Classic poker chips shipping to the UK (1 Viewer)

Lonestarr91

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi has anyone had an order from classic poker chips shipped to the uk ?
What was the cost overall including any import fees and experience
Thanks

Looking to get a set of rounders chips

Here's the breakdown of my recent purchase.

1693604984853.png

As for the experience, David is great, so responsive.

The most painful parts were waiting 6 months (you won't have that if they are stock chips), waiting when they were in customs (you will have that bit sadly), then having to pay the customs bill (again, you'll have that bit too).

Well worth the wait though! https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-wasps-nest-cpc-csq.105856/post-2205857

If you know anyone in the US, you could also reduce the tax and shipping costs I expect.

View attachment 1189175

The most painful parts were waiting 6 months (you won't have that if they are stock chips), waiting when they were in customs (you will have that bit sadly), then having to pay the customs bill (again, you'll have that bit too).

Well worth the wait though! https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-wasps-nest-cpc-csq.105856/post-2205857

Just curious, what is the "extra" fee?

Last edited:
Is the tax payable VAT or import taxes? I was of the understanding UK customers didnt have to pay import taxes as CPC had a UK registered division.
Sadly not, that might have been the case previously but the charges are VAT and import fees.

FYI—You can likely avoid the paypal fee by mailing them a check. At least that works in the US.

Is the tax payable VAT or import taxes? I was of the understanding UK customers didnt have to pay import taxes as CPC had a UK registered division.
There are no import fees/duty, but there is VAT on imports.

If CPC (UK) imported them, they could avoid 20% VAT (i.e. claim it back). However, when they then sold them to the UK end user/customer, they would need to charge the customer 20% VAT. Therefore, there is no way around it as the end user/customer - you either pay the HMRC directly or CPC (UK) charge you for it and pass it on to HMRC.

B*&^%$ds :mad:.

There are no import fees/duty, but there is VAT on imports.

If CPC (UK) imported them, they could avoid 20% VAT (i.e. claim it back). However, when they then sold them to the UK end user/customer, they would need to charge the customer 20% VAT. Therefore, there is no way around it as the end user/customer - you either pay the HMRC directly or CPC (UK) charge you for it and pass it on to HMRC.

B*&^%$ds :mad:.
I thought there was a nominal fee for importing too. Not much, the VAT is the majority of course.

I was too excited to care, I just turned up at the Parcelforce depo as soon as they were ready.

Futurama Buy GIF

FYI—You can likely avoid the paypal fee by mailing them a check. At least that works in the US.
I don’t recall there being options available other than PP or personal check.

I paid for my last CPC order via wire transfer (from Switzerland), thus avoiding the PP/credit card fee with CPC.

Just ask David for the bank details.

View attachment 1189175

If you know anyone in the US, you could also reduce the tax and shipping costs I expect.
Thanks for the reply, who is David and is he cpc uk based ? Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom