Check ins... (1 Viewer)

Having made frequent doctor visits over the last 5 years, the 35% stat sounds about right. I've been misdiagnosed multiple times before the correct diagnosis finally came along. I guess if you get a "standard" illness, then cool - we can treat that. Get something that afflicts 1 in 100,000 or 1 in a million, and it's going to take a lot of doctors to figure you out.

IBM's Watson is really changing the game though. As it goes online in more and more locations, it is able to identify more and more ailments without making a lot of assumptions based on the doctor's specialty. (I once went in for tennis-elbow the doctor was 100% sure it was carpal-tunnel, a specialty of his, that presents similar symptoms. He did the Carpal tunnel surgery, the tennis elbow continued to worsen. Turns out that he was wrong, and that I - a tennis player - had tennis elbow).

Hopefully whatever you have gets discovered and also winds up in the Watson databank and helps cure future victims.

Even better, if you have something new - I hope they name it "Chicken's Disease".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom