Chip with one side hotstamped, one side inlayed, exist/possible? (1 Viewer)

TheOffalo

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Are there chips out there where one side is inlayed and one side is hotstamped?

Would CPC be able to make them, or at least one side inlayed and one side blank so that they could be hotstamped by a third party?

If a chip with inlays on both sides had one side murdered/milled, could that be hotstamped or would that be too risky because of the recess making it a thinner chip?

Also, random aside question, has anyone ever taken blank, no-mold clay chips and hotstamped their own “mold” onto them?

Would CPC be able to make them, or at least one side inlayed and one side blank so that they could be hotstamped by a third party?

If a chip with inlays on both sides had one side murdered/milled, could that be hotstamped or would that be too risky because of the recess making it a thinner chip?

Also, random aside question, has anyone ever taken blank, no-mold clay chips and hotstamped their own “mold” onto them?
I think there has been a member that hotstamped a murdered chip, but in general I think the recess would be problematic. Most hotstamps ive seen have a center that is on the same plane as the edge (no recess).

Interesting idea to make a mold, but the issue I see is the melted clay needs somewhere to go. Whenever the hotstamp goes deep enough, it makes those ridges or blobs of plastic on the edges of the stamp that rise up. That extra clay may get a bit messy.

Once upon a time I asked for a chip to be inlaid on one side and blank on the other. David told me it wasn't possible. Has to be inlay on both sides or no inlay at all.

So I doubt CPC would ever do it. But if you had a hot stamped chip, milling one side and tossing in a Gear is totally possible. I've done it for a few people who wanted a before/after chip to show friends.

So I doubt CPC would ever do it. But if you had a hot stamped chip, milling one side and tossing in a Gear is totally possible. I've done it for a few people who wanted a before/after chip to show friends.

How did you feel about the end result? Do you think they would look/play well? I have a hotstamped set arriving today that I was actually thinking of doing this to mill out the random initials on one side.

PXL_20220414_175719261~2.jpg

How did you feel about the end result? Do you think they would look/play well? I have a hotstamped set arriving today that I was actually thinking of doing this to mill out the random initials on one side.
I think they would play fine. You'd really wanna find the sweet spot in depth to get the replacement inlay level to make the chip seem "normal", as too deep would make it a little too obvious, but I think done right it would work and play just fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom