Interest Cards Mold Group Buy - INTEREST ONLY (6 Viewers)

Would you participate in another Cards Mold Group Buy

• Total voters
with anita price was

cards mold
at 10,000 chips the price is .23/chip

at 20,000 chips the price is .22/chip

43mm

.at 10,000 .30/chip

I'm interested 800-1000

1623978050586.png

Which vendor has the better edge alignment? Also, anyone know the approx percentage of significantly misaligned edges?

I’d boost my order to ensure that most/all edges are good.

I’m good for 500ish

Does the poll percentage splits add up to over 100% for anyone else?

also, if US reshipping, I would be in for 800.

Does the poll percentage splits add up to over 100% for anyone else?

also, if US reshipping, I would be in for 800.
I enabled the choose multiple options feature, for people who want to click both Yes options

Reactions: khp
Re-shippig from US is better. Like @mnebesny mentioned, 1) the shipping cost from China is cheaper to the USA vs Canada and 2) importing in the US is about 15% cheaper since there is no taxes. Also shipping within Canada is not 'much' cheaper than from USA to Canada.

Bottom line, it's clearly better for Americans if re-shipping is done via USA and slightly better for Canadians if re-shipping is done via USA as well. If it is still not clear at this point, I would recommend re-shipping via USA; everybody wins.

If possible I would go for 100x 43mm I need to fix a bad denom from my current set. There is a high potential I go for more as I am as crazy as you all.

Re-shippig from US is better. Like @mnebesny mentioned, 1) the shipping cost from China is cheaper to the USA vs Canada and 2) importing in the US is about 15% cheaper since there is no taxes. Also shipping within Canada is not 'much' cheaper than from USA to Canada.

Bottom line, it's clearly better for Americans if re-shipping is done via USA and slightly better for Canadians if re-shipping is done via USA as well. If it is still not clear at this point, I would recommend re-shipping via USA; everybody wins.

If possible I would go for 100x 43mm I need to fix a bad denom from my current set. There is a high potential I go for more as I am as crazy as you all.
Yes, I'm currently mapping a set of around 950 chips. but shipping CONUS is a must.
Thanks for the input. Fwiw I agree with you. Hopefully someone American will volunteer, or we'll be able to piggy back with @TX_Golf_N_Poker or someone else

Interested in a Canada GB, understanding there likely aren't enough.

USA reship adds way too much extra cost, but YMMV. From my experience in the previous SeanGecko GB, it added $25% to my bottom line cost. I'd rather pay slightly more and have chips arrive at my door. I hated being made to wait for re-shipping. Domestic shipping in Canada is expensive, sure, but it's still gonna be way faster to receive from the time the chips are produced and shipped than using USA reship. This added like 2 months of waiting, just to save a few bucks. Mehhhhh...Just my own experience of course.

Still though... great chips.

1000+ maybe even 1500 or so.

Last edited:
I’ll be in for about 1500 chips. Been talking to a few about doing my own group buy but I don’t think I have the experience needed to pull one off especially reshipping chips. I’ve also looked at just ordering some chips myself but not as cost effective.

UPDATES
  • 2021-06-17: With overwhelming interest so far, it looks like there's very good chance of this happening. First order of business will be to pick a manufacturer (either Tina's company or Anita's company). @Eloe2000 has a great review/comparison here that points out the differences. The other priority is to determine whether the chips will be shipped to me in Canada, or different member in the CONUS. So far, I've had an offer from a member who is potentially willing to reship from the US, and he will confirm with me tomorrow whether he is in or out. I've updated the poll, please vote so we can see general preferences, as well as posting your comments in the thread so we can discuss.
Thanks to everyone for their support and interest. Looks like our first major decisions will be which vendor, and where to ship.

In terms of vendor, my personal preference is Tina. While it's a slightly more expensive choice and may take a little bit longer, I think the chips have better colors and slightly better print resolution. It's going to take a long time regardless, and the added cost shouldn't be too substantial, so I think it's worth the extra time and money. Make sure to check out the comparison thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-ceramic-chip-comparisons.72320/

In terms of shipping location, my recommendation would be to ship to the CONUS. I think @Raphmivey describes my opinions pretty well, as it will be cheaper for Americans (obviously) and will result in more predictable and presumably lower costs to Canadians (even if it takes a bit longer to get their chips). When we're talking about a 6+ month timeframe from now until we have chips in hand, a few extra weeks while the get shipped from the US to Canada doesn't bother me personally.

I've expanded the poll to include more specific choices, so please update your poll answers and/or comment your thoughts on vendor and shipping location so we can all make an informed choice together.

There is always the option of doing a 3 stage reship, where the chips are originally imported in the US for freight/customs purposes, and then us Canadians can share MFRBs to effectively use the space and save as much as possible, and then reship any odds and ends domestically, for example if someone orders 800 chips but you can only fit 700 in a MFRB

To expand on this point, you can ship a very large amount of chips via Fedex for a lot less than using USPS MFRB.

When I did the reshipping from US to Canada I think the max I could get into a medium box was 800 chips, due to the weight limit for shipping to Canada. And 800 was pushing it. I'd say 700 - 750. The medium box cost about $54, which comes to about 6-7 cents per chip.

With a Fedex shipment, I was able to send more than 3,500 chips in one box for about $150, which comes to about 4 cents per chip.

Although, when you factor in cost of reshipping the reshipping, this might not save any money in the end. Unless enough people lived close enough to each other and could just meetup to get the chips.

Just thought I'd share

Thanks to everyone for their support and interest. Looks like our first major decisions will be which vendor, and where to ship.

In terms of vendor, my personal preference is Tina. While it's a slightly more expensive choice and may take a little bit longer, I think the chips have better colors and slightly better print resolution. It's going to take a long time regardless, and the added cost shouldn't be too substantial, so I think it's worth the extra time and money. Make sure to check out the comparison thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-ceramic-chip-comparisons.72320/

In terms of shipping location, my recommendation would be to ship to the CONUS. I think @Raphmivey describes my opinions pretty well, as it will be cheaper for Americans (obviously) and will result in more predictable and presumably lower costs to Canadians (even if it takes a bit longer to get their chips). When we're talking about a 6+ month timeframe from now until we have chips in hand, a few extra weeks while the get shipped from the US to Canada doesn't bother me personally.

I've expanded the poll to include more specific choices, so please update your poll answers and/or comment your thoughts on vendor and shipping location so we can all make an informed choice together.
Just curious - what is the current US/Canada border situation? Might there be someone in the US who lives close to the border that could take shipment of the Canadian chips and then drive them across, or a Canadian come over and pick them up for redistribution to the rest of Canada?

Just curious - what is the current US/Canada border situation? Might there be someone in the US who lives close to the border that could take shipment of the Canadian chips and then drive them across, or a Canadian come over and pick them up for redistribution to the rest of Canada?

We talked about doing this for the last group buy, I live about 90 minutes from the border. But the borders weren't open by the time the chips arrived. Also, I think we determined that there was not much value in bringing the chips to Canada to have a Canadian do the reshipping. I believe the cost to ship 600 chips from US to Canada is almost the same as shipping from a Canada address to a Canada address.......I think.

The ingenuity of this forum to get their clay ceramic disks! :tup:

I'm in for probably a large order. I'll talk to some of the bars I'm dealing at since this is in their price range to upgrade over dice chips, could be 3-4 MTT sets. At a minimum I'm interested in a 3 table set for myself.

I may be interested in a small add-on if Anita is the manufacturer
25-25,000 chips on the cards mold (I have a edgespot/inlay just need to have it made into an AI file)
25-small blind button 43mm (I have a edgespot/inlay just need to have it made into an AI file)
25-big blind button 43mm (I have a edgespot/inlay just need to have it made into an AI file)
25-kill buttons 43mm (I have a edgespot/inlay just need to have it made into an AI file)
25-Reserved button 43mm (Open to ideas on this one)
(thinking and resisting the idea of an add-on to any of the existing chips in my set already)

I would like some help making the designs a reality please pm me....I had thought of other options but I think cards mold chips would be the best bang for my buck on these.

1623992750118.png

To expand on this point, you can ship a very large amount of chips via Fedex for a lot less than using USPS MFRB.

When I did the reshipping from US to Canada I think the max I could get into a medium box was 800 chips, due to the weight limit for shipping to Canada. And 800 was pushing it. I'd say 700 - 750. The medium box cost about $54, which comes to about 6-7 cents per chip.

With a Fedex shipment, I was able to send more than 3,500 chips in one box for about $150, which comes to about 4 cents per chip.

Although, when you factor in cost of reshipping the reshipping, this might not save any money in the end. Unless enough people lived close enough to each other and could just meetup to get the chips.

Just thought I'd share

This is true....

The second part of that story is that the end recipient in Canada will receive a shipping customs invoice from Fedex to pay the customs and duties at the border. The 3575 chips sent for ~150 also had a ~200 customs fee from the tyranny that rules. Still this is likely the cheapest option for large orders.

Driving across the border is risky on larger amounts of poker chips for curious bored border guards that will likely grill you.

Last edited:
I'll be making a rather large order. I want to carry 2 stock designs of chips, probably a WSOP tribute and another set that's on the Aria chip colors, but with a more generic inlay for resale purposes. I think probably about 5,000 - 8,000 of each.

Would it be possible to have my portion shipped separately? I doubt anyone who is organizing this wants to reship 10-16k chips to me. I could likely arrange my own pick up with my logistics carrier. If it doesn't work out, then I can bow out and figure out my own purchase directly. My order would probably be big enough as a standalone order and get the discounts. Although, any discounts for 30k+ chip order?

If anyone want to piggy back into Canada with me, I'm happy to oblige however it might not be the best option since I'm doing this through my business, so any resale/distribution would be subject to taxes.

I'm interested if everything works out, most likely a US shipment. If I read this right, we're talking around .40 cents per chip? At that price, I'd probably do 800.

Though I'm all over the map with the different art. Don't know if I want to piggy back, or try to start a new design.

oops, never mind. I’m still in for 800-1000 chips though.

I'll be making a rather large order. I want to carry 2 stock designs of chips, probably a WSOP tribute and another set that's on the Aria chip colors, but with a more generic inlay for resale purposes. I think probably about 5,000 - 8,000 of each.

Would it be possible to have my portion shipped separately? I doubt anyone who is organizing this wants to reship 10-16k chips to me. I could likely arrange my own pick up with my logistics carrier. If it doesn't work out, then I can bow out and figure out my own purchase directly. My order would probably be big enough as a standalone order and get the discounts. Although, any discounts for 30k+ chip order?

If anyone want to piggy back into Canada with me, I'm happy to oblige however it might not be the best option since I'm doing this through my business, so any resale/distribution would be subject to taxes.

I don't think you can escape taxes on anything but a very small order. They get you one way or another.

These are a good buy. At retail these would be the nicest chips avail in Canada right now were you to bring in a set. Your customers would likely be quite happy with these chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom