Cleaning Cards (1 Viewer)

Oryx

High Hand
Reaction score
Do people ever clean their plastic cards? I had my Copags in play last night and on the menu was smoked sausage and pizza with no utensils lol. (I wasn't hosting I just went to deal, that group is far too rich for my blood but the tips are great).
My cards aren't ruined but I feel like cleaning them might bring some life back to them.
Is this a fools errand?

coutessy of @upNdown
kem clean.jpeg

Do be careful with Copags, in my experience when they exposed to moisture they tend to lose ink quickly. Clean them and make sure to dry them properly.
Will do, thanks again for the picture! :)

As the others have said... on my copags, I use cold water and a little dish soap, quick dunk, light rub with rag, quick rinse. No soaking.

Tried to clean some Kem's in warm water. after a quick wipe, I Laid each of them out on some towels after patting them dry. Some then curled a bit, so after sitting out overnight to fully dry, but curls remained in a few. Thinking the deck is ruined anyway, I thought "hmmm these are plastic, so if I warm them up, then they will be more pliable - and maybe I can flatten them out"...

So as you can imagine, it didn't end well.

I put them back in the case, and added several folded paper towels on top before closing it up (paper towels to put some pressure on the cards while in the case). I then put a a couple heavy dishes on top of the case - thinking this weight will hold all cards flat. Then I popped the case / dishes into the microwave.

BAD IDEA. In about 20 seconds, they almost caught on fire. The smell was horrible, and many of the cards had blackened...

Lesson learned. lol...

Tried to clean some Kem's in warm water. after a quick wipe, I Laid each of them out on some towels after patting them dry. Some then curled a bit, so after sitting out overnight to fully dry, but curls remained in a few. Thinking the deck is ruined anyway, I thought "hmmm these are plastic, so if I warm them up, then they will be more pliable - and maybe I can flatten them out"...

So as you can imagine, it didn't end well.

I put them back in the case, and added several folded paper towels on top before closing it up (paper towels to put some pressure on the cards while in the case). I then put a a couple heavy dishes on top of the case - thinking this weight will hold all cards flat. Then I popped the case / dishes into the microwave.

BAD IDEA. In about 20 seconds, they almost caught on fire. The smell was horrible, and many of the cards had blackened...

Lesson learned. lol...
I did’t think they needed to print on the box, “For best results, Do Not Microwave.”
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom