GB Completed China Chip Racks- January 2023 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are any extra 43mm racks or if anyone ordered a few extra, looking for 4. Realized my CPCs don't fit the 39mm racks sadly.

If not I'll jump in the next one!

Please let me know when you do another, I've got tons of PGI 8vs that need racks to store them in.
FYI, you probably already know this, but your PGI 8Vs will only fit 19 to a barrel in these racks... :cry:

I have them slanting backwards in this pic so you can see there is just a tiny gap.

20230111_005246.jpg

@justincarothers What’s the best way to get notified about another group buy for these? Just follow you?
Or put an alert for new threads on the group buy forum. You might be surprised at how few new threads actually pop up— shouldn’t be too annoying at all. That’s what I did to watch for this one.

Which racks are the appropriate size for China Clay Pharaoh’s? I totally wanna be in on the next group buy! =)

I wanted to throw this out there how these racks fit into cases. I got 1000 chips (43mm racks) into an Apache 3800. Fits nearly perfect with only a very slight wiggle, which is not noticeable. I have 600 43mm and 400 39mm chips, all CMs. Yeah, the 39mm chips wobble a bit, but I doesn't bother me.

I didn't use either of the middle foam pads = not having to buy a dozen bottles of plasti dip that cost more than the case itself nor did I have to pluck any foam. For now, I just put some styrofoam up front and notched out a place to grab the middle rack. I will see how I like this configuration and save the foam for later if I ever want to change it up. Easy enough to have 2 configurations since no foam is needed in one of them.

I don't care about being able to put cards, cut cards, buttons, etc in the case. Those are easy enough to carry separately. I always want to have a set up backup cards and 4 decks wouldn't fit.

Also, I read somewhere that after time foam can mess up the chips. Glad I don't have to worry about that with these enclosed racks.

20230131_150340.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to throw this out there how these racks fit into cases. I got 1000 chips (43mm racks) into an Apache 3800. Fits nearly perfect with only a very slight wiggle, which is not noticeable. I have 600 43mm and 400 39mm chips, all CMs. Yeah, the 39mm chips wobble a bit, but I doesn't bother me.

I didn't use either of the middle foam pads = not having to buy a dozen bottles of plasti dip that cost more than the case itself nor did I have to pluck any foam. For now, I just put some styrofoam up front and notched out a place to grab the middle rack. I will see how I like this configuration and save the foam for later if I ever want to change it up. Easy enough to have 2 configurations since no foam is needed in one of them.

I don't care about being able to put cards, cut cards, buttons, etc in the case. Those are easy enough to carry separately. I always want to have a set up backup cards and 4 decks wouldn't fit.

Also, I read somewhere that after time foam can mess up the chips. Glad I don't have to worry about that with these enclosed racks.

View attachment 1070466
Good to know. That looks like a pretty decent fit. I suspect this would also work with the 39/40mm racks as they are the same width, just shorter in length and height. For a longer term solution, I would probably purchase some high density closed cell foam padding and fit some at both the bottom and the top. (front and back in your pics)

And just to clarify to any n00bs reading this, the comment about needing 12 cans of plasti dip was a pretty extreme exaggeration. I plasti dipped both levels of foam on all sides in my 3800 with two cans. Couple spots are a bit thin, but 3 cans max will easily do it.

Last edited:
And just to clarity to any n00bs reading this, the comment about needing 12 cans of plasti dip was a pretty extreme exaggeration. I plasti dipped both levels of foam on all sides in my 3800 with two cans. Couple spots are a bit thin, but 3 cans max will easily do it.

Two cans was more than enough for all the layers of my 4800. I found that when I sprayed it from a closer range and soaked the foam it seemed to need a lot less coats. It would get pretty rubbery after drying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom