Cards Mold/"Tina" Alibaba Ceramics Master Consolidated Info Thread (5 Viewers)

Got some samples from Tina of the Aria and some WSOP tribute chips.

These are some nice chips for the price.

The only question I had (from people that bought these already) is are the edge spots aligned well on your chips? The samples I got, the edge spots are off a bit (might be way they are samples). I will ask Tina, but it is always nice to hear from people that actually bought from them (either the Aria or WSOP tribute card mold chips).

BA1C2F84-5484-4BDD-8D4F-52A974CBE6A5.jpeg

Attachments

• D55A2714-4E9C-440E-8F53-3B53537CE60B.jpeg
    D55A2714-4E9C-440E-8F53-3B53537CE60B.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 478
  • E0F079D7-86E4-4EC3-9996-FAC7FDA41D90.jpeg
    E0F079D7-86E4-4EC3-9996-FAC7FDA41D90.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 397
  • B25C637A-28D9-45AF-8F23-2BFEDC07F8C7.jpeg
    B25C637A-28D9-45AF-8F23-2BFEDC07F8C7.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 422

The only question I had (from people that bought these already) is are the edge spots aligned well on your chips? The samples I got, the edge spots are off a bit (might be way they are samples). I will ask Tina, but it is always nice to hear from people that actually bought from them (either the Aria or WSOP tribute card mold chips).

View attachment 673675

Edge spots have been off in every photo I've seen of these.

View attachment 673675
Edge spots have been off in every photo I've seen of these.
All edge spots are definitely not perfect, and no one I know that ordered these expected them to be perfect 100% of the time.

One of these days I will pull out 100-200 at random and tabulate that numbers, but a rough estimate, I would say about 65% are close to perfect, about 25% are off a wee bit, but not enough to be too distracting, and around 10% are off by a bit more.

Thanks. Trying to talk myself into buying a lot of these and offering it up for others to buy (since there are no group buys going on at the moment and these Aria chips are FIRE).

Thanks for the help.

View attachment 673675

What’s important to understand is that the edge alignment is a completely manual process. ABC/BRPro won’t even attempt edge alignment on their ceramics.

When they run true samples they don’t even print the edges. For all we know the samples you have are rejects because of edges. Also, it is tricky to calculate the proper edge spots distances in the artwork. I am sure the pro designers here have it right but there is a chance people are getting the math wrong on the edge spot artwork.

Granted my set was one of the first ones produced for the community, but I have very few issues with mine. I have noticed in other more recent photos that there is a greater frequency of edges that don’t align as well as they do in my set. Perhaps with the bulk of orders they have on their plate they are being less diligent with this? I don’t know.

Here are three randomly pulled stacks from my set.

2AE314B0-552E-4817-996E-DA658DAA1F7C.jpeg

View attachment 673675
Those Wright's chips are mine. They are just like mine look. I would agree with @TX_Golf_N_Poker assessment of the edge alignment percentages. Many are aligned well, some are slightly off, and a maybe 10% are off significantly. I'm very happy with them.

Since I understand that the vendor works from Pantone colors, I've been using my Pantone swatches and have been trying find the closest color matches to the Paulson chips in my collection. Before I go to crazy on this, does anybody know the answers to these questions:

1) Are the colors actually produced a very accurate match to Pantone swatches? I would be somewhat surprised if they are using official Pantone dyes, but trying to understand if it's realistic to use any color reference other than the color wheel chips floating around.
2) Are they able to produce the full Pantone spectrum? I'm assuming they cannot do Pantone metallic colors. What about Pantone neons?

If this is not a fool's errand and anyone would like me to share my Paulson-Pantone matches, I'm happy to do it. I don't have a full Paulson color set so I'm just doing it from chips I have.

Since I understand that the vendor works from Pantone colors, I've been using my Pantone swatches and have been trying find the closest color matches to the Paulson chips in my collection. Before I go to crazy on this, does anybody know the answers to these questions:

1) Are the colors actually produced a very accurate match to Pantone swatches? I would be somewhat surprised if they are using official Pantone dyes, but trying to understand if it's realistic to use any color reference other than the color wheel chips floating around.
2) Are they able to produce the full Pantone spectrum? I'm assuming they cannot do Pantone metallic colors. What about Pantone neons?

If this is not a fool's errand and anyone would like me to share my Paulson-Pantone matches, I'm happy to do it. I don't have a full Paulson color set so I'm just doing it from chips I have.
IMG_20210419_212317.gif

The only answer I am sure of is that there are plenty more colors than the color wheel chips. Those were intended just to provide some basis.

I would doubt they are using any official Pantone dies.

View attachment 673675
Can I have the names of the vendors?

Can I have the names of the vendors?
I will PM them to you, but you are aware that if you are ordering for yourself alone the price of shipping is likely to be more than the chips themselves?
This has me thinking about something. I know there have been a couple members that have gone to Tina directly for small orders. Is anybody else bothered by the thought that a small order gets pushed to the front of the line, and gets produced and shipped out more quickly? Why shouldn't all sales be serviced in the order they are received? Many of us are still waiting for our chips that were ordered in August, as well as orders that were placed in November and December. But I know that at least one order, the 43mm color wheels, got produced and sent out very quickly. Weren't there a couple more that seemed to jump the line?

I feel like the vendor should be focused on finishing their older outstanding orders before they even think about producing new orders. And I'm not just talking about poker chips. I'm thinking about whatever else the company prints/makes. So now I'm wondering if this is the reason why our big orders are taking so long? Is Tina's company servicing ALL their smaller orders first, and just working on the big ones when they can fit them into their schedule? Curious minds want to know!

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled program...

But I know that at least one order, the 43mm color wheels, got produced and sent out very quickly.

I will just say that the color wheels were a bit different. I explained to Tina what they were and that I was ordering them to distribute to the members of our community and that we were using those to help us design future sets. She definitely turned those around ASAP, but I think she understood the context to be different there.

There was only one individual order situation where I had direct knowledge. I know the person paid a significant premium to expedite the order.

Several people have wanted to order their own set directly and have insisted on getting Tina's contact info from me. I have given them the info but I think once they find out that I wasn't kidding about the costs associated with individual orders and shipping they have just move on.

This has me thinking about something. I know there have been a couple members that have gone to Tina directly for small orders. Is anybody else bothered by the thought that a small order gets pushed to the front of the line, and gets produced and shipped out more quickly? Why shouldn't all sales be serviced in the order they are received? Many of us are still waiting for our chips that were ordered in August, as well as orders that were placed in November and December. But I know that at least one order, the 43mm color wheels, got produced and sent out very quickly. Weren't there a couple more that seemed to jump the line?

I feel like the vendor should be focused on finishing their older outstanding orders before they even think about producing new orders. And I'm not just talking about poker chips. I'm thinking about whatever else the company prints/makes. So now I'm wondering if this is the reason why our big orders are taking so long? Is Tina's company servicing ALL their smaller orders first, and just working on the big ones when they can fit them into their schedule? Curious minds want to know!

I would assume that is the case. I contacted Tina and got a sample set from them. She was super responsive to me (we went back and forward in the Alibaba check 15 times over a 2 day period). I was looking at the time for just 500-1000 chips and it seemed like I could get them pretty fast.

My guess is they don't want to hold new business up when they are working on larger projects. They also make more money per chip when they are working with the individual ($0.42 per chip vs $0.26-0$.28).

Is anyone in possession of a set of color wheels that they'd be willing to loan out?

I will just say that the color wheels were a bit different. I explained to Tina what they were and that I was ordering them to distribute to the members of our community and that we were using those to help us design future sets. She definitely turned those around ASAP, but I think she understood the context to be different there.

There was only one individual order situation where I had direct knowledge. I know the person paid a significant premium to expedite the order.

Several people have wanted to order their own set directly and have insisted on getting Tina's contact info from me. I have given them the info but I think once they find out that I wasn't kidding about the costs associated with individual orders and shipping they have just move on.
I do agree about the color wheels being different. So my point wasn't that they should not have been expedited. My point was more about how the company does business day to day. Do you really think that every order the company has received (for anything, not just chips) since August 2020 is still sitting in a queue waiting until our chips are completed? Obviously not. And yes, I realize there were other circumstances like printing proofs and editing designs that caused the order to get broken up and pushed out the last couple batches. But it still seems to me like they are prioritizing other orders ahead of ours that were received later, and maybe even MUCH later.

I would assume that is the case. I contacted Tina and got a sample set from them. She was super responsive to me (we went back and forward in the Alibaba check 15 times over a 2 day period). I was looking at the time for just 500-1000 chips and it seemed like I could get them pretty fast.

My guess is they don't want to hold new business up when they are working on larger projects. They also make more money per chip when they are working with the individual ($0.42 per chip vs $0.26-0$.28).
Not a good enough excuse UNLESS they are telling us up front that we are way down on the priority list in order to get the lower pricing. If anything, good business sense tells me you prioritize your biggest, potential repeat customers ahead of smaller one-time orders.

Not a good enough excuse UNLESS they are telling us up front that we are way down on the priority list in order to get the lower pricing. If anything, good business sense tells me you prioritize your biggest, potential repeat customers ahead of smaller one-time orders.
Agreed, but obviously they have not done that. The first group buy started almost a year ago and some people are still waiting for chips.

I do agree about the color wheels being different. So my point wasn't that they should not have been expedited. My point was more about how the company does business day to day. Do you really think that every order the company has received (for anything, not just chips) since August 2020 is still sitting in a queue waiting until our chips are completed? Obviously not. And yes, I realize there were other circumstances like printing proofs and editing designs that caused the order to get broken up and pushed out the last couple batches. But it still seems to me like they are prioritizing other orders ahead of ours that were received later, and maybe even MUCH later.

I do think that proofs and changes absolutely kicks entire orders back towards the end of the queue. Above all else, I think his is the origination of the bulk of the time delays.

I don't have any opinion whether or not it is the right or wrong way to do business.

For the record, my "express sample order" wasn't intentional to get in the way of any of your larger orders that were already in process. The group ordering process has been a mystery to me and I just wanted to get some samples ahead of time since it was taking so long to get the regular order....so I was ready for the 3rd group order if it happened. I have paid my money for the samples but I haven't heard anything except they hoped that they "would be making some ARIA's chips this week and they would run my samples at that time". They also told me my chips would ship within 15 days...and I have 10 days left on that countdown. I don't know whose chips that they are running other than mine.

Last edited:

Just to clarify
I don’t want to step in front to nobody
I ask for the vendor because my producer it’s terrible to make my Aria chips
Judge yourself
1618951193633.jpeg

I want just a different vendor
Easy
Thanks guys for your help!!

For the record, my "express sample order" wasn't intentional to get in the way of any of your larger orders that were already in process. The group ordering process has been a mystery to me and I just wanted to get some samples ahead of time since it was taking so long to get the regular order....so I was ready for the 3rd group order if it happened. I have paid my money for the samples but I haven't heard anything except they hoped that they "would be making some ARIA's chips this week and they would run my samples at that time". They also told me my chips would ship within 15 days...and I have 10 days left on that countdown. I don't know whose chips that they are running other than mine.
Well, the batch 4 chips are "supposedly" done and being shipped soon. Or maybe there are still a few left to print off. After that, either @bsdunbar1 or New China Club GB should be next. Bill, did you order Aria's? Sean might know too but I'm not tagging and bothering him.

And again, I'm not faulting anyone who's order did get bumped to the front of the line. If you ordered a few Aria's, and they are already running some off, then that is smart for them to run yours with the others.

Just to clarify
Judge yourself
View attachment 681964
Easy
Yeah, the 25,000 and 500 look way off. These looks like "Anita" chips, but I think they work for the same parent company.

In any case, the ones from "Tina" are WAAAYYY better. I have a sample set of these and the Red, and Yellow just pop. The yellow and black chips don't look that bad, but the other 3 looks like they could be a lot better.

Just to clarify
Judge yourself
View attachment 681964
Easy
I see that these are not on Cards mold blanks. Are they 39mm or 43mm plain mold? Otherwise, what do you not like about them? Colors off? Poor print quality? It's sometimes hard to tell from just a photo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom