Ceramic producers color matching (1 Viewer)

MeridianFC

Flush
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the available ceramic producers (Tina, Sunfly, and BR Pro) can color match more or less exactly. Or at least very, very close? That is if I have a specific Pantone color they could get within a few degrees of it?

Good luck - my previous experience has been no, but get samples.

I have add-on orders from the same printer using the same art files that are no where near very, very close.

Does anyone know if the available ceramic producers (Tina, Sunfly, and BR Pro) can color match more or less exactly. Or at least very, very close? That is if I have a specific Pantone color they could get within a few degrees of it?
Do you have a physical object which is in pantone? You could send it to BrPro and ask if they can print a couple of chips and try to match it.

And the issue is not just the printer that’s producing them. Pantone is a completely different system of printing compared to the 4-color or 6-color used in ceramic chips.
Pantone inks are actual mixed colors, similar to a car paint is mixed to the final desired color, and applied at 100%.
4-color and 6-color process use a series of very small dots that “mix” at a distance by your eyes.
There are many colors that simulate Pantone colors, but there’s plenty that do not. Blues are notoriously difficult to get bright in 4-color process. Pantone metallics and dayglo are also impossible to recreate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom