Check ins... (2 Viewers)

Glad to hear you are starting to recover. When the doctors fail, naturopaths and chip pron are the way to go.

In fact, chip pron is always the way to go...

You can't kill the motherfucking Chicken. You might slim him down a bit, but you can't kill the motherfucker.

Glad to hear your doctors are pretty broads. Probably just the right height for some titties in the face when they did their rounds, too.

Nothing but good thoughts and positivity, Rob. I hope you're on a steady upward trajectory now and I can't wait until you can come back and slow down the game again. :)

Yeah it was scary going from daily communications to full stoppage when all this crap was going down. We all need us some chicken in our life.

I'm sure you won't be able to marathon but it would be great for all of us to see you at BBBBBB. Great news on the up and up.

Chicken.png

Hang in there.
Its great to have family to help out when these things happen. I had an injury years ago that the doctors said was disableing and career ending. I moved in with my parents for the lengthy rehab period and actually developed a much better relationship with my father.
It can be so frustrating to be sick but rejoyce in every bit of improvement and continue to fight.

Wow. Sorry to hear about your troubles Rob.

I hope that you continue swift and fast down the road to recovery.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Get well soon.

Very glad to hear you're doing better, Rob. We miss you, both here on the boards, and in the greater NE poker games. Keep up the recovery, and I hope to see you next month.

Brag: my bone marrow biopsy was negative for bad things
Beat: I had to have a bone marrow biopsy
Variance: now I need a colonoscopy.

So one last big test. Fortunately it should be easier on me than the biopsy. Still not looking forward to it.

I have made huge strides just yesterday. For 2 days in a row, I've probably had about 2000 calories/day. I am hungry a lot, and the food is going down without discomfort.

@ssanel54 i ate about 2/3 of a rotisserie chicken 3-4 days ago. Chicken is one of the easiest to digest proteins, and I just kept going. It was a smaller organic bird, but my parents are now calling me chicken rob.

Getting all those calories in is making me feel better. Stronger.

I have a tentative return to work date of February 29. Leap day. I'll be working from remote at my parents house. I think it's realistic.

I still have some healing to do, and need to rehab the frozen shoulder before I resume weight training, but I really am getting back my brain and mental energy endurance and I feel more like myself than like a patient. I really hit a tipping point.

If this new rate of progress continues I just might make some of the BBotB.

I love the outpouring of support, but really am not surprised, as this is a really great community. Even though I'm not surprised, it means a lot. You guys are great. Thanks for all your positive thoughts and kind words. They really make a difference and help keep the positive attitude going.

Thanks for all your positive thoughts and kind words. They really make a difference and help keep the positive attitude going.

I'm sure you know this one even if you haven't heard it in a while, Rob, but keep that PMA.

image.jpg
So tomorrow is my last big test: colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. Since I'm still a little slow climbing stairs, my dad put a sign on the downstairs bathroom door to instruct the guests coming for dinner while I'm in the middle of my prep.

Their all having chicken Parmesan in my honor.

Well yesterday was the endoscopy and colonoscopy. Prep was a breeze. Procedure went smoothly. No signs of anything of concern. Don't need another colonoscopy for 10 more years.

They took a couple biopsies to test for bacterial infection and celiac disease. I know I'm gluten sensitive, and already eat gluten free, so learning I have celiac won't change things really. and I'll be surprised if I have a bacterial infection as I just had some heavy IV and oral antibiotics while in the hospital because of pneumonia.

So I'm expecting no life altering news, which is a good thing. I keep getting stronger and feeling better. I remain optimistic for a full recovery.

I continue making progress, slow and bumpy is the journey, but progress in general.

My doctors thought lead poisoning might be involved based on the symptoms. Got tested Friday. Found out 2 hours ago, no lead poisoning!

I really wanted that test to be negative. I hope we don't discover something worse that makes me wish it's what it was... But for now I'm feeling relieved.

Awesome to hear.

So, am I reading it right that they still have no clue what is making you feel like this? So crazy to me that on one hand medical science is mind blowing with how far we've came, on the other it terrifies me that there are still soooo many things that make everybody go "lol I dunno". Such a weird thought to me for some reason...

Awesome to hear.

So, am I reading it right that they still have no clue what is making you feel like this? So crazy to me that on one hand medical science is mind blowing with how far we've came, on the other it terrifies me that there are still soooo many things that make everybody go "lol I dunno". Such a weird thought to me for some reason...
I learned a very sobering statistic while I was in the hospital. They say we are capable of diagnosing an estimated 35% of the things that afflict us. Great news when you're circling the drain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom