Cash Box replacement (1 Viewer)

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So for years I've had the old cheap metal 4 bill cash box. Has 4 slots for bills and coins above. I'm sure you've seen it at any neighborhood yard sale. Well it's becoming a pain because we tend to have much more cash at our games so I'd like to upgrade to a 5 bill or larger cash box. I've seen the drawers that go with point of sale registers but I'd rather avoid those if possible. I'm needing something that locks and is portable and can hold at least 5 different bills. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks!

So for years I've had the old cheap metal 4 bill cash box. Has 4 slots for bills and coins above. I'm sure you've seen it at any neighborhood yard sale. Well it's becoming a pain because we tend to have much more cash at our games so I'd like to upgrade to a 5 bill or larger cash box. I've seen the drawers that go with point of sale registers but I'd rather avoid those if possible. I'm needing something that locks and is portable and can hold at least 5 different bills. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks!
I know this isn't what you want to hear but with your demands on cash and size I don't see how you avoid it. They do have some that are manual open only and those will be cheaper (they don't have the electronics) but let's be honest about your size demands here

I never found a 5 bill cash box that didn't have coin slots. There are plenty on Amazon, but they all have the coin slots and are useless to me.

So I now use a bank bag for poker night and keep all my change in the custom box my guys had made for me. I buy in for $200 with all small bills.

I typically just load my money into online accounts. I don’t know what @CraigT78 does with it.

He always talks about all the chips he gets for the games, but I’ve never really used them and I play in his game damn near every night!

How about the Sentry Safe dcb1?

4 actual bill slots on top but the tray has a slot that can hold a 5th bill type.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-095325.png
    Screenshot_20210309-095325.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 104
Okay so I seriously have a 5 slot sentry safe for home games and I keep the key safe. Apparently, I keep it too safe cause we haven’t played in over a year now thanks to Covid. I thought the key to the safe was in my other safe, but now it’s not. I guess my safe isn’t very safe.

Now I am on a quest to locate the missing keys.

I never found a 5 bill cash box that didn't have coin slots. There are plenty on Amazon, but they all have the coin slots and are useless to me.

So I now use a bank bag for poker night and keep all my change in the custom box my guys had made for me. I buy in for $200 with all small bills.
Our guys love the smaller blinds like .25/.50 or .50/1.00 but our game plays more like 1/3. I get too much pissing and moaning if I mention raising the blinds. So I do end up using the change. I keep at least $5-$10 in quarters just out of pocket change and everytime we play I use some. So the coin slots don't bother me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom