Cases vs Racks - Which is better? (2 Viewers)

Meowerdoom

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a noob on the forum and to be honest I don't even really have that many chips to store at this point. I am thinking though of bumping up my collection to 1000 chips and would therefore need to increase my storage capacity. I have a 500 chip case for the chips that I already have and I'm getting 500 more of the same set but different denominations (one tournament and one cash).

Should I just keep the one case and buy a few racks for storing the other set when it's not in use and cycle the sets in and out if need be, or just buy another case?
What should I do if I increase the number of chips I have even more in the future?

I use a combination of both. Racks in bird cages for prominent display of the super cool chips. Cases for that night’s set/chips in play, for travel and for non-display storage of full sets. And then racks in the cabinet to hold any extra misc chips.

In your situation I’d prob go with two smaller 600-chip bird cages - one cash and one tourney. Gives you a bit of room to expand, they travel well and allows you to show off the pretty chippies when not in use.

You’ll find the full spectrum here, and it really all depends on your situation. You’ll find beautiful LED-lit custom wood cabinets, stacks of cases on the floor, chips in plastic racks stored in a cabinets, vintage drawers with long wooden racks, and more….

There was at least one thread discussing long term storage of chips in plastic racks, when the chips are resting on the upper edge of the tray as opposed to snuggly fitting in the bottom.

I bought a travel case I’ve never used. I made some space in a cabinet and keep my chips in a combination of the cardboard boxes that ship with CPC sets and plastic racks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom