Caution adviced when dealing with this member (13 Viewers)

He sold me almost $2500 of PNYs that have been sitting in Amsterdam since Jun 1 and were supposed to be shipped at the beginning of May. Tried texting him over the last few days but haven't heard back. Now that I see all of this, I no longer feel bad mentioning my experience.

Poppin tried his best to get me to pay not over PayPal, but over some cockamamie payment app called Revolut. He refunded my PayPal payment saying there was a problem with his paypal, before trying to get me to send it over Revolut. I thought nothing of it until now. At this point, though, I assume the worst.

If anyone else was sold PNYs by Poppin, please let me know. This is tremendously upsetting; even though I have a tracking number, quite frankly I don't trust there's anything in the package. I'm 24 years old, I can't just lose $2.5k. If anyone wants to take a group trip to the Netherlands, I have his address.

He sold me almost $2500 of PNYs that have been sitting in Amsterdam since Jun 1 and were supposed to be shipped at the beginning of May. Tried texting him over the last few days but haven't heard back. Now that I see all of this, I no longer feel bad mentioning my experience.

Poppin tried his best to get me to pay not over PayPal, but over some cockamamie payment app called Revolut. He refunded my PayPal payment saying there was a problem with his paypal, before trying to get me to send it over Revolut. I thought nothing of it until now. At this point, though, I assume the worst.

If anyone else was sold PNYs by Poppin, please let me know. This is tremendously upsetting; even though I have a tracking number, quite frankly I don't trust there's anything in the package. I'm 24 years old, I can't just lose $2.5k. If anyone wants to take a group trip to the Netherlands, I have his address.
Eurgh, this absolutely sucks — as do all of the stories in this thread, quite frankly. FWIW, Revolut is a completely legit app / banking system, but I'm not sure whether it offers you the same protections (as the buyer) as PP. Hope you get made whole somehow, dude.

If he's banned does that mean thats it then? No recourse?

I believe he is gone for good now…??
C5EDEAE2-A4BE-4CB1-9588-F78A7CFA831A.png

I believe he is gone for good now…??
View attachment 718778
Yeah, he's perma-banned afaik. He's around on another site, but has put a few people he owes chips to on ignore from the looks of it, but is in contact with some others. Frankly, at this point, I'm not expecting that I'll be receiving anything from the Netherlands... at least not any poker chips.

Yeah, he's perma-banned afaik. He's around on another site, but has put a few people he owes chips to on ignore from the looks of it, but is in contact with some others. Frankly, at this point, I'm not expecting that I'll be receiving anything from the Netherlands... at least not any poker chips.
There’s another site for poker chips?

I know this is well down the tracks to derailment, but regardless of the fact this deal Came together in the end I’d be very wary doing business with said individual due to the other history here.

These threads are important imo. I have very little feedback here, but I consider it important based on my experience in other forums.
I fucking said it back in December. I still can't believe how many solid members defended this guy. For the last couple of months I was always wondering how he had slipped right back into the fold here and people just accepted it. His initial deal with Eriks was a massive red flag, Poppin clearly didn't see what he did wrong, and only made it whole because it was public. I have sympathy for you guys who were screwed, however, everyone was warned through this thread and instead made it into one big joke.

Reading through past history and talking to members there are a couple of times scammer/poor business dealings have gone unpunished and there should be a zero tolerance policy towards that behavior.

Poppin92 is banned. I've been working with a group of folks who have all purchased from him, he has gone radio silent for the most part. He was PMing with me, but got pretty rude and told me to mind my own business. I was just trying to connect folks with him. I think were up to about 15 18 folks that have bought chips from him, he has claimed he shipped the chips for some and the others will ship "tomorrow" (it's going on well over two weeks of tomorrows)
He refuses to offer refunds, and has neglected to open inquiries for folks with delayed packages, some over 30 days of no movement.
I will be working to post and gather more info to provide publicly, and to help the members whom are at a loss. He has been emailing some folks via his paypal email, but we've discovered he has multiple email accounts and multiple addresses. He also has claimed that the shipping is not his problem, and all buyers assumed the risk.
In my opinion, this member should never be allowed to return to the forum.

If any one else is at a loss due to this member, please reach out to me I will add you to the list and catalog your "purchases" we are beginning to see some duplicate sales.

Last edited:
Poppin92 is banned. I've been working with a group of folks who have all purchased from him, he has gone radio silent for the most part. He was PMing with me, but got pretty rude and told me to mind my own business. I was just trying to connect folks with him. I think were up to about 15 folks that have bought chips from him, he has claimed he shipped the chips for some and the others will ship "tomorrow" (it's going on well over two weeks of tomorrows)
He refuses to offer refunds, and has neglected to open inquiries for folks with delayed packages, some over 30 days of no movement.
I will be working to post and gather more info to provide publicly, and to help the members whom are at a loss. He has been emailing some folks via his paypal email, but we've discovered he has multiple email accounts and multiple addresses. He also has claimed that the shipping is not his problem, and all buyers assumed the risk.
In my opinion, this member should never be allowed to return to the forum.

If any one else is at a loss due to this member, please reach out to me I will add you to the list and catalog your "purchases" we are beginning see some duplicate sales.
Thank you once again Brie for jumping in and helping out the community unselfishly. I hope you enjoy the Jersey meetup!

Now I wish I posted my interaction with him, from a few months ago. Nothing earth shattering; more of the same, but maybe one more story would have convinced somebody not to deal with him.

I posted chips for sale
He said he'd take them
Then he said he was having paypal problems, but he'd honor his dibs.
Then he said a different member, one who posted 'backup' on the chips, would pay on his behalf.
Then he warned me not to take payment from that other member.
Then he finally told me just to sell them to the other guy.

This was after all the prior shennanigans in this thread - after he'd supposedly come to jesus, or whatever.
Big PITA, that guy.

He has $400 in chips that he never sent me. I am out money also….not the same as you but it still stings.

Now I wish I posted my interaction with him, from a few months ago. Nothing earth shattering; more of the same, but maybe one more story would have convinced somebody not to deal with him.

I posted chips for sale
He said he'd take them
Then he said he was having paypal problems, but he'd honor his dibs.
Then he said a different member, one who posted 'backup' on the chips, would pay on his behalf.
Then he warned me not to take payment from that other member.
Then he finally told me just to sell them to the other guy.

This was after all the prior shennanigans in this thread - after he'd supposedly come to jesus, or whatever.
Big PITA, that guy.
Same and that was after he (well another member on his behalf) had paid me.

I would never make a one-off like this public but maybe in hindsight this is where I should have used the neutral feedback. Then again I feel like doing that could have gotten me a backlash and I feel is part of the reason why no one really uses the feedback system properly.

Same and that was after he (well another member on his behalf) had paid me.

I would never make a one-off like this public but maybe in hindsight this is where I should have used the neutral feedback. Then again I feel like doing that could have gotten me a backlash and I feel is part of the reason why no one really uses the feedback system properly.
True if you give neutral or negative feedback, the other person is likely to do it for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom