Ceramics (cards mold) color sample sets (1 Viewer)

OK, @krafticus snuck in there for the last one. That looks like all are taken, but please post for backups in case one of the pre-dibs releases.

I also have 2x 9 chip sets that are missing the pink chips. Let me know if anyone wants those at a discount.

FWIW I ordered 30 of these because 30 people bought sets in the first group buy. Seemed like a good number. I encourage people to trade them off, or if someone else wants to reorder I am happy to provide the files and contact info etc.

Last edited:
Would love a 9 piece if available.

Wpuld upgrade to a full set if enough folks fall thorough.

Whew! You almost gave me a heart attack there when I logged in after a long family dinner and the first thing I read was ALL GONE!!! LOL!

Thanks for putting this together @Eloe2000

Also, my set will definitely be available for borrowing.

Would love a 9 piece if available.

Wpuld upgrade to a full set if enough folks fall thorough.
If you ever wanna use mine as reference, or any of the other folks in/around NoVA, let me know, I'm sure a long term loan can be arranged.

F99B8FAD-ECB2-4911-BDD1-89743FC26127.jpeg

For everyone receiving their color samples: I had sent a Dropbox link to the AI file for the chips where you can sample the colors as necessary. The intention was that you would either be able to reference the color letters with your designer or you can keep this AI file open while you design your chips and can color sample as necessary. If you are confused or that doesnt make sense please just ask. If you can not find the link just PM me.

Got mine today as well. Thanks again!

I know you posted in the cards mold thread at some point which were smooth and which were textured but I can't find it.

My own assessment is orange, brown and purple are smooth and everything else is textured but that's just my fat fingers.

Got mine today, thank you.
They are awesome.

I know you posted in the cards mold thread at some point which were smooth and which were textured but I can't find it.

My own assessment is orange, brown and purple are smooth and everything else is textured but that's just my fat fingers.
You can barely feel the difference but if you use your finger nail and lightly scratch across it you can feel the difference or look at them on an angle in the light. Look close to the edge.

Take a look underneath a light on a slight angle and you can see where the texturing ends on the textured chips. But, yeah, like I said it’s not very noticeable and wouldn’t make a difference to me.

3409DD98-C267-4B91-9DF0-659C6848CE48.jpeg

Take a look underneath a light on a slight angle and you can see where the texturing ends on the textured chips. But, yeah, like I said it’s not very noticeable and wouldn’t make a difference to me.

View attachment 576823
yup, I was basing it more on feel than looking for visual clues given folks had said they couldn't really tell the difference.

Honestly, in my opinion, most of the dotting, or spitting seems to be the color and not the texture. This is really obvious on a few yellows.

If anything I'd just avoid those colors, but honestly, it's ceramics, my art, 0.30 a chip, gimmie gimmie!

Got mine today, thank you.
They are awesome.

You can barely feel the difference but if you use your finger nail and lightly scratch across it you can feel the difference or look at them on an angle in the light. Look close to the edge.
yeah, using a nail makes it easy to tell you will feel rough but random vs rough with a repeating texture

I can just feel it with my fingers pretty easily tbh.

Hi folks, I am really tempted by a 43mm set but have heard bad stuff most specifically spinner problems. Since these samples are on the 43mm chip, could you guys please comment on the 'quality'? how bad is it? thx!!!

Hi folks, I am really tempted by a 43mm set but have heard bad stuff most specifically spinner problems. Since these samples are on the 43mm chip, could you guys please comment on the 'quality'? how bad is it? thx!!!
I see people in the GB#2 thread talking about spinners. I have already received my full set from GB#1 and while I haven't played any games yet I had a long photo shoot with them and pulled them out last night as well to test them. As new they stack lick bricks and are very grippy. Not a single spinner. Someone else chimed in on that thread and said that the "issue" only occurs after they break in but also said the spinners are nothing like the severity of the issue with other types of chips that have spinners. Honestly, I am not concerned.

I really like the 43mm chips, and unlike the cards mold that are smooth only, the 43mm chips have the option for a textured surface which you would assume would maintain gripiness longer. The smooth 43mm do seem to be a bit less grippy against each other, at least compared to the cards mold smooth chips. I plan to order a set or two of 43mm textured and am not really concerned about it for what its worth.

I see people in the GB#2 thread talking about spinners. I have already received my full set from GB#1 and while I haven't played any games yet I had a long photo shoot with them and pulled them out last night as well to test them. As new they stack lick bricks and are very grippy. Not a single spinner. Someone else chimed in on that thread and said that the "issue" only occurs after they break in but also said the spinners are nothing like the severity of the issue with other types of chips that have spinners. Honestly, I am not concerned.

I really like the 43mm chips, and unlike the cards mold that are smooth only, the 43mm chips have the option for a textured surface which you would assume would maintain gripiness longer. The smooth 43mm do seem to be a bit less grippy against each other, at least compared to the cards mold smooth chips. I plan to order a set or two of 43mm textured and am not really concerned about it for what its worth.
Thank you for the great response! Just to be clear, when you refer to your set from GB#1, you are talking about your 39mm cards mold Casa Mango set right? (amazing set btw!) or do you have a 43mm set as well?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom