Combine Majestics feel with Penthouse style (2 Viewers)

dannyz

High Hand
Reaction score
Got samples from Apache. Love love love the majestics feel and sound and how they handle. But my overall favorite design from them is the Penthouse ceramic. The variable edge style and the color choices are great. I’ll be using for a cash set from 25c to $25.

What options are there to design a clay chip with colors and pip style similar to the penthouse? Aren’t all the Tina chips a ceramic? I just don’t like the feel of any of the ceramics I sampled.

I believe the only option for custom clay chips is CPC which is true compression molded clay and not injection molded China clays.

Those would be between $2.5-$5 / chip though.

You could also relabel the majestic chips with a custom label design.

CPC is the only option period if you wanna design something custom that isn’t ceramic.

Ok not entirely true since there are Matsuis (high-end plastics) and Sunfly poly-something, but you’re not getting anything clay or claylike for your customs anywhere but from CPC (well worth the money)

You can also deal directly with the Chinese companies that produce the china clay chips.

A custom-designed order requires a connection, money, a large order of chips, and a great deal of patience.

That’s what I figured. Sounds like an order of Majestics are in my future. Am I missing any other Chinese clay 39mm options for cash games? Like the design of the Royals, but don’t care for the larger chip. Are there other outlets for Chinese clays (other designs) other than Apache?

There are a few alibaba companies that sell china clays. Can't comment on their terms or quality. Be wary of plastics that look like cc chips; biggest indicator is cost (cc's typically 2x the price of plastics).

There are a few alibaba companies that sell china clays. Can't comment on their terms or quality. Be wary of plastics that look like cc chips; biggest indicator is cost (cc's typically 2x the price of plastics).

Wary if this???…Apache Royals are $0.59/chip and Tina card molds are $0.35-0.40/chip.

Are these two chips really different or the same, especially after long use.

CCs feel very different than ceramics like the card molds.

Wary if this???…Apache Royals are $0.59/chip and Tina card molds are $0.35-0.40/chip.

Are these two chips really different or the same, especially after long use.
Plastics, china clays, and ceramics really are different in terms of looks, sound, feel, slickness/surface tension, and playability. Prolonged use won't change those differences.

Fwiw, both of those chips (cc Royals, ceramic card molds) likely cost under 15c each to produce in quantity. Also, one of those prices is an importers retail price, while the other is a manufacturer/distributor's direct-to-public bulk group buy price. Very different markup strategies involved.

Got samples from Apache. Love love love the majestics feel and sound and how they handle. But my overall favorite design from them is the Penthouse ceramic. The variable edge style and the color choices are great. I’ll be using for a cash set from 25c to $25.

What options are there to design a clay chip with colors and pip style similar to the penthouse? Aren’t all the Tina chips a ceramic? I just don’t like the feel of any of the ceramics I sampled.
Did you end up getting chips? I have very similar thoughts when it comes to buying my first real set. I love the feel of Majestics and mostly like the design...just some of the colors for my .25/.50 aren't my favorite. I do like the colors of the Penthouse chips, but just don't like the feel of ceramic as much as the china clay.

just my 2 cents, but they hybrid greek ceramics have a very different feel than the card molds. much less ceramic feeling and warmer to the touch, very similar to clay imo

just my 2 cents, but they hybrid greek ceramics have a very different feel than the card molds. much less ceramic feeling and warmer to the touch, very similar to clay imo
Cool - is this just because of the greek design on the mold itself? Or is there something different about the material itself? I see they're labeled as "hybrid ceramic chip" here https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/coming-soon-new-greek-mold-hybrid-chips.107868/ . Wondering if this is the same material as the apache penthouse ceramics, but just a different mold.

Cool - is this just because of the greek design on the mold itself? Or is there something different about the material itself? I see they're labeled as "hybrid ceramic chip" here https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/coming-soon-new-greek-mold-hybrid-chips.107868/ . Wondering if this is the same material as the apache penthouse ceramics, but just a different mold.
as far as i know it is a different material altogether from both the card mold ceramics and so-called "china clays". definitely worth grabbing a sample of them if you are curious. "hybrid" implies that they use actual labels on the inlay area rather than the card molds which are printed directly on the chip itself. its hybrid because the chip design itself (spot pattern, rim etc) is printed on the face, not injected.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom