Circus Limit (1 Viewer)

RocAFella1

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I love playing pot limit circus games but I was wondering which circus games play well as a limit game. Pot mfer in Scarney has a very different effect, particularly in later action, as compared to a 4 bet cap.

Most circus games play well as a limit betting game.

So many split pot games turn into nut peddling situations when the bets get big. You can wait patiently all night for that one hand where you hold the lock on one side and a draw for the other half. Hit that draw and make your entire night on one lucky hand - or if you are on the wrong side of the draw you lose a 500+bb stack on a two outer.

Limit betting changes all of that. There isn't a single big hand that determines the whole session. Everyone has to mix it up with medium strength hands. Lots more aggression and multi-way hands.

Also, limit betting structures shrink the skill advantage / increase the effect of luck. Limit betting is far better when teaching new games. No one loses their stack because the rules weren't clear. Or because someone is drunk / stoned / sleepy.

There are plenty of times when big bet poker is best. But not so much with circus games at meat-ups.

DrStrange

So many split pot games turn into nut peddling situations when the bets get big. You can wait patiently all night for that one hand where you hold the lock on one side and a draw for the other half. Hit that draw and make your entire night on one lucky hand - or if you are on the wrong side of the draw you lose a 500+bb stack on a two outer.
I agree with this but this is also assuming that players aren’t splashy and just waiting for the nuts all night.

Also, limit betting structures shrink the skill advantage / increase the effect of luck.
I think this is what makes some circus games less enjoyable to me when played limit. Circus games are meant to be wild with big hands but they are less exciting to me when it becomes a game of bingo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom