CARDS MOLD SHOWCASE! (5 Viewers)

Pretty sure Tina & Co. are using entirely new blanks but on the plus side the colors are much deeper and more vibrant on these. Starlites are from the original run. Aria is current just received.

New chips are a tad thinner, a little lighter, a little more rounded on the edges, and need calipers to confirm but slightly smaller diameter I think as well.

2675-CA48-9-C50-42-F4-8-F8-D-ACBAAA3-DAAF8.jpg

B05-A0458-35-EB-4395-A02-A-5894-A16-C26-E2.jpg

CD6-AA1-B3-DD91-43-CA-BE6-F-6-FE36-DB73-AC7.jpg
The T5000 is just like my cash set I got first, and the $1 is just like the Vegas Poker Series set I just received.

I thought i remember seeing before either Tina or someone else saying they're trying out a new blank, which in this casewould be this $1 chip stack being. These however tend to be more slippery and tend to spin more easily.

The T5000 is just like my cash set I got first, and the $1 is just like the Vegas Poker Series set I just received.

I thought i remember seeing before either Tina or someone else saying they're trying out a new blank, which in this casewould be this $1 chip stack being. These however tend to be more slippery and tend to spin more easily.
Starlites shown there were among the first ever cards mold chips ordered here at PCF. I think the other vendor used a different blank. I’d wager the same as these.

The original cards mold shown here aren’t slippery at all.

ah man I like sharper corners. the thickness is probably to small to even notice unless compared. Do the new Aria's fit in a paulson rack? How's the weight? I guess the better colors is a good trade-off. Thanks for the news.
Yeah I don’t think thickness is too terribly noticeable. The smaller diameter definitely makes them feel much less substantial though. I’ll weigh a barrel in a bit. They feel noticeably lighter or maybe it’s just the size difference playing tricks.

But yeah the grippiness and colors are great. They fit ok in a Paulson rack. Quite a bit more loose than the OG though.

Starlites shown there were among the first ever cards mold chips ordered here at PCF. I think the other vendor used a different blank. I’d wager the same as these.

The original cards mold shown here aren’t slippery at all.
Agreed, mine I first received weren't either. But I ordered and received additional cash chips and were the exact same as the rest of the cash set. So both were from Tina when I received both earlier this year.

I honestly was disappointed at first but now I’m not sure which I actually prefer. The new blanks feel “cheaper” for sure but the grip is damn good and the look/colors are insane. Trade offs for both options but gun to my head I think I take the new bike tire version over the OG. The nipples are also less noticeable on the new blanks too

Last edited:
I honestly was disappointed at first but now I’m not sure which I actually prefer. The new blanks feel “cheaper” for sure but the grip is damn good and the look/colors are insane. Trade offs for both options but gun to my head I think I take the new bike tire version over the OG. The nipples are also less noticeable on the new blanks
That will help with @ReallyGoodUsername and his deep rooted fear of nipples.

People doing add-on orders might be in for a surprise - me included :oops:
My first New China Club chips are NOT the same as my second batch of New China Club chips. I think the blanks were the same, but the print was much less vivid on the second batch, like the print heads were tired or ink was getting low or something. For what I paid, I couldn't care less, but if you want consistency with these chips, you need to get them all made in one order. Because they do vary.

I honestly was disappointed at first but now I’m not sure which I actually prefer. The new blanks feel “cheaper” for sure but the grip is damn good and the look/colors are insane. Trade offs for both options but gun to my head I think I take the new bike tire version over the OG. The nipples are also less noticeable on the new blanks too
I don’t have any of the “new cards mold” but I don’t find my cards mold to be slippery at all. There’s a bit of a texture/roughness and that allows me to stack chips perfectly.
I'd be more more happy with the trade-off if there were less spinners.
I just want to double check - is a spinner just another name for a warped chip? If so, all my cards molds are flat. Given the material (ceramic), I think warped chips should be relatively rare?

I don’t have any of the “new cards mold” but I don’t find my cards mold to be slippery at all. There’s a bit of a texture/roughness and that allows me to stack chips perfectly.

I just want to double check - is a spinner just another name for a warped chip? If so, all my cards molds are flat. Given the material (ceramic), I think warped chips should be relatively rare?
Depends on the quality control. Ceramics can have some spinners/slightly warped. Its not alot of them, but a noticable amount. It depends the manufacturer. I do have samples of card molds and a few spinners. I think the more expensive ceramics don't have spinners. You can go to Hobbyphilic's YouTube channel or this forum to learn a lot. So many chips available.

Agreed, mine I first received weren't either. But I ordered and received additional cash chips and were the exact same as the rest of the cash set. So both were from Tina when I received both earlier this year.

Did a comparison of the different card molds l mentioned. The turn the chips on the left have a lot more Spinners and seemed a bit more slick to moving around more than my cash chips, which were the more rounded edges and what I believed to be the first version of the blanks.

Not sure if you can hear, but they even sound different when you spin them. I'll do when I did a proper sound test, they sound nearly identical.

Pretty sure Tina & Co. are using entirely new blanks but on the plus side the colors are much deeper and more vibrant on these. Starlites are from the original run. Aria is current just received.

New chips are a tad thinner, a little lighter, a little more rounded on the edges, and need calipers to confirm but slightly smaller diameter I think as well.

2675-CA48-9-C50-42-F4-8-F8-D-ACBAAA3-DAAF8.jpg

B05-A0458-35-EB-4395-A02-A-5894-A16-C26-E2.jpg

CD6-AA1-B3-DD91-43-CA-BE6-F-6-FE36-DB73-AC7.jpg
I asked Tina about this today. Her responses was that no they were not using a chip that was a slightly different size. Here was here exact reply:

1632279150862.png

Now obviously you know who you ordered from, and I can see the visual evidence that the chips are not exactly the same size. To them, the dimensions must still be close enough to not throw off their printing equipment. Maybe she just doesn't realize that we are tenth degree degens who notice EVERYTHING!!! LOL! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I asked Tina about this today. Her responses was that no they were not using a chip that was a slightly different size. Here was here exact reply:

View attachment 781727

Now obviously you know who you ordered from, and I can see the visual evidence that the chips are not exactly the same size. To them, the dimensions must still be close enough to not throw off their printing equipment. Maybe she just doesn't realize that we are tenth degree degens who notice EVERYTHING!!! LOL! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
We are degens, but I guess the work culture over there is "different" so they care less maybe.

We don’t need to turn this into a let’s bash China fest. People all over the world work very hard and care about their work, I’m just sayin
Oh that's the point I was trying to make, but tried to make it sound vague so it wouldn't turn into a deeper topic. I didn't mean to come off as a bash if it seemed like it. Over-working in general is not a good mentality. The point I'm trying to make was it's not a surprise if something like this can happen given the conditions.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom