Ceramic chips.. (1 Viewer)

That's probably true. But they wouldn't match other existing NJ Skulls (or Desert Sands), if wanting to expand a current set, or wanting to later sell to somebody else who owned originals.

Very true - they won't match. You'd need to ensure that you would never need to add-on to it later or sell them to someone else. I'd never go this route unless I was going to sell my set and start with another one. However, since @Lototo is starting with nothing, this could be an option.

If a magic genie said, "Hey, I can snap my fingers right now and you could have your NJ Skulls on the same type of blank that your DDLMs are on", I'd take it in a heartbeat. My set doesn't need expansion and I'm never letting it go.

I purchased a set of Tiki Kings as my starter set and couldn’t be happier with them.

I will say they are probably .5mm to 1mm smaller than the Majestic and Milano samples I got. You don’t really notice it while playing, but putting one on top of the other, it is clear.

Very true - they won't match. You'd need to ensure that you would never need to add-on to it later or sell them to someone else. I'd never go this route unless I was going to sell my set and start with another one. However, since @Lototo is starting with nothing, this could be an option.

If a magic genie said, "Hey, I can snap my fingers right now and you could have your NJ Skulls on the same type of blank that your DDLMs are on", I'd take it in a heartbeat. My set doesn't need expansion and I'm never letting it go.
I will look it up because there are many words I don’t know
Is it different story is the Nevada jack of br pro and abc different ?
Or is it the same?
I want to make it as cheap as possible because the shipping cost is high..
Br pro Nevada jack 0.65$
Abc gift Nevada jack 0.5$

I purchased a set of Tiki Kings as my starter set and couldn’t be happier with them.

I will say they are probably .5mm to 1mm smaller than the Majestic and Milano samples I got. You don’t really notice it while playing, but putting one on top of the other, it is clear.
Actually, the Tiki Kings are the 'right' size at 39mm, and the cheaper Chinese chips are larger. Most chips made in China are 40mm.

@Lototo I just realized you are in Japan. I am in Aomori, if you would like I can send or black cat samples far more quickly. I have an assortment of sample sets, mainly ceramic. More than shown here.

20200215_134030.jpg

Ceramics are very durable, so you shouldn't have to worry about them unless you like to ritually run over them with a backhoe after every weekly game or something. Likely the only thing more durable is a high quality plastic.
I have a custom chipco set. Over 15 years old and have seen a lot of play. They are perfectly fine and still useable after all these years. They are great chips.

Attachments

• 8B888170-566B-4AC7-9E34-76E501E9CD82.jpeg
    8B888170-566B-4AC7-9E34-76E501E9CD82.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 110
I just got 3 sample sets from BRPro/ABC - The Valentinos, Valentino High Rollers, and the High Stakes Poker chips. I've been shuffling them at my desk all week during work. They are beautiful and feel great! I think I'd go for brighter colors than the Valentinos offer.

The other thing to consider is edgespot alignment - for me, I think I would want aligned edgespots. And I know that one benefit of ceramics is that you can print on the whole face, but I'm a sucker for a good edgespot (WSOP Paulson main set, Aria cash set, Aurora Stars)

I've always liked the look of the Lucky Dragon ceramics. And for 5 cents more per chip, you can get each denomination in the color you want, instead of going with the standard colors.

That's a very good point. I was putting off buying these because the 1000 yellow chip is amazingly similar to the 5000 yellow chip(!). I'll never know how they let that happen.

Seems to be a common thing with ceramics as seen in the Nile Club 1's and 1000's (not that many people would consider those)...

Attachments

• IMG-20200424-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20200424-WA0000.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 107

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom