Brown chip? (1 Viewer)

coachpod

Sitting Out
Reaction score
So I took the advice to buy samples. I sent these pictures to my group that I'll be playing with and the majority voted for the Majestics. Absolutely love the feel and the design, but I'm not a huge fan of the brown chip. I've seen some threads on people's opinions on the brown chip and want some feedback. I'm going with the common 400+ tournament chipset, and the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger for the Majestics is the brown chip.

My top 3 choices are the Majestics, Taj Mahals (would need a group buy card mold of the $5k), and the Pharoah's (love the orange $1k).

Attachments

• sample3.jpg
    sample3.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 155
  • sample2.jpg
    sample2.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 153
  • sample1.jpg
    sample1.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 156
It's your preference, but IMHO brown chips are fine. I've used them for a couple of denom across my custom sets and love them. Given it looks like you're wanting tourney level chips you may have noticed that brown is a fairly common color for 5K's. I also like the majestic lineup and have considered perhaps getting some to act as a travel set.

It's worth mentioning that so long as the color doesn't cause confusion or dirty stacks against other chips in the set, base color is fairly arbitrary.

So I took the advice to buy samples. I sent these pictures to my group that I'll be playing with and the majority voted for the Majestics. Absolutely love the feel and the design, but I'm not a huge fan of the brown chip. I've seen some threads on people's opinions on the brown chip and want some feedback. I'm going with the common 400+ tournament chipset, and the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger for the Majestics is the brown chip.

My top 3 choices are the Majestics, Taj Mahals (would need a group buy card mold of the $5k), and the Pharoah's (love the orange $1k).

That's a pretty extensive set of samples you've got there - very thorough - good job :cool

Brown chips make great fracs, seldom clash with anything else in the set. I don't think I love them as a 5000 denom though since I am so used to pink/gray at this point.

No Royals samples? I used have a set and they were pretty effing good. Love the 43mms

Imo you got the worst of the CPC molds with the scrolls there. Rounders should be on the CSQ

... the Majestics. Absolutely love the feel and the design, but I'm not a huge fan of the brown chip. ... I'm going with the common 400+ tournament chipset, and the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger for the Majestics is the brown chip.
Buy pink Majestics and relabel them as 5000s.

My first choices for 5k are pink or orange, but brown and gray are runner up and good choices too IMO. I especially like chocolate at the very bottom of a lineup (i.e. frac) or the very top.

Fwiw I bought aria card molds for my tournament set which are flags...so not even on my own list :LOL: :laugh:

Last edited:
That's a pretty extensive set of samples you've got there - very thorough - good job :cool
I knew people on this forum would appreciate it! My poker group text thread thinks I've lost it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Buy pink Majestics and relabel them as 5000s.
I didn't think about this. I really would like their orange 50c as the $5k. How would I get the labels?

No Royals samples? I used have a set and they were pretty effing good. Love the 43mms

Imo you got the worst of the CPC molds with the scrolls there. Rounders should be on the CSQ
I don't mind getting the other mold either! I already wanted the Chesterfields.

I got some 43mm samples from a local poker store. Fun to shuffle, but making the jump up when I already have a case and racks for 39mm didn't seem logical. They stay next to my laptop to shuffle while working though.

Brown chips make great fracs, seldom clash with anything else in the set. I don't think I love them as a 5000 denom though since I am so used to pink/gray at this point.
Pink or gray would have been fine. I love the Majestic orange and blue too.

what kind of cards are those?
They are the Triton premium poker cards. They came free with the Triton portable roll-up mat. They have a nice texture and I've been shuffling those instead of my others right now.

Great job on the samples! Chocolate 5Ks aren't too bad, but definitely can go relabel if the color truly bothers you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom