Closed - Official Royal Yak Group Buy (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPS shows early delivery of Friday!

So hopefully they wont screw it up and I'll get the rest of y'alls chips out this coming Saturday.

Thanks!

I've been experiencing delays with UPS shipments all last week....hopefully thier problems won't have any effect on ours

Thanks for hustling out my chips, @Jagamov! Hokey smokes these things are gorgeous! Definitely helped make up my mind to go for a @GameOnChipCompany custom set.

IMG_0392.JPG

Damn. They came out better than I thought they would. Really looking forward to these now.

They came out so much better than the attempt by PGI to replicate the original logo on the smaller denomination chips. (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

Did GOCC have the original artwork? These look fantastic.

Did GOCC have the original artwork? These look fantastic.

I'm assuming so. The proofs are on the first page, and it was my first question to them to make sure they would look identical to the Chipco chips and be clear and colorful. She assured me they would and they turned out awesome. I sent in the cash denoms to make sure the color was perfect, but they had all the rest.

After having every single one in my possession, they have all looked amazing.

Got my shuffle stack today, they look really great! I'm impressed with the GOCC blank vs other ceramics I've had, they feel heavier. They also seem less slippery and stack better, but that might be because they are brand new too.

Anyway, I will definitely consider GOCC for a future custom project.

Got my shuffle stack today, they look really great! I'm impressed with the GOCC blank vs other ceramics I've had, they feel heavier. They also seem less slippery and stack better, but that might be because they are brand new too.

Anyway, I will definitely consider GOCC for a future custom project.
That’s what I’ve been saying!

“You’re going to like the way they feel, I guarantee it” (tm)

Well, sorry. No UPS today. They arrrived in town yesterday, but there have been no updates on UPS since. So I guess it’ll be Monday.

I will try and ship the boxes out as soon as I can once the chips arrive.

Thanks.

Ok guys. Chips arrived today. They look great. I just got them all boxed up and I will be going to the P.O. tomorrow at lunch to get them all mailed to you since it took extra time and I know y’all want them. Hopefully you’ll have them for Friday night (@Michael Murphy ;)).

Thanks again everyone for making this happen. It’s been some work, but fun.

Ok guys. Chips arrived today. They look great. I just got them all boxed up and I will be going to the P.O. tomorrow at lunch to get them all mailed to you since it took extra time and I know y’all want them. Hopefully you’ll have them for Friday night (@Michael Murphy ;)).

Thanks again everyone for making this happen. It’s been some work, but fun.
Thank you so much !!!!

Mine arrived today. While not in action, I was able to take a few quick pics.

Barrel of 10k with a barrel each of the other denoms
20171211_205655 (Medium).jpg

Height check. 5k are PGI, rest are Chipco. Printing on the edges of the 10k are excellent.
20171211_205722 (Medium).jpg

The 10k colour is a bit closer to the $500 than I thought it would be...ah well. I'll live. :cool:

Cash set with $20 added
20171211_213554 (Medium).jpg

Barrel of each denom
20171211_213906 (Medium).jpg

Height check. 5c thru $1 are PGI, $5 is Chipco and $20 is GOCC
20171211_213947 (Medium).jpg

Again, edge printing on the $20 is excellent.

Cash splash
20171211_214048 (Medium).jpg

$20 splash
20171211_214404 (Medium).jpg

Feel-wise, these are very close to Chipcos. Very close. Maybe a touch harder to shuffle.

I probably should have requested a slightly lighter shade of orange just to give a bit more separation between it and the $5. That might be more an issue with my eyes than anything else.

Overall?
(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Received my chips last night and they are superb!

Triple thanks to @Jagamov for organizing a super smooth GB and executing it flawlessly.

So thank you so much!!!!

Also, and I know I am string posting here, these are the best feeling ceramics to touch when picking up from the side and just riffling through them. So smooth on the side without being slippery and the surface is wonderfully frictiony!!

These arrived at 3:30 pm Sat
20171217_105509.jpg
20171216_161243.jpg
20171217_105625.jpg
20171216_220556.jpg
and they were in play at 7:30 pm. That's cutting it close...I was hoping I would get them in time. I really like the way they turned out.
Many thanks to Greg for making this happen.

Received my chips last night and they are superb!

Triple thanks to @Jagamov for organizing a super smooth GB and executing it flawlessly.

So thank you so much!!!!

These arrived at 3:30 pm Sat and they were in play at 7:30 pm. That's cutting it close...I was hoping I would get them in time. I really like the way they turned out.
Many thanks to Greg for making this happen.

Thanks again everyone. It was a fun project. I’m so happy that they turned out so well and that everyone is happy.

@Michael Murphy mentioned a dealer button. Maybe he can get something going on that. I know I’d like to get one for sure.

My thoughts too. I wonder if GOCC would have any on hand? Their website doesn’t seem to load for me. Been wanting to add 220-5s and 40-20s to my traveling set.

Good luck trying to get hold of them. I tried and gave up... But others have had more success recently - though I don't know if they still have the Yak artwork since it seems the ownership changed.

Hi all....

No, I don't think I'd ever plan another GB. I have all the chips I needed for my set, and the girl who originally helped me no longer works there. They told me at the time that they had the rights to all of the artwork and I provided them all the colors to try and get it all correct.

So I would "assume" they would have no issues with making more. But yes, getting a hold of them does seem to be difficult for some.

Good luck....its a great set.

If someone else ran a group buy I'd be in for some Yaks

The reprints that were produced in that last buy by GOCC were SPOT ON with the original artwork for these chips.
All of the non-original denom reprints and subsequent reprints done by PGI back when these were sold were of much lower quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom