Club Hel: Choice is an Illusion (CPC) (3 Viewers)

For what it's worth, I have always received a shipping notice from them but the notice came from UPS. I didn't get a direct email from CPC. So for you guys outside the US, not sure how you would know if you don't contact CPC directly and ask?

Last edited:
Well, shipping for my order is split as CPC routes it via UK where import duty is way lower than if shipped directly to Germany. In the end the package still does have to arrive at my doorstep via some carrier, and that carrier might send out status update notifications.

But that requires that either the carrier offers the ability to add an arbitrary email address to notify on status changes for a particular package (and CPC would have to make use of it too!), or to provide a notification system via customer accounts. I don't have an account with the carrier that will deliver the package and I'm not sure if CPC will actually add the customer's email. What I do know is that UPS provides a hybrid notification system where, if you have an account with verified postal address with them, you can be notified about any shipments that are headed towards your postal address. DHL does the same - very helpful when shippers are too lazy to send you tracking numbers.

Sent an email to CPC now, hope it's already on the way :p
We're currently roughly in the middle between best-case and worst-case estimate.

There may have been, but multiple orders still have yet to be received, and I know CPC received at least one last-minute order for the HHR mold to extend its current run.

That could've been me, I placed my offer beginning of Dec and was told my order could be snuck into the current HHR run. My bad @Nex !

Meeeeeeh, just received an answer from CPC.

They were set back by a couple of weeks because of a power outage after a storm... H mold pressing scheduled for new year and will take multiple weeks :(

@tommythecat @Pierna -- Empire appears to be back from vacation now. Still interested in a dealer button?

Empire is going to send me some replacement cut cards anyway, so for @tommythecat, there will be zero additional shipping costs because they would send your button together with the replacements to me, and I can reship the button together with the (still waiting :() sample set without additional costs.

For @Pierna, direct shipping from them to you will be the cheapest option and costs €5.80. Regarding chip samples, with the recent bad news, I guess handling those separately (if I happen to get enough extras in the first place) when they finally arrive would probably be the best.

A dealer button still costs €15.90.

@tommythecat @Pierna -- Empire appears to be back from vacation now. Still interested in a dealer button?

Empire is going to send me some replacement cut cards anyway, so for @tommythecat, there will be zero additional shipping costs because they would send your button together with the replacements to me, and I can reship the button together with the (still waiting :() sample set without additional costs.

For @Pierna, direct shipping from them to you will be the cheapest option and costs €5.80. Regarding chip samples, with the recent bad news, I guess handling those separately (if I happen to get enough extras in the first place) when they finally arrive would probably be the best.

Still in for one please!

I’d like to wait for the sample set to be available and ready before committing to buy the button if that’s not a problem.
Thank you for the updates and good luck with the delivery of the full set!

I took sample set orders shortly before placing my actual own order, which was back in early-mid October. Don't think I can add on to my order with CPC at this point, even with the setback they had.

Samples entirely depend on how many extra chips above the ordered number I'll receive now.
You'd be the third person in line. Full set probably no chance anymore, but I guess there'll be at least something left. I'll post details when I get my order delivered.

I took sample set orders shortly before placing my actual own order, which was back in early-mid October. Don't think I can add on to my order with CPC at this point, even with the setback they had.

Samples entirely depend on how many extra chips above the ordered number I'll receive now.
You'd be the third person in line. Full set probably no chance anymore, but I guess there'll be at least something left. I'll post details when I get my order delivered.

cool. All my fault anyways

Wow this is incredible. Lot of time and effort put in. If there's any cookies left over (which I know...almost certainly not) send one my way!

Can't wait for the pics!

Reactions: Nex
No chips under the tree but hey.

Turned $0 into $109.
Thanks PokerStars :D

Nice consolation for the still-missing chips.
Now to cash in on that million dollar prize pool tournament...

pokerstars-109-freeroll.png

It really is incredible how many shitty hands and cancer flops you can get in a row in one tournament, while in another you get a seemingly infinite flood of premium hands that hit the board well.
Just a bit over two hours in and I'm already out. Played extremely tight, yet always got screwed.

At least I cashed good in another freeroll. Yield is peanuts in comparison to the Monday Million payouts but still nice. And I didn't have to cough up the $109 for the ticket.

Back to the chip delivery waiting game...

If they haven't gone into production, you sure you couldn't add 20 chips of each denom, and offer more samples?
I'd be in for one...I tried before and had paypal problems, but I have worked out those problems, and sad I missed out on these.

They must have finished the clay material sometime around the beginning of November already. Was told mid October the material was half done (preparations started beginning of October).

Apparently the chips are already in a half-done state as David talked about a "final pressing" that was left to do. I really don't think adding any more will work at this point.

Even if it would work out timing-wise, preparing new clay and all, inlays could still be a problem if the ones for the placed order have already been fully made. Would cost a lot to have just a handful more made separately - we were already discussing this for the mystery chips I ordered along with the set, but I could circumvent it there because their inlay shape was the same so they would just print the few mystery inlays together with the larger amount of the regular inlays on the same sheet.

I'll keep you in mind. Once I get the order together with (hopefully) bonus chips, I'll work out if I have any unexpected extras available. You're on a waiting list though.

Thanks. Yeah, if the clay was prepared that long ago, you're definitely right about not being able to add on at this point. I've been lucky in the 2 times that I've ordered CPC chips...my order went in just before the mold I was using was finishing up, so it was perfect timing. Even then, the wait is torture!

Last update from the 19th - final pressing has started but will still take a couple of weeks.
More than a week has passed already, hope they're done by mid February...

Still waiting for the reshipping notice. Time frame given was between Thursday and Sunday (well rather Monday in that case)

All this waiting with nothing happening is driving me crazy. I have another order in for some other custom-made stuff as well where nothing is happening and you can't see any progress either.

At least a 1.5 week break from the madhouse now...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom