Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (11 Viewers)

Would lower prices for most Paulsons help minimize scammers? Lower price = Less incentive to make a profit worth it for scammer?

Leaded RHCs are amazing!

20211223_194008.jpg

Anyone know why some leaded chips have the metallic flecks while others don’t? Different formulas for different time frames?

TCR > NAGB
Anyone know why some leaded chips have the metallic flecks while others don’t? Different formulas for different time frames?
They are elective security / design features, nothing to do with the leadedness of the “clay” formula.

Edit: and the controversial opinion I stopped short of posting snuck in with this reply :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

The backs and faces of cards don't matter. All that matters is the stock, and legible pips

1640748286914.png
1640748458812.png

not the most appropriate place to bring it up, but has there been a discussion about the similarities between these two chips? the colors are almost identical. they both have the flecks. i would've thought this would be something they'd want to avoid on account of potential for fraud if one closes down before the other.

Inlays and spots on chips don't matter. All that matters is the base color and the denomination.
I want to agree with this, but depends on your definition of 'all that matters.' Overall yes I think those are most important, but couldn't say edge spots aren't important or can't elevate the design. Also have to say they matter in not causing dirty stacks. But from a playability standpoint base trumps all

@upNdown says
The backs and faces of cards don't matter. All that matters is the stock, and legible pips
and nobody panics because it's all "part of the plan". But I say
Inlays and spots on chips don't matter. All that matters is the base color and the denomination
and everyone loses their minds!

1640754734116.png

View attachment 836975 View attachment 836976

not the most appropriate place to bring it up, but has there been a discussion about the similarities between these two chips? the colors are almost identical. they both have the flecks. i would've thought this would be something they'd want to avoid on account of potential for fraud if one closes down before the other.
Probably same era and a similar look to Bahamia and Ritz PR $100
Same leaded with flake

This is actually reminiscent of a line of a late Greek stand-up comedian.
He came up with a single-verse poem: "All pussies are nice".

Upon seeing a lady spectator frown in the front row of seats, he said: "No worries madame, I 'll make an exception; All pussies are nice except yours":)

Putting up a WTB or Trade ad, getting a response from someone offering the exact chips at the exact parameters you outlined, and then declining the transaction (without already having secured a deal elsewhere), is pretty garbage. With the amount of times this has happened, I am beginning to think that my sentiment is actually controversial. Why even put up the ad; just fishing for chips or something?

Putting up a WTB or Trade ad, getting a response from someone offering the exact chips at the exact parameters you outlined, and then declining the transaction (without already having secured a deal elsewhere), is pretty garbage. With the amount of times this has happened, I am beginning to think that my sentiment is actually controversial. Why even put up the ad; just fishing for chips or something?
lol or you go out of your way to respond and they get mad because it takes you a couple days to dig out the chips they want, and then they want to lowball you for trying to help them. I’ve responded to at least a dozen want ads and the first thing they ask is “how cheap will you give these away?” And they want pictures immediately, and they are never mint chips for bike tire prices.

I guess I haven't done enough transactions. I must say basically everything I've bought or sold, which isn't much, has gone really smooth for the most part.

Except once when I was told I could purchase something, strung along, and the person changed their mind at the last moment. That was annoying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom