually like my Copag and Modianos over Kem… I’m on your side

Speaking of controversial card opinions, I’ve got 25+ different plastic setups from all the major companies and I prefer my Da Vinci or Modiano from Amazon over any of em.

I felt the same way. The front of the cards have smeared ink on many of them. Fortunately there was no issue with the backs, so they are still playable. It stinks because I love the material.

I prefer four-color decks, but am perfectly happy with heavy plastic Hoyle cards.

They’re both durable and cheap enough that I can get a lot of use out of each deck, and can readily replace cards or entire decks without much if any concern about cost.

… But also, I live on Hoyle Road, so these also work as ersatz custom cards for my game. So.

D43D192A-8EFE-439C-88EB-C93DCA284CEB.jpeg

Hold the phone! You guys use the word ersatz?
View attachment 854870
We sometimes use it meaning "fake" or "dummy", but I think the correct meaning in German is substitute or replacement.
It must have become known here during the Nazi occupation, when young kids would steal ersatz wheels from German military vehicles.

We sometimes use it meaning "fake" or "dummy", but I think the correct meaning in German is substitute or replacement.
It must have become known here during the Nazi occupation, when young kids would steal ersatz wheels from German military vehicles.
You are correct. :tup:

English just LOOOOVES stealing words from other languages and misusing the crap out of them.

It's our specialty.
And then returning the word to its mother language, in a wrong use.

For example, the Greek verb to diagnose is correctly used for a disease: "Disease X was diagnosed in person A".
In English, you say "Person A was diagnosed with Disease X".
Because of English language domination worldwide, now Greeks have adopted the wrong (by their own syntactical rules) use.:rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom