CARDS MOLD SHOWCASE! (1 Viewer)

Excited to finally get my chips. Ordered last year during the first GB, but was holding out on shipping until a cheaper option than DHL was available. However... Since they still only do DHL to Europe i was getting tired of waiting, and finally got them shipped regardless. Even if the shipping cost pretty much the same as the chips themselves.

Still a good deal though, so no worries. I was expecting them to be nice, but I'm still positively surprised at how nice they are. Shuffle great, colors are super nice and feel/weight is good.

I do have a feeling the $500s were from the last production run with different blanks potentially, although not sure yet. I know they were made substantially later than the other two denoms though, because they were printed with completely wrong colors the first time around and had to be remade. Anyways, some phone pron. Will take some proper photos in a few days!

View attachment 787719
View attachment 787716
View attachment 787720View attachment 787718
Nice Breakdown!

Excited to finally get my chips. Ordered last year during the first GB, but was holding out on shipping until a cheaper option than DHL was available. However... Since they still only do DHL to Europe i was getting tired of waiting, and finally got them shipped regardless. Even if the shipping cost pretty much the same as the chips themselves.

Still a good deal though, so no worries. I was expecting them to be nice, but I'm still positively surprised at how nice they are. Shuffle great, colors are super nice and feel/weight is good.

I do have a feeling the $500s were from the last production run with different blanks potentially, although not sure yet. I know they were made substantially later than the other two denoms though, because they were printed with completely wrong colors the first time around and had to be remade. Anyways, some phone pron. Will take some proper photos in a few days!

View attachment 787719
View attachment 787716
View attachment 787720View attachment 787718

Gorgeous. The $500 is amazing.

How do you plan to use this breakdown? Is this a limit set?

Gorgeous. The $500 is amazing.

How do you plan to use this breakdown? Is this a limit set?
Both a limit set and nl set. 20/40 limit i.e. 10/20 blinds, or 10/20 nl.

The main intention was to build a limit set since I don't have one already, and these chips are so reasonably priced it made sense to make it with these. Figured when I had so many 10s and a rack of hundreds for the limit set, I might as well add a few more high denoms to be able to use it in a crazy 10/20 nl game as well. I don't usually play 10/20nl in home games though, but it's the standard stake being offered in card rooms over here so most people have definitely played it. Future proofing, right? And again since these chips are cheap, I decided to go with full racks of everything. (although there is zero chance the full rack of 500s will ever be used at the same time)

Hello guys !
I’m so impressed by the sets I’m seeing here, especially when I heard the prices.
I contacted Tina on Alibaba, I want to order a aria cash and tournament set. With € sign instead of $ sign. The aria cards mold look absolutely stunning, @WhiteMamba1646 posted some pics and got me instant jealous and wanting to get some immediately.

I have some questions regarding quality, there is some debate on this aspects some folks here say, cards mold is just Chinese knockoff and Br pro poker chips are much better. The cost of these cards molds is what makes them very attractive and they do look good imo. My 4 questions are;

- are these chips slippery to handle ?
- how do they compare to the other ceramics, based on quality ?
- will the printing fade away quickly, and are they a lot spinners ?

Thanks !

Hello guys !
I’m so impressed by the sets I’m seeing here, especially when I heard the prices.
I contacted Tina on Alibaba, I want to order a aria cash and tournament set. With € sign instead of $ sign. The aria cards mold look absolutely stunning, @WhiteMamba1646 posted some pics and got me instant jealous and wanting to get some immediately.

I have some questions regarding quality, there is some debate on this aspects some folks here say, cards mold is just Chinese knockoff and Br pro poker chips are much better. The cost of these cards molds is what makes them very attractive and they do look good imo. My 4 questions are;

Thanks !
- are these chips slippery to handle ? No
- how do they compare to the other ceramics, based on quality ? Comparable. High quality
- will the printing fade away quickly, and are they a lot spinners ? No evidence that the printing will fade quickly. Spinners have been known to happen but seem rare.

Hello guys !

Thanks !
I don't think they are slippery at all. I'd say less slippery than nicely broken in Paulsons.

I don't expect them to fade for a long time, if ever. @SeanGecko has probably owned them longest and used them the most, so he would be a good source to answer that question. Regarding spinners, opinions seem to differ. There aren't enough to bother me at all.

Regarding comparisons, to my knowledge, BR Pro Poker doesn't make a debossed ceramic chip, so they have nothing to compare to these. What I personally like a lot about Cards mold is how they emulate a compressed clay chips with a design mold. Especially if you want one with edge spots. Sun-Fly Polyclay is the best comparison. Following is a post of mine where I give my comparison of Cards mold to the Sun-Flys.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/sunfly-polyclay-poker-chips.77029/post-1566675

Oh well they’re it go, my 1600 chip order.
It’s a absolute steal of a price, the shipping is the most expensive thing actually, but overall, with the prices clay chips are going for now, I’m getting the best bang for my buck, and that is cards mold, imo. They’re not the real deal, but they’re are nice for the price.

Oh well they’re it go, my 1600 chip order.
It’s a absolute steal of a price, the shipping is the most expensive thing actually, but overall, with the prices clay chips are going for now, I’m getting the best bang for my buck, and that is cards mold, imo. They’re not the real deal, but they’re are nice for the price.
Also, forgot you asked about changing the dollar sign to Euros. Just contact @Johnny5 He owns the Aria's designs so you really should go to him for any changes. He may have even already done it for others.

Received these today, thanks @SeanGecko .
They are Starlite's with a Joker/Jester replacing the bird.
Not sure if I will keep them yet or put them up for sale.
I bought a Husker WSOP set previously and honestly thought I would sell it to a local, but I love them.
Now I have to decide which I want to keep.

Now on to the PRON

20211018_020244000_iOS.jpg

20211018_022429000_iOS.jpg

20211018_022507000_iOS.jpg

20211018_022452000_iOS.jpg

20211018_023127000_iOS.jpg

20211018_023120000_iOS.jpg

20211017_235853000_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, so you apply a late-time malus instead of an on-time bonus.
Why not. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Nope, it is exactly an On Time Bonus
Show up on time and get an additional 1k chip
Show up 1 minute late and don't get the extra chip

Absolutely the best thing ever implemented to get people to show up on time. I have guys running in the door @ 6:58 to get their extra chip.

Nope, it is exactly an On Time Bonus
Show up on time and get an additional 1k chip
Show up 1 minute late and don't get the extra chip

Absolutely the best thing ever implemented to get people to show up on time. I have guys running in the door @ 6:58 to get their extra chip.
I'm going to be running my first multi-table tournament in a couple of months. I want to do this also, but I'm thinking the cut off should be 5-10 minutes before the start time. I want to be sitting at the table ready to start the timer and deal the cards at start time, not running around giving the last minute entries who showed up at X:59 their bonus chips.

The whole idea is to get everyone there EARLY, not at the very last minute. Thoughts?

I'm going to be running my first multi-table tournament in a couple of months. I want to do this also, but I'm thinking the cut off should be 5-10 minutes before the start time. I want to be sitting at the table ready to start the timer and deal the cards at start time, not running around giving the last minute entries who showed up at X:59 their bonus chips.

The whole idea is to get everyone there EARLY, not at the very last minute. Thoughts?
I could be mistaken, but I think the bonus is given to people who are seated with their entry fee paid at the given time. Walking in 10 seconds ahead of the stated time wouldn't give them enough time to have that taken care of, so no bonus.

We say "present and ready to play" by 8:00pm. Functionally that's the time, but the cutoff is when cards are in the air. I keep a stack of the on time bonus chips nearby and just toss em out during the first hand. It's no problem.

ETA: The whole point is to get people there at start (ish) time, not straggling in late. So generally I'm not quibbling too much or being militant if someone shows up at 8:01 and cards aren't in the air.

We say "present and ready to play" by 8:00pm. Functionally that's the time, but the cutoff is when cards are in the air. I keep a stack of the on time bonus chips nearby and just toss em out during the first hand. It's no problem.

ETA: The whole point is to get people there at start (ish) time, not straggling in late. So generally I'm not quibbling too much or being militant if someone shows up at 8:01 and cards aren't in the air.
Do you put starting stacks for all expected players (without the bonus) on the tables before the players show up? What about handling the money? That takes time too. I agree with not being militant about it, but if someone walks in when were are all seated and ready to play, and it delays the start, then they shouldn't get the bonus. Maybe instead of calling it an "on-time" bonus, I will call it an "early arrival" bonus.

Do you put starting stacks for all expected players (without the bonus) on the tables before the players show up? What about handling the money?

I've been running ongoing 2-table tournaments for our league, and always try to pre-set stacks ahead of time. Makes it easier for everyone. Guys show up, pay their buy-in, and draw for their random seat.

I've been running ongoing 2-table tournaments for our league, and always try to pre-set stacks ahead of time. Makes it easier for everyone. Guys show up, pay their buy-in, and draw for their random seat.

Yep, I also pre-table the chips but use the seating chips as the lever to ensure the buy-in is paid.

Do you put starting stacks for all expected players (without the bonus) on the tables before the players show up? What about handling the money? That takes time too. I agree with not being militant about it, but if someone walks in when were are all seated and ready to play, and it delays the start, then they shouldn't get the bonus. Maybe instead of calling it an "on-time" bonus, I will call it an "early arrival" bonus.
Yeah, my routine is like this:
  1. Set up table(s) for the number I'm expecting. Cards, chips etc. all ready to go.
  2. Players buy in as they arrive and are given seat assignment (could also give bonus chips here)
  3. Start tourney clock at 8pm (early bird cuts off) and hand out bonus chips.
It might be a hair more work, but the black and white of tourney clock not running/running will remove a lot of grey area about what is an early arrival and what is not.

And again, if it's borderline on someone running into the basement to make it on time and the clock hasn't started, I just give the bonus. Intention here is for butts in seats at start time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom