CARDS MOLD SHOWCASE! (3 Viewers)

Not excessive at all. Its fun having a set that will play as both cash and tourney if need be while maintaining chip exclusivity from a frac...to 1/2 game with the higher denoms reserved for big games or tourneys. Enjoy your new chips !

RZwGAir.jpg

Last edited:
What does this word mean?

See above and below ;)

Not excessive at all. Its fun having a set that will play as both cash and tourney if need be while maintaining chip exclusivity from a frac...to 1/2 game with the higher denoms reserved for big games our tourneys. Enjoy your new chips !

RZwGAir.jpg

Haha, love it!

I see chips, poker, and fun. I also see normal. Still not sure about this ‘excessive’ word…
Pretty sure it's a made up word. I've been here on PCF for a year and a half. I've definitely NEVER seen it used before. I think someone is messing with us.

I can make up words too, but it's more fun to make up nonsensical statements that no one would ever actually say. Like "no thank you. I don't need any more chips."

Agreed. This is good to know.

Edit: Considering these are both slightly thinner and slightly smaller in diameter, I'm actually pretty surprised they are the same weight.
Probably seeing +/- 0.05g in weight, and maybe differences in materials used compensate/offset the smaller size?

Either way, I think as long as a set is from the same batch there should be no issues. The difficulty lies with adding onto an existing set.

Probably seeing +/- 0.05g in weight, and maybe differences in materials used compensate/offset the smaller size?

Either way, I think as long as a set is from the same batch there should be no issues. The difficulty lies with adding onto an existing set.
It looks like I did get a bit of a mix in my set, particularly on my 1s and 5s. They're spilt roughly in half.

It looks like I did get a bit of a mix in my set, particularly on my 1s and 5s. They're spilt roughly in half.
:wow:o_O Wait, you’re saying you have a mix between old and new from the same production batch?

:wow:o_O Wait, you’re saying you have a mix between old and new from the same production batch?
It would seem that way. There is a minor height (older taller) and color difference, but the diameter seems the same. It's hard to capture with my shitty lighting but you can notice a difference in the paint inside the mold.

Old (???) right, new left
PXL_20210924_200827883.jpg

PXL_20210925_142526273.jpg
PXL_20210925_142654263.jpg
PXL_20210925_142642007.jpg

Just to be totally clear. I am not 100% positive these are the old mold run because I don't have any to compare against, but there is a difference between the, albeit slight.

It would seem that way. There is a minor height (older taller) and color difference, but the diameter seems the same. It's hard to capture with my shitty lighting but you can notice a difference in the paint inside the mold.

View attachment 785958
View attachment 785959View attachment 785960View attachment 785961

Just to be totally clear. I am not 100% positive these are the old mold run because I don't have any to compare against, but there is a difference between the, albeit slight.
I’m really sorry to see that. I’ll check my chips later today, but I think they’re the same height and colour…

For reference, I got my chips a few months ago.

View attachment 785958
View attachment 785959View attachment 785960View attachment 785961

I took a photo if the chips I shared a video comparison of days ago. Forgot to upload it but looking at them it looks like the new chips are slightly thicker than the older cash set I first received, which were the less spinning/slippery chips. Which I had put both sets right next to each other.

Attachments

• 20210919_151940.jpg
    20210919_151940.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 88
I’m really sorry to see that. I’ll check my chips later today, but I think they’re the same height and colour…

For reference, I got my chips a few months ago.
Hey man, it's all good. I'd still order again. I think some of my hundos and 25s vary height wise as well but I have so few of those compared to my 1s and 5s. So, it's good to know it could be a thing if you order but maybe not.

Reactions: khp
I took a photo if the chips I shared a video comparison of days ago. Forgot to upload it but looking at them it looks like the new chips are slightly thicker than the older cash set I first received, which were the less spinning/slippery chips. Which I had put both sets right next to each other.
I was under the impression the older run, or first runs, were slightly thicker, and more squared edges. I have spinners in all of my denoms pretty much.

Finally had a chance to check my chips (Tina cards mold purchased a few months ago) - within a denomination, barrel heights are flush. When comparing different denominations, most barrel heights are flush, but some have a slight slight difference, IMO within tolerance, and far less than the example pics shown by others.

Excited to finally get my chips. Ordered last year during the first GB, but was holding out on shipping until a cheaper option than DHL was available. However... Since they still only do DHL to Europe i was getting tired of waiting, and finally got them shipped regardless. Even if the shipping cost pretty much the same as the chips themselves.

Still a good deal though, so no worries. I was expecting them to be nice, but I'm still positively surprised at how nice they are. Shuffle great, colors are super nice and feel/weight is good.

I do have a feeling the $500s were from the last production run with different blanks potentially, although not sure yet. I know they were made substantially later than the other two denoms though, because they were printed with completely wrong colors the first time around and had to be remade. Anyways, some phone pron. Will take some proper photos in a few days!

DSC_0357.JPG

DSC_0360.JPG

DSC_0364.JPG
DSC_0367.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom