Hello Also From NYC.... (2 Viewers)

Ciuccio

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I see we have a few new NY members here....I'll add myself to that list.

Been a while since I've been buying chips. Picked up a small set of Crystal Parks from back in the ChipTalk days, and sadly sold them off when I went to law school. Now I can actually afford chips so trying to build a set again (and my oh my have they gone up....).

Looking forward to lurking around the site!

Cheers,
Nick

Welcome! Wow an OG Chip Talker.

Yeah, prices have gone up quite a bit since the CT days. But there are way more options now from Tina reproductions for the budget conscious to complicated spot patterned custom CPC sets. And the relabeling industry has also taken off so you can refurbish old, boring chips that have no historical value to make custom masterpieces.

Good luck on your re-trip down the rabbit hole!

Welcome! Wow an OG Chip Talker.

Yeah, prices have gone up quite a bit since the CT days. But there are way more options now from Tina reproductions for the budget conscious to complicated spot patterned custom CPC sets. And the relabeling industry has also taken off so you can refurbish old, boring chips that have no historical value to make custom masterpieces.

Good luck on your re-trip down the rabbit hole!
Thanks! Yes, will certainly need to look more broadly at the market, have seen some really cool CPC stuff out there!

1. Welcome. You certainly have come to the right place to lighten the wallet.
    rabbit hole.jpg

Hell's Kitchen here --

Welcome… I was on 37th between 9th and 10th in the 1990s. Pretty scuzzy at the time, but there was great authentic Italian food nearby and farmers’ markets. Some people attempted to rebrand the neighborhood Clinton, but I don’t think it stuck. Wish I’d been a poker player back then!

Welcome… I was on 37th between 9th and 10th in the 1990s. Pretty scuzzy at the time, but there was great authentic Italian food nearby and farmers’ markets. Some people attempted to rebrand the neighborhood Clinton, but I don’t think it stuck. Wish I’d been a poker player back then!
hahah not sure how long its been since you were back but I’m pretty sure there’s a 3-Michelin star restaurant there now….

hahah not sure how long its been since you were back but I’m pretty sure there’s a 3-Michelin star restaurant there now….

Yeah, they torn down the two-story cinderblock garage where I lived (on the second floor) to put up a giant glass apartment building. Ditto with the Burger King on the corner.

Favorites back then were Manganaro’s (both Hero-Boy and the Grocery), Supreme Macaroni Co., and Bellevue’s. All within a few blocks on 9th.

Lots of great dive bars back then, too, all of which I assume are long gone.

I see we have a few new NY members here....I'll add myself to that list.
Welcome from Yorkville!
Picked up a small set of Crystal Parks from back in the ChipTalk days, and sadly sold them off when I went to law school.
In my final semester of law school... Haven't played poker since 1L (I wonder why my grades improved). Glad to have you on PCF!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom