Cards Mold Color Database (1 Viewer)

eightyWon

Straight
Reaction score
I've seen some absolutely stunning color combos being produced on the latest cards mold sets and it got me wanting/wondering if we could start a database of sorts with chip pics and the pantone/CMYK colors used?

This could be as simple as a google spreadsheet to start. I'd volunteer to set it up and maintain it.

The key here is that we'd need folks to volunteer pics of their chips and then obviously the color codes. I know many of the designs have been produced by our fabulous PCF designers and they may have a stake in NOT sharing too much information?

Thoughts?

Tina & Co. seem to manually choose colors per order. I’ve seen such huge variations between batches so I don’t think this info would be worth the effort honestly
She 100% eyeballs it from whatever you send.
I sent this as what I wanted.
6E9CBEC3-4B0E-412A-A71D-5C81B6675EC2.jpeg

And she sent this back as a proof.
7204A628-10A6-4206-9930-DBEDCDF8AD12.jpeg

For those who own Card Molds chips from Tina, how would you describe the colors..?

Are they "almost" as vibrant as CPC's or other more expensive chips?

Has anyone ever tried to do a direct comparison between Tina's colors and those on the CPC Tool?

Does Tina have any of the day glow / fluorescent colors available?

Sorry if all of these questions have been asked before, but doing a search here on PCF seems to get "Close" to an answer but I und up going down too many rabbit holes!!

Thanks!

The rabbit hole is a lot cheaper, but then you begin to think, "Hey I can buy more sets on the cheap!"

The chips are printed using CMYK inks, so dayglo and fluorescent are definitely out. Even certain blue colors take a hit when trying to replicate in CMYK. They look vibrant in RGB onscreen, but get duller when converted to CMYK.
If they ever started using 6-color print for dye-sub chip printing, it would greatly increase the vibrancy of the finished chip.

For those who own Card Molds chips from Tina, how would you describe the colors..?

Are they "almost" as vibrant as CPC's or other more expensive chips?

Has anyone ever tried to do a direct comparison between Tina's colors and those on the CPC Tool?

Sorry if all of these questions have been asked before, but doing a search here on PCF seems to get "Close" to an answer but I und up going down too many rabbit holes!!

Thanks!
Some good questions.

I used the CPC tool to design the colors and spots I wanted on my custom cards mold Texas Flood chip set. This is pretty close to my final design, which I then sent to @timinater to complete the AI files I would send to Tina. It's pretty hard to read, but all those are CPC colors and I used most all of the "dayglo" colors on one or more chips.

Tournament Set v01.png

So after sending this to Tim, here is what we ended up with. I changed one of the demons and the pattern on the 5K, and I added a 50K chip. Otherwise it's pretty similar.

v5-Texas Flood Poker Club PRINT_Lineup.jpg

And finally, here are the actual chips. I'm not the best photographer, but in my opinion Tina pretty much nailed the set. I'm extremely happy with the end result. Hope this helps a little, and if you still want to put together that database, and want to use any of these chips, just let me know.

Texas Flood lineup.jpg

I thought I would add another pic to compare the final results to my CPC color samples on one of the brighter chips.

No the dayglo colors don't POP like the real CPC colors. But they aren't bad either. On the other hand, Tina's yellow blows every yellow that CPC has out of the water.

20220901_002652.jpg

Here's another one. Tina did a darn good job on Dayglo Pink, and her Light Blue is, IMHO a lot prettier than the CPC Light Blue.

I should also add that for both the cards mold and the CPC chips, all the colors are more vibrant in person than in these pics. Except maybe the light blue and canary CPC chips. Those are pretty drab in person too. About the same as the pics.

20220901_003741.jpg

Here's another one. Tina did a darn good job on Dayglo Pink, and her Light Blue is, IMHO a lot prettier than the CPC Light Blue.

I should also add that for both the cards mold and the CPC chips, all the colors are more vibrant in person than in these pics. Except maybe the light blue and canary CPC chips. Those are pretty drab in person too. About the same as the pics.

View attachment 979055
great info - thanks..!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom