CARDS MOLD SHOWCASE! (3 Viewers)

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun making this set for my college buddies (non-chippers) so I was able to take some liberties. The chips are based on the heritage of the crew (Denmark, Scotland, Sri Lanka & India with the Union Jack to represent our common digs). Although I worked out the outlines, @timinater really brought them together to the final product, especially the edge spots on the hundo.

Now I just need to wait for Summer 2022 when we can all get back together in London for some cards!
On that note! Need more pics of the $100! These look awesome so far!

Taj Mahal cards mold v1 comparison against the real deal…

BB65FBCD-D096-4748-A6CC-1401331AC98F.jpeg
96300576-A904-4D12-8130-83E75EF41D5C.jpeg

A couple of arrivals from Tina landed today. “Canada Bird Cruise” cash & tournament sets for me and a custom set for a friend here in Zurich.

First impressions are pretty good - colours, edge spot alignment and general quality seems hard to complain about.

B98DFB34-2918-4339-957D-2FDF3D37D046.jpeg
066097F4-874D-4CDA-870A-AC775A80D870.jpeg
34BB85B2-FBF8-4709-88CB-46E528533A06.jpeg

Pretty sure Tina & Co. are using entirely new blanks but on the plus side the colors are much deeper and more vibrant on these. Starlites are from the original run. Aria is current just received.

New chips are a tad thinner, a little lighter, a little more rounded on the edges, and need calipers to confirm but slightly smaller diameter I think as well.

2675-CA48-9-C50-42-F4-8-F8-D-ACBAAA3-DAAF8.jpg

B05-A0458-35-EB-4395-A02-A-5894-A16-C26-E2.jpg

CD6-AA1-B3-DD91-43-CA-BE6-F-6-FE36-DB73-AC7.jpg

Pretty sure Tina & Co. are using entirely new blanks but on the plus side the colors are much deeper and more vibrant on these. Starlites are from the original run. Aria is current just received.

New chips are a tad thinner, a little lighter, a little more rounded on the edges, and need calipers to confirm but slightly smaller diameter I think as well.

2675-CA48-9-C50-42-F4-8-F8-D-ACBAAA3-DAAF8.jpg

B05-A0458-35-EB-4395-A02-A-5894-A16-C26-E2.jpg

CD6-AA1-B3-DD91-43-CA-BE6-F-6-FE36-DB73-AC7.jpg
They look different in a few ways. More rounded edges? Stacks shorter? I’m happy to hear the new formula is more vibrant

They look different in a few ways. More rounded edges? Stacks shorter? I’m happy to hear the new formula is more vibrant
Added to my post but ya most of those things. A downside will be finding racks. The old spinettis special likely will be pretty loose for these

Last edited:
Added to my post but ya most of those things. A downside will be finding racks. The old spinettis special likely will be pretty loose for these
Hmmmm I wonder if this is the way our chips will look from the Batch 5-add on order

I really really liked the old blank! I hope I like the new one equally as much.
These have a very similar feel. I prefer the old blank by far myself but can’t complain for the price tag. And the color really is insane. Still a solid dealz

I’m probably pickier than most and hypercritical about ceramics too so take with a grain of salt

These have a very similar feel. I prefer the old blank by far myself but can’t complain for the price tag. And the color really is insane. Still a solid dealz

I’m probably pickier than most and hypercritical about ceramics too so take with a grain of salt
People doing add-on orders might be in for a surprise - me included :oops:

I just got a Casa Mango add on and the originals were in Sean’s first batch. As @JeepologyOffroad pointed out, the blanks in our order which arrived a week ago are different. It doesn’t bother me and someone in our group had to mention it for me to notice. I will take comparison photos next week.

Last edited:
I was thinking about adding onto my set as well and can confirm that I think something changed in their process (blanks and/or printing). Tina flat out said that the colours won’t match, but didn’t mention anything about the blanks.

Now that I see the height difference in @JeepologyOffroad ’s pics, I think it’s too late for add-ons for those that care about matching colours and chips.

Batch 5 is an add-on to my original order. To say I have no concern would be misleading, but I feel that once the Batch 5 chips are amongst the ‘originals,’ I won’t be able to tell the difference (that much) - especially when they are in play.

With enough of them mixed together I don’t think it would be too noticeable. I’d be more worried about these lighter chips not stacking as stable if anything at all. Fwiw I’ll definitely be using these to try to convince the other game in town to upgrade to these chips. Still awesome.

With enough of them mixed together I don’t think it would be too noticeable. I’d be more worried about these lighter chips not stacking as stable if anything at all. Fwiw I’ll definitely be using these to try to convince the other game in town to upgrade to these chips. Still awesome.
Just out of curiosity, how does a mixed barrel stack? Anything noticeable?

This was my concern exactly, I ordered 3575 in chips 4MFRB's back in an Anita's order so everything matched given the known variability in product supply runs from China

my advice for future orders
- when choosing colours and spots choose significantly different colours in the set unless you are comfortable with similar yellows/reds/pinks etc (any colour) being blended into a similar colour wheel. (unless you are prepared for that and consider this when choosing spot edges, it does hold the set together however)
- order all of the custom cards mold chips you are going to want in one order....they are cheap so why worry. If ordering more, order something different as non-matching chips makes the OCD go Crazy!
-If ordering a set with add-ons and quality control in mind for reorders etc....buy local in North America!

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, how does a mixed barrel stack? Anything noticeable?
I’ll upload pics in a bit. Confirmed size difference. The weight and slight larger size of the old blanks feel much more substantial in the hand, but the new blanks feel a lot grippier so they might actually stack better

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom