Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (3 Viewers)

1716813867442.gif

Super helpful posts from chippers who provide so much these days towards the community.
You did it to yourself. That’s right, go look in the mirror my friend. I know you won’t take this comment well but this is the truth.
You want helpful, there you go.

You guys would fit in well with folks who destroy property at meetups and find it entertaining, no doubt.
Going to be super honest with you here Jeff. What happened to your property is terrible and in all the meet ups I’ve attended or followed on this forum, I’ve never even heard of or imagined such a thing happening.

This being said, the fact that this happened at your meet up didn’t really seem that shocking to me when I first read your post about it.
First thought that came to my mind was WOW! Would Jeff sabotage his own garden just to garner attention to his meet up thread?

I don’t really believe that you’d actually go that far but the thought honestly came to my mind. You can take that for what it’s worth.

You’ve got this complex like the entire world is against you and it’s really just you against yourself.
So get mad, write a 12 paragraph retort that doesn’t say much of anything substantial and stomp your feet.
I’m just giving you my personal perspective looking from the outside in.

Do I personally think you’re a bad person, not at all. Do I think sometimes you might have a screw loose, sure I do.
But hey, happens to all of us at times. Over the period of time you’ve been on the forum, seems like it happens to you a lot more than others.
That’s my take, call it BS or whatever you’d like.
FWIW,
Have a great Memorial Day weekend Jeff.

I was just thinking today that maybe there’s a good gardening or plants forum that would suit our friend better. :unsure:

It seems that PCF ( based on history of course ) has always been somewhat challenging and awkward for our buddy.

I’m no landscaper by any stretch of the imagination but I know some people find it relaxing. Just might be right up someone’s alley. :unsure:

Shrubs.
Manscaping!

Everyone wins.

Tina racks are awesome for storage but not for display. The plastic is most likely to get foggy brown and yellow.

Amazing for storage and protection, but for display I think in time you may be displeased.

I have 80% of my chips in Tina racks, and when I set up my cash game I get everything into acrylic racks for game night.
You might be right...in time. For now though I think they look better than my birdcages.
20240520_103920.jpg

Leaded chips may be better (and they do feel better) but some owners of them are a bit nauseating lol. I call them lead heads.

They hate on the new beautiful colorful chips bc they’re not leaded.

But you don’t hear Tiger owners complaining about lead the same way.

Leaded chips may be better (and they do feel better) but some owners of them are a bit nauseating lol. I call them lead heads.

They hate on the new beautiful colorful chips bc they’re not leaded.

But you don’t hear Tiger owners complaining about lead the same way.
FWIW, I feel like I’ve seen more complaints about Tiger bashing lately, than I’ve seen actual Tiger bashing.

FWIW, I feel like I’ve seen more complaints about Tiger bashing lately, than I’ve seen actual Tiger bashing.
Not even close. I think one time someone has defended colorful chips while it’s pages and pages and threads of threads hating on colorful chips or when they don’t have lead.

There’s enough chips for everyone!

BuT Iz iT lEaDeD?!?

Not even close. I think one time someone has defended colorful chips while it’s pages and pages and threads of threads hating on colorful chips or when they don’t have lead.

There’s enough chips for everyone!

BuT Iz iT lEaDeD?!?
I feel like I’m the only one crapping on the bright colors and I only do it once or twice a week. I’m not seeing these pages and pages. Maybe they’re hiding inside the what I had for lunch thread and the let’s tell silly jokes thread?

But anyway, you must see the commonality between the two - price. The only 39mm chips that sell for tiger prices are leaded chips. So there’s a natural comparison between the two - at that price, would you rather have lead or neon? Fair question, I think.

But all that aside, unless you’re trying to sell them, why would you care what anybody says about tigers? If you love your chips, what else matters?

I feel like I’m the only one crapping on the bright colors and I only do it once or twice a week. I’m not seeing these pages and pages. Maybe they’re hiding inside the what I had for lunch thread and the let’s tell silly jokes thread?

But anyway, you must see the commonality between the two - price. The only 39mm chips that sell for tiger prices are leaded chips. So there’s a natural comparison between the two - at that price, would you rather have lead or neon? Fair question, I think.

But all that aside, unless you’re trying to sell them, why would you care what anybody says about tigers? If you love your chips, what else matters?
I love them all…and I post in the lunch thread. But, the lunch thread is a lot slower than the dinner thread, so sometimes I post my lunch in the dinner thread to get more likes. Annnnyway….what’s up?

Yeah you’re not the only lead head. Don’t look too deep into this lol.

And to answer your question, it depends! Sometimes the colors and patterns outweigh the lead, sometimes the lead and history of the chip outweighs the colors and pattern!

But there are PAGES bitching about nagb. And it can’t just be the prices. They point to LeAd iz tHe OnLy WaY bc it’s their way to complain. To your point leaded chips are just as expensive and someone made a profit on those too!

And listen I’m not making enemies here. I just like my phrase lead head lol

But there are PAGES bitching about nagb. And it can’t just be the prices.

Maybe I’m used to it.
How much do you know about the history of NAGBs? The first one fractured this community. In fact, if there’s any truth to the “this USED to be a community” complaints, the first NAGBs definitely contributed to that.
I was pretty new here when the ship chips happened. So I had no right to feel left out or slighted. But I did. So imagine how upset guys who’d been in the community forever, who’d had decade long friendships with NAGBers felt when they were left out. A lot of people just said eff this and disappeared. But plenty of old timers stuck around too, and a lot of them have been vocal about this stuff.

I’m not saying anybody’s right or wrong, I’m just saying that there are A LOT of feelings about NAGB chips that maybe some of us have just accepted as a given.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom