Cali CPC-set. Added a poll. Critique/suggestions wanted (3 Viewers)

Which set do you like best

• Set 1

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Set 2

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Set 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Set 4

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Set 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Set 6

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters

Personally, I really prefer spot progression in cash sets. I still liked set #1 from the OP, but I know you are trying to stick within a budget. If you are headed in the most recent direction to stay mostly in L1, let me also suggest you at least consider starting the set with 112, 212, 312 spots like below and the. Continue on to 412 etc.

C26F5CFA-7C4D-48D0-8CC7-709A33B5E104.jpeg

Personally, I really prefer spot progression in cash sets. I still liked set #1 from the OP, but I know you are trying to stick within a budget. If you are headed in the most recent direction to stay mostly in L1, let me also suggest you at least consider starting the set with 112, 212, 312 spots like below and the. Continue on to 412 etc.

View attachment 472144

I like the idea of spot progression but not really a fan of the 112. It looks so empty to me. Maybe something like this, starting with the 212 and spice up the hundo a bit:

8AFA38A4-CCC1-4E59-8126-D5DE386351A5.png

I like the idea of spot progression but not really a fan of the 112. It looks so empty to me. Maybe something like this, starting with the 212 and spice up the hundo a bit:

View attachment 472145

I like this a lot better. I agree with you on the 112 and forgot that your first chip is not a frac. I think that spot works ok on fracs. I am no custom chip expert so I am curious what the more experienced chippers here think of this new set.

Not sure which 500 I like best. The retro lavander above or this one:

244531C9-B43F-4756-A6AD-0EC0B4C46930.png

I too hate the asymmetry of a single edge spot.
If you want to be "strict" about progression, however, let me point out that the 500 has only 3 spots (even if each one is triple), following chips with 4 spots.
What about going
212 -312- 3TA316 - 3V12 - 4V12 or
312 - 3D14 - 3TA316 - 3V12 - 4V12
The 3TA316 doesn't have to have four colors; just three are enough.

Expensive, though.

I too hate the asymmetry of a single edge spot.
If you want to be "strict" about progression, however, let me point out that the 500 has only 3 spots (even if each one is triple), following chips with 4 spots.
What about going
212 -312- 3TA316 - 3V12 - 4V12 or
312 - 3D14 - 3TA316 - 3V12 - 4V12
The 3TA316 doesn't have to have four colors; just three are enough.

Expensive, though.
Something like this maybe:

0435DF39-319A-4731-AFE7-B17EB3805DB7.png

Or perhaps with retro blue on the 500

DDEC31E5-7641-4AF1-AEB9-B6F1B77F3411.png

So I think I’m done. I have tried to tweak some more but keep coming back to this:

79519987-A48D-4B04-B6BF-E04EE494BD6A.png

I wanna thank everyone who have contributed to this thread and helped me arrive at this (imo) killer set! Big big thanks to

@RichMahogany
@HMK
@Rhodeman77
@allforcharity
@JMC9389
@JoeBGo
@Eloe2000
@doublequeen
@LeGold
@Jambine

With special thanks to:
@Josh Kifer
@chipsncoffee
@Coyote
@detroitdad - you were right, the first sets were a little boring. Frankly, I was a bit offended at first haha, but it got me thinking and re-working everything. This turned out so much better, thank you!

So I think I’m done. I have tried to tweak some more but keep coming back to this:

View attachment 473140

@detroitdad - you were right, the first sets were a little boring. Frankly, I was a bit offended at first haha, but it got me thinking and re-working everything. This turned out so much better, thank you!

FWIW I wouldn't have said that if you didn't ask for our opinions. I didn't have time to mock anything up because I'm working on a chip project as well.

This is a pretty good lineup. I don't love the shared whites between chips one and three (even though its white and bright white). I also think there is to many shades of blue in this lineup. That is just a personal preference thing for me. I hate shared colors.

I do like the edge spot progression all across the board.

I did some mocking up too last year for a custom CPC set and that's the thing we have to keep in mind, is to keep an open mind for feedback. If you're going to go the route of creating and paying for a custom set, make sure it's worth it and it's the set you really want because trying to undo it later can be rather expensive. Then it's about making sure you buy enough chips for some expansion later. What's the build time looking like right now?

FWIW I wouldn't have said that if you didn't ask for our opinions. I didn't have time to mock anything up because I'm working on a chip project as well.

This is a pretty good lineup. I don't love the shared whites between chips one and three (even though its white and bright white). I also think there is to many shades of blue in this lineup. That is just a personal preference thing for me. I hate shared colors.

I do like the edge spot progression all across the board.

No it was silly of me to feel offended by an opinion when I specifically asked for others’ opinions :)
I see what you mean about the shared colors. I don’t mind it though

Thanks! @chipsncoffee kindly offered to put something together based on a cool picture I found. A kind of sunset beachy feeling.

Awesome... I am a big fan of beach sunsets ;)

What I was sort of getting at is that you should keep your commitment sort of loose until you can drop in the inlay and see how it looks together.

Last edited:
Awesome... I am a big fan of beach sunsets ;)

What I was sort of getting at is that you should keep your commitment sort of loose until
You can drop in the only and see how it looks together.
Yeah you’re right, it’s probably good to not be too married to the line-up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom