Copag 1546 Review (1 Viewer)

MAGNAN1MUS

Sitting Out
Reaction score
In this post I write my review about those cards, I consider myself a noob on the subject, since it is my first deck of plastic cards from a recognized brand, My opinion of the points can variate in the future. Sorry for my English, I hope you find this review useful.

IMG_20221002_191245_516.jpg

When I received the cards, they gave me a very good feeling, looked and felt very good. They have a smell that is not very strong but that you will maybe notice when you open them for the first time, in my opinion it is pleasant, but there are those who do not like it. Currently, to feel the smell of the cards, it is necessary to bring them close to the nose, so I do not consider this to be very relevant.

Calification of Deck Sensation: 10/10

IMG_20221002_191239_001.jpg

I could see a small defect in one of the corner of the letter 'G' that belongs to the case, but you have to look closely to see it, and maybe a very similar
defect on the card separator (which I like) I find the card separator useful to prevent the cards from getting mixed up when the box is closed; it is hooked in the center of the box applying pressure, it is firmly.

Calification of Front of the Box: 9.7/10
Calification of Cards Separator: 9.5/10

IMG_20221002_192657_289.jpg

The first two cards you find above are probably the guarantee cards, which are nicely designed.

IMG_20221002_191252_896.jpg

The jokers designs seems to me the best I've seen to my liking.

Calification of Jokers Design: 10/10

IMG_20221002_192723.jpg

The design of the back of the cards is beautiful (one of the most beautiful in my opinion) and I have not found any flaws in them.

Calification of Back Design: 10/10

Screenshot_20221002_191536.png

The typography of these Copag seems to me the best (10/10) I like the design of the Ace, I see it as modern (10/10) although the images of the cards J, Q, K have in my opinion: some smalls esthetic defects in the that you have to pay close attention to see them (9.5/10) These cards have in my opinion a modern touch (except in images of J, Q, K) which I like.

The cards are slippery and a bit thick, but it's nothing to worry about, they can be shuffled well. Now I am going to show the most striking defects that I have seen:

IMG_20221002_195545_372.jpg

These white "rivers" inside of the box I don't know if they were there from the moment I opened the box, maybe they formed because I live in a humid country.

The inside of the box could have a better finish, especially the corners where the decks rest and the small central holes, but don't worry, they won't damage your cards too much.

IMG_20221002_202147_444.jpg

The rear side of the box has this obvious defect, it is only aesthetic and does not affect the operation, maybe it is a defect of my unit.
As a point in favor of this box, I must say that the plastic is thick, capable of withstanding good pressure, so it should not break easily. In addition, it has a kind of mechanism to lock when closing the box

Quality of the Box: 9/10

IMG_20221002_195601_722.jpg

In the image above you can see some defects in the upper area of the images of the J, Q and K, you need to get closer to notice them. On the J a small black stripe is above the blue frame; in K, the tips of the crown protrude above the blue frame and it seems that the blue color of the frame blends with the yellow background of the crown; on the Q, there are some edges protruding above the frame; I don't know if these defects happen in other decks.

IMG_20221002_195549_680.jpg

On the side of some cards you can see that they are of a different color, making them look brighter when given light or darker if the light casts a shadow; this is something important. The cut of the edges seems to me that it is not perfect but it is fine, it does not look bad.

IMG_20221002_195553_619.jpg

I have also been able to find some black dots on some cards, it is possible that they disappear with use or that you can remove them a little by rubbing the area; they are not easy to see.

IMG_20221002_195557_580.jpg

And some cards have ink stains on their front face on certain areas, they are not easy to see, perhaps it is ink that has stuck from the back when making the American mix.

For these last two defects I question the durability and quality of the decks, even so, I like them and they are not things that I should worry too much about since perhaps none of my friends will notice these defects unless I tell them. Maybe those stains can be removed with a little water, but I haven't tried.

If you get very very close to the cards you can see very tiny white dots in the ink which may be unavoidable due to the texture of the front of the card.

As a last tiny detail he would like to say that if I remember correctly, I found a card with a slight protrusion (i don't know how to describe exactly) in the style of an unfinished cut with scissors, but it was very tiny and not easy to see.

Quality of the Ink: 8/10
Quality of the Deck: 9/10

Due to the low use of the cards, I can't mention how durable they are, although their material seems very good, the ink maybe not so much. It also remains to be seen how long the gold color of the letters on the box and the separator lasts; maybe in the future I will make a publication about the durability.

If you have these cards and can confirm or deny any of the points made here, feel free to do so. I hope that this review has been useful to you and do not hesitate to create another one with the same format analyzing other cards, because it can be very useful for other users when choosing a deck. Comments and opinions are welcome

Good review..
I belive that if you contact customer support they will properly adress the issues you pointed

I have a new Copag 1546 setup as well, in blue and red. Love them. I am slightly worried about stickiness, though, as they don’t fan easily anymore after some shuffling. But maybe that’s just a quality of plastic cards. Anyways, a great deal for good cards at like $19.

I have a new Copag 1546 setup as well, in blue and red. Love them. I am slightly worried about stickiness, though, as they don’t fan easily anymore after some shuffling. But maybe that’s just a quality of plastic cards. Anyways, a great deal for good cards at like $19.
My cards fan easily and I've shuffled them several times, in fact they slide easily and I like that. I don't know why it doesn't in your case

Get a refund. You have a marked deck. An experienced eye can pick out those face cards in the deck based on the different shades of color the stock seem to be. This could a huge problem if you use these in a game.

Get a refund. You have a marked deck. An experienced eye can pick out those face cards in the deck based on the different shades of color the stock seem to be. This could a huge problem if you use these in a game.
If you are referring to the color change looking at the edges, I think it is due to use, I would have to compare to make sure, but it seems to me that there are currently more cards with color change on the edges due to use. The cards were given to me as a gift and I won't be using them with professionals or playing for money, so I don't think a refund is necessary

If you are referring to the color change looking at the edges, I think it is due to use, I would have to compare to make sure, but it seems to me that there are currently more cards with color change on the edges due to use. The cards were given to me as a gift and I won't be using them with professionals or playing for money, so I don't think a refund is necessary
Oh ok, I had been under the impression you received the deck like that.

Very detailed review. I played with copags in my home game for about 12 years so even seeing the pips gives me fond memories.

I don’t play with copags often anymore but they are still quality cards. My biggest issue with them is that the ink fades with use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom