Club Hel: Choice is an Illusion (CPC) (2 Viewers)

Chips are merely 350 km away from me now. Nearly guaranteed they'll be delivered tomorrow.

Edit: Out for delivery, ETA 2 hours :D

Last edited:
_DSC0001r=2048wk.jpg

pr0n thread open

@Psypher1000 @Jeff @Forty4 @Sparty @PAZ @tommythecat --

I've finished packing everyones' sample sets and dealer buttons. Will print shipping labels later today.
Post office is already closed, I'll get them in the mail on Monday.

Update: Might have to postpone this by one or two days... online payment with Deutsche Post has become a nightmare. I'll figure something out.

Last edited:
Phew, that was a massive feat. Finally finished with oiling all the chips.

I didn't take any shortcuts and worked them one by one, so I took the opportunity to also inspect them all closely for spot errors, spinners et cetera.
Results are very mixed...

• A full barrel of spot errors (absolute majority of them cash chips), chips are perfectly usable but well.
  • Two and a half barrels (!!!) of cash chip spinners
  • Another barrel of marked/sample denominated chips, among those...
    • One chip with some chipped off material near the inlay border
    • Spinners
    • One chip with huge foreign object embedded
    • One chip with a recess pressed into the inlay from a foreign object
    • Chips with inlay apparently not fully sealed, visible around the edges
    • Chips with massively off-center inlays
    • One chip with inlay cut out so badly you can see a broad white line on one border (cut past bleed area)
    • One chip with clay on top of the inlay, covering the text below it

Fifteen(!) out of the nineteen spot errors were $5 chips. This together with the little more than half barrel of $5 spinners made me end up with not a single replacement chip for this denom.
I originally ordered a full barrel of extra $5s as standby replacements, even got a good bunch of bonus chips, yet the massive amount of unusable chips ate up the whole buffer.

For 25¢ chips, I'm also nearly out of replacements already, despite also having ordered a full extra barrel, because of all the spinners.

For $1s, I'm glad I received significantly more bonus chips than for any other denomination because there were a lot of spinners as well. The bonus chips nearly buffered it all, only short of 1 or 2 chips.

I am surprised that not a single one of my 25¢ and $1 chips has spot errors, despite the complexity.

Okay, I want to add on anyway so I have another opportunity to get extra replacements, but really? This can't be normal...
I mean, yeah I expected some spot errors, but spinners? And this amount?

Last edited:
Thanks for the production report. I'm working on my 1st set right now and will have to follow a few of the custom orders here to see if this was a one time QC slip up, the start of a trend or about normal. I had no idea spinners were common with CPC chips. How many total chips did you order? It looks like 2900 or so. 70/2900 = 2.4% error rate not counting spot errors. Considering how much manual labor is involved it does not sound too bad but you would think the errors would be spread out uniformly and not clustered in the $5 and 25 cent chips. Your $5 chip does not seem overly complicated.

I would assume you can give the spinners in your samples? Most people display them on a shelf, and wouldn’t even care that they may not be perfectly flat.

Mark

Thanks for the production report. I'm working on my 1st set right now and will have to follow a few of the custom orders here to see if this was a one time QC slip up, the start of a trend or about normal. I had no idea spinners were common with CPC chips. How many total chips did you order? It looks like 2900 or so. 70/2900 = 2.4% error rate not counting spot errors. Considering how much manual labor is involved it does not sound too bad but you would think the errors would be spread out uniformly and not clustered in the $5 and 25 cent chips. Your $5 chip does not seem overly complicated.
Being completely out of extras that you paid for is pretty bad

Total order was 2582 Chips. I received 143 bonus chips. So more like 2.7%.
Among the total order also were 135 chips meant to be standby replacements in case a chip breaks or goes missing, so if you subtract them too, you're at 2.8%.

Spinners to the samples would be impossible anyway. I had two sets of denominated chips made -- unmarked (live) and marked chips as samples, so I'd be able to clearly tell cashable and non-cashable chips apart. Most of the spinners I got were unmarked chips.

And yes, given the simplicity of the edge spot pattern I wouldn't have expected this many errors on the $5.
I assumed I'd get a lot on the $500, $1 and 25¢, but nope, zero, and the slightly more complicated $20 only had two.

I guess I'll ask David about it. Maybe those spinners can be fixed somehow? Heat and pressure? It appears to me like the inlay isn't properly glued to the chip.

Update: David says spinners likely not possible to fix at home as most of the effect that keeps the inlay in place was the vacuum created during pressing, there should have not been spinners in the first place, the bonus chips were only intended to mitigate those chips with embedded stuff, misplaced inlays and the likes. Likely transport damage due to freezing temperatures. Told me however the mold is still in and they still have some leftover spare parts, so they might be able to make a bunch more in the current run!

Last edited:
David and CPC has excellent customer service. I’m not surprised at all that he offered to make replacement chips for the spinners.

Reactions: Nex
Re: Sample shipments...

Yes, online payment for postage has become an absolute nightmare here if you don't have a credit card - and credit cards aren't very popular with the majority of Germans, including me. Wire transfer and direct debit is what's popular here. After cash of course. They offer direct debit - but not for postage. They offer PayPal - but not directly, instead indirectly by charging some "petty cash" account with a bigger amount and then withdrawing from that (they want to avoid high fixed payment costs for very small transactions). Plus, and you only find this out in the small print, PayPal deposits are limited to a maximum of 20€ per week due to fraud reasons... while the amount I'd have to pay for all the postage is over 40. For the rest, they only offer a direct wire transfer option; a proprietary system that not every German bank offers. Guess if my bank does! Yay, go fuck yourself Deutsche Post.

So I'll have to wait until my parents are back from their holidays on Gran Canaria so I can use their bank account at a bank that participates in said proprietary system to deposit the remainder... which will be sometime very late tomorrow. They probably won't have any free capacities to deal with that shit right when they arrive. Expect shipping labels printed sometime on Wednesday for now, not 100% sure yet if I can make it to the post office on the same day.

Been toying with some alternate ideas that will likely never be made.

club_hel_experiments.png

First two are supposed to be 1¢, couldn't be arsed to make another inlay for them.
Theme ties, if not obvious: #1 is a brood pod, #2 a coppertop.
First one might actually also be viable as a silver foil hotstamp. Maybe maybe...

Snapper has absolutely no intentional theme tie. I don't think I've seen any pink in any of the three movies anyway.
Would be nice to get like one or two barrels for occasional Blackjack, but the missing theme tie really bugs me and also I have a different set in the works that would have a much more beautiful snapper, while perfectly fitting the overall design.

Last edited:
Sample sets have been sent out today. I've messaged everyone individually, sending tracking numbers where applicable.

Another set of samples is on its way to the Wachowskis :cool:

Now that I'm done with my open obligations...

@liftapint @Pierna @detroitdad @Frogzilla --

I've scraped the remains of my samples together and was able to assemble four more mini sample sets: 25¢, $1, $5, $20, and the Pill chip.
These are not cherrypicked though, some have small different colored specks embedded and other minor imperfections. I could also optionally add a Monogram (1/4 Pie) chip to them.

These are reserved for you guys first before I offer them to anyone else, since you already expressed interest.

5 chip set price: 12.24€
With Monogram chip: +2.39€
Shipping is 3.70€+0.50€ = 4.20€ worldwide, untracked. Tracking is optional +2.50€.

Dealer Buttons can still be ordered as well, no minimum quantity needed.
One button costs 15.90€; shipping needs to be determined once I know how many DBs need to be made. If multiple people order one it might be cheaper to have them sent to me (you pay an equal share of the shipping costs from them to me) and I reship them together with the samples; the alternative would be separate shipping directly from the maker to you which costs 5.80€.

Please let me know if you're still interested!

Re: Spinners.

I've left one of my reject chips (flat inlay, embedded foreign object) outside overnight, was freezing all the time between -8 and -12 degrees celsius. Today morning one of the two inlays noticeably domed. Not as strong as on some of the other spinners, but the chip was only outside for one single night.

Better not leave those clays in your car...

Okay, I want to add on anyway so I have another opportunity to get extra replacements, but really? This can't be normal...
I mean, yeah I expected some spot errors, but spinners? And this amount?

The quantity of defects you detail is somewhat disturbing.

I accounted for extras in my CPC order but nowhere near a whole barrel of any denom.

Do they guarantee their work versus that many defects; as in send you an appropriate quantity of replacements or offer partial refunds/reimbursement?

Pr0n thread + gallery links in my signature and also in the OP here!

The quantity of defects you detail is somewhat disturbing.

I accounted for extras in my CPC order but nowhere near a whole barrel of any denom.

Do they guarantee their work versus that many defects; as in send you an appropriate quantity of replacements or offer partial refunds/reimbursement?

David explicitly told me spinners were not supposed to happen in the first place. The freezing temperatures during transport caused it, I have verified it with a non-spinner reject chip I left outside in the cold at around -10°C overnight. The bonus chips they make are for replacing things like displaced inlays, spot errors, embedded foreign objects and the likes.

Taking the spinners out of the equation, the bonus chips would have just about compensated for the other reject chips I received. For some denoms with less rejects I actually have a small amount of surplus left from them, on some others I would have needed to use very few from the extras I explicitly ordered, maybe 5 tops.

I'm currently waiting for their next move/message. Last thing I was told was they apparently still had some spare parts left and the mold was also still mounted at that time, they offered to use those to make replacements for the spinners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom